Rumor about Epcot Imagination Pavilion

I need to start one of these blogs.  It looks like you just need to scour the internet for information posted by others, and then put some vague spin on it, and announce a new rumor.

Take for, example, the post from the Epcot Encyclopedia wizard, which told us, in April 2012, that construction of the new Fort Wilderness DVC was imminent:  http://www.epcyclopedia.com/tag/fort-wilderness-campground/

This "news" was based on a permit application that had been discovered and discussed on ff.net months before.

I guess Mr. Encyclopedia's sources were just off by a bit?

TCD

I was bummed to see Universal studios get the rights to the transformer ride. Maybe Hasbro and universal are the same. What do I know. I would have thought with GM having a strong presence in Epcot, it would be cool to have the transformer ride be part of one of the parks. I'm sure I'm missing a big reason why and someone will chime in

It could be because the Transformer movies executive producer is Steven Spielberg, and the movies are distributed by DreamWorks Pictures.

Also, with the purchase of Marvel and Star Wars, plus what the Disney Company already owns, there is no shortage of Disney owned theming opportunities. They may feel that there is no need to go 3rd party.

There is a substantial connection between Hasbro, the maker of the Transformer toys, and Disney.

Hasbro pays Disney, and will pay even more in the future, for the rights to use Marvel and Star Wars characters.

It could be because the Transformer movies executive producer is Steven Spielberg, and the movies are distributed by DreamWorks Pictures.

Also, with the purchase of Marvel and Star Wars, plus what the Disney Company already owns, there is no shortage of Disney owned theming opportunities. They may feel that there is no need to go 3rd party.

There is a substantial connection between Hasbro, the maker of the Transformer toys, and Disney.

Hasbro pays Disney, and will pay even more in the future, for the rights to use Marvel and Star Wars characters.

I figured as much. It would have been cool to incorporate transformers into the new test track. Besides the less than 60 seconds of going fast outside the building and able to view the new Chevrolet line up of vehicles in the end, the ride is lame. Especially waiting in line for hours without a fast pass. Just as I think spaceship earth was ruined withe lame video of inserting your face in a crappy cartoon. My wife said it was a good ploy for a secret Disney survey to see where the majority of the visitors are from. I will make sure to click on Antarctica next time as my home to throw off the curve...lol

This site might just be getting their info from the other one, but the rumor seems to be spreading...

BREAKING: Imagination Pavilion to Close
Posted on July 24, 2013 by Mark

We've heard rumblings for a while, and now it seems to be all but official that the Imagination Pavilion in Epcot’s Future World will be closing January 2, 2014.  Details after the jump.

Captain EO will be gone for good and replaced entirely, and the Imagination Ride will be closed for a year for an “extensive renovation”.  Rumors we’ve heard is that something Phineas and Ferb related will be going in, and many die hard fans are hoping for the original ride to be restored.

http://www.illuminatingepcot.com/epcot-news/breaking-imagination-pavilion-to-close/