• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's Dave!! He Lives! Brought out of hiding by a GAG.... Anywhere else that would sound wrong.

My typical arrival routine:   1.  Send the kids off somewhere....anywhere.  After two days on the road I'm ready for them to disappear.  2.  Pop open beer.  Walk around the site enjoying the beer.  3.

Hmm... the truck has a big gas tank and only requires fill ups every 8 hours or so (not towing).  We may need to limit your fluid intake.      Depends on how many stops we need to make along the way.

Here's the deal.  You come as far west as I-24 and I'll buy the GAG.  And bring Anna. 

Deal!

I'll meet you all there.

Mo, how many can you fit in your truck? The way it sounds we may need to leave your truck at I24 and take Dave's van from there.

8 - but right now 3 of you have to ride in dog crates.

We might want to swap them out for the 3rd row seat.   8)

sounds like some kinda hippie van to me!

Don't worry Bob, we'll come get you too.

smiley-character0066.gif

oh boy! I always wanted to be a hippie, I'll bring the tunes, Sinatra, Como, all that 60's hippie stuff, ROCK and ROLL Dudes :animated-smileys-character-024:

maybe I was stuck too early in the 60's, ok let me think of this a little more, Beatles, Stones, Humble Pie, Mama's and the Papas, Cosby, Stills and Nash,Country Joe and the Fish, Joe Cocker, The Band, Sha na na, Santana, Canned Heat, The Dead, The Who, Jefferson Airplane?

is that better?

maybe I was stuck too early in the 60's, ok let me think of this a little more, Beatles, Stones, Humble Pie, Mama's and the Papas, Cosby, Stills and Nash,Country Joe and the Fish, Joe Cocker, The Band, Sha na na, Santana, Canned Heat, The Dead, The Who, Jefferson Airplane?

is that better?

I don't know.  Let me get your record collection from Gwen and sit in my van getting stoned.  Then I'll get back to you. 

is that better?

I could actually listen to most of that on a road trip.  :)

I know this thread started out about fried chicken...but since we are so far off the rails and Bob is talking about music, let me share this.  Earlier this year, Bob gave Gwen his old record collection, and she has been loving playing all the old stuff on her turntable.  She has put a few songs on YouTube and the effect of the old technology and the new being blended is pretty cool. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARiS_YCafpw&feature=c4-overview&list=UUHFWgdf01eyqecikE02gYnw

is that better?

I'd add Iron Butterfly to the list.

BTW, I still have my turntable from the 60s.  And 45s from 50s to the 70s.  Albums, many from the 60s.  Gene Pitney, the Four Seasons, etc.  Man, I need to get rid of all that stuff.

I'd add Iron Butterfly to the list.

BTW, I still have my turntable from the 60s.  And 45s from 50s to the 70s.  Albums, many from the 60s.  Gene Pitney, the Four Seasons, etc.  Man, I need to get rid of all that stuff.

Did you say Four Seasons??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zP6GSsG-z0&feature=c4-overview&list=UUHFWgdf01eyqecikE02gYnw

Yep, I sure did.  Man, that brings back memories.  I have a first cousin named Sherry.  A lot of songs in the 60s were about girls ... Sherry, Mary, etc.  No one ever did a song about Gwen.

I know this thread started out about fried chicken...but since we are so far off the rails and Bob is talking about music, let me share this.  Earlier this year, Bob gave Gwen his old record collection, and she has been loving playing all the old stuff on her turntable.  She has put a few songs on YouTube and the effect of the old technology and the new being blended is pretty cool. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARiS_YCafpw&feature=c4-overview&list=UUHFWgdf01eyqecikE02gYnw

Those are great!  I love the crackle sound. Brings back memories!  Good job Gwen!

Yep, I sure did.  Man, that brings back memories.  I have a first cousin named Sherry.  A lot of songs in the 60s were about girls ... Sherry, Mary, etc.  No one ever did a song about Gwen.

No songs about Kim, Kimberly, Kimmie either unless you count the ones H makes up.  We won't go there.

Whoa Gwen... I was NOT expecting that from you. 

And now I have In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida stuck in my head.   :rofl2:

I actually saw that song, among many more by Iron Butterfly, performed live at a concert at UNC-CH in 1969.  Unfortunately we were sitting so close to the speakers that I think I lost hearing for a couple of days.

BTW, I am full of surprises!  (and I still own that album)