Le Cellier dinner now considered Signature Dining

As posted on AllEars...

REMINDER: Effective March 1, 2011, dinner at Le Cellier Steakhouse  will be elevated to a Signature dining experience, offering an exciting new menu that will change seasonally and an expanded wine list. For Disney Dining Plan and Disney Deluxe Dining Plan Guests, this change for dinner will require two table-service meal entitlements per person. Lunch will remain one table-service meal entitlement per person.

http://allears.net/news/hnews.htm#030111nb

New dinner menu as posted on WDW Magic...

Dinner serving from 4pm to 9pm. A Signature Dining Expierience for Dinner, requires 2 credits on Disney Dining Plan.

APPETIZERS

Black and Blue Beef Steak Tartar 16.00

with a Hot Spring Egg and Pommes Gaufrette

Crab and Heirloom Apple Salad 14.00

Celeric Remoulade, Lemon Oil, Radishes and Micro Celery

Steakhouse Caesar Salad 9.00

Crisp Romaine, Aged Parmesan, and Pretzel Croutons

Artisan Spicy Chicken and Chipotle Sausage 12.00

with Roasted Corn Polenta and Sweet Onione Jam

Heirloom Tomato Salad 12.00

Marcerated Red Onions, Minus '8' Vinegar, and Smokey Blue Cheese

Assortment of Artisanal Cheeses 14.00

accompanied with Chef's selection of Dried Fruits and Preserves

Grilled Jumbo Asparagus Gratinee 11.00

with Sauce Hollandaise, Canadian Cheddar, and crunchy bacon

Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup 9.00

made with Moosehead Beer and Bacon

"Le Cellier" Lobster Chopped Salad 16.00

Mixed field greens, haricot verts, avocado, tomatoes and "Lake Meadows" egg

ENTREES

"Le Cellier" Mushroom Filet Mignon 41.00

8oz Canadian AAA Beef Tenderloin with Wile Mushroom Risotto, White Truffle Butter Sauce, and Micro Chervil

Roasted Venison Medallions 37.00

with Celery Root Mouseeline, Forest Mushrooms, and Brussels Sprouts

Pacific King Salmon 34.00

with Parsnip Puree, Braised Greens, Pickled Pearl Onions and Mustard Sauce

Grilled Bone-In Rib-Eye 42.00

16oz Bone-In Rib-Eye with Herb-parmesan Potato Wedges and Maple-Pink Peppercorn Butter

Roasted Duck Breast and Leg Confit 30.00

with Cheddar-Bread Pudding, Swiss Chard, and House-made Pepper Jelly

Charred Pork Tenderloin 32.00

with Maple Polenta, Sauteed Pea Tendrils, Baby Corn, and warm Bacon Vinaigrette

Canadian "Prime" New York Strip 42.00

12 oz Strip Steak with Gruyere-Yukon Gold Potato Gratin, Wilted Spinach and Vin Rouge Reduction

Seared Gooseberry Cod 33.00

with Braised Oxtail Ravioli, Shiitake Mushroom, Bok Choy and fragrant Oxtail Consomme

Potato-Leek and Goat Cheese Quiche 23.00

with melted Leek's and Truffle-Butter Sauce

SIDES

"Poutine" Fries 8.00

Canadian Cheddar, Truffle Salt, and Red Wine Reduction

Baked Macaroni and Cheese 7.00

with White Cheddar

Creamed Spinach 7.00

with parmesan

Maple-glazed Rainbow Carrots 7.00

in Maple Butter

Truffle Crushed Potatoes 8.00

Yukon Gold Potatoes, Truffle Oil, and European Butter

Sauteed Mushroom 7.00

with Herb Butter

DESSERTS

Trio of Chocolate 10.00

Canadian Club Chocolate Mouse, Chocolate Sorbet, and warm Chocolate Almond Cake

Le Cellier Mont Blanc Semifreddo 9.00

Semi-frozen White Wine Sabayon with Chilled Fruit Soup

Maple Creme Brulee 8.00

Seasonal sorbet 8.00

Lemon Cheesecake 9.00

with a citrus salad and mandarin ornage gelee

No Sugar Added Chocolate Mousse 9.00

with wild berry compote and no sugar added raspberry sorbet

http://www.wdwmagic.com/Dining/Le-Cellier-Steakhouse/Menus/01Mar2011-Le-Cellier-Steakhouse-dinner-menu.htm

I know lots of people rave about Le Cellier... but I would be happier and get by ALOT cheaper with a grey goose slushie or glass of wine from France with a baquete and plate of cheese from the Boulangerie Patisserie.

I agree, but with a beer it's even cheaper.  A 1664

Our experience at LC was not good, I would never pay those prices to eat there again. Thank goodness we found the Fort and can grill our own steaks!!  :banana: I have figured out that they keep raising the prices to make the DDP seem "worth it" to potential customers. Meanwhile, if you pay out of pocket, watch out!!

If Le Cellier is a signature restaurant, then McDonalds must be considered fine dining.

LeCellier is an over-priced Logan's Steakhouse, if you ask me.

I agree, and for those prices they should be cutting my steak and feeding it to me. We are spending less money every year at Disney restaurants. I don't need an experience when I eat just value and quality for my money

Agree. We enjoyed the Irish place at DD, and took the group to Rain Forest Cafe at Animal Kingdom last time. We will not do Rain Forest Cafe again, to much noise for me and even the Godkids/Goddevils got tired of it.

Don't throw anything, but most of the times we ate counter service, I got a kids meal. It was cheaper and the right portion size vs an adult serving.

I agree the DP is definately inflating prices.

Agree. We enjoyed the Irish place at DD, and took the group to Rain Forest Cafe at Animal Kingdom last time. We will not do Rain Forest Cafe again, to much noise for me and even the Godkids/Goddevils got tired of it.

Don't throw anything, but most of the times we ate counter service, I got a kids meal. It was cheaper and the right portion size vs an adult serving.

I agree the DP is definately inflating prices.

I'm with ya, I would rather grab a sandwich in the parks at counter service, then come "home" and grill a big steak for 1/3 of the cost!

I know lots of people rave about Le Cellier... but I would be happier and get by ALOT cheaper with a grey goose slushie or glass of wine from France with a baquete and plate of cheese from the Boulangerie Patisserie.

Great idea Judy, we'll do that our next trip  :)

I've heard good and bad about Le Cellier. My sister and BIL seem to like it. But for me, I would rather return to my RV and the Fort and cook my own steak. There is no way I'll spend 41.00 for a ribeye. That's one of the advantages of camping at the mouse. You can control your food costs. My wife and I can eat for a whole trip on what one meal at most of the signature restaurants charge. That's just me though.

I AM NOT A SKINFLINT. I'M JUST FRUGAL. ;D

I AM NOT A SKINFLINT. I'M JUST FRUGAL. ;D

I would call you "WISE".

At one time the better restaurants at Disney were just that...better restaurants.  Since the invention of the dining plans most of the meals they serve taste like they have been pre-prepared at a warehouse, shipped in to the restaurants, and microwaved before being served.  I don't think anything is hand prepared at Disney anymore.  Not even at the so-called "signature" restaurants.  The food reminds me of what is served on Carnival Cruise Line.

The sad thing is, that no matter how high they jack the prices up, the restaurants will still be packed!  At two credits, LeCellier is not a great deal any more.  The last time we went was in 2006 and we won't be going back!  I can see them doing the same thing with Chefs de and maybe Coral Reef too!

We've never eaten at LC, partly cause with 4 kids it ain't worth it, but mostly cause I figure if I'm spending that kind of money on a nice dinner at Disney, I'd rather do the HDDR and enjoy the show and the all you can drink beer, and then stumble back to my campsite.  Plus I just prefer fried chicken and ribs to some steak that's got a mushroom blob dumped over it. 

JMHO of course.  I prepare meals ahead of time and put them in ziploc bags in my XL850 freezer.  I'm too old to change.  That approach works for me and that's that.  You do what you want.  Check out my mods in the link below.  Again, so so sad. 

We've never eaten at LC, partly cause with 4 kids it ain't worth it, but mostly cause I figure if I'm spending that kind of money on a nice dinner at Disney, I'd rather do the HDDR and enjoy the show and the all you can drink beer, and then stumble back to my campsite.  Plus I just prefer fried chicken and ribs to some steak that's got a mushroom blob dumped over it. 

JMHO of course.  I prepare meals ahead of time and put them in ziploc bags in my XL850 freezer.  I'm too old to change.  That approach works for me and that's that.  You do what you want.  Check out my mods in the link below.  Again, so so sad.

:D

Oh you old fart, take your XL850 freezer and shove it!!!!! :rofl2: You don't know how many times I wanted to say that (& more)

Earth to Dave......I so agree about steaks with blobs on it. I can't justify spending $100.00 bucks on that kind of dinner! I would rather cook my own steak, sans blob, with a cocktail (or 2, or more)

After looking at that menu, there goes one of our few dining ressies that we had planned for our May trip! Who in the world would eat half of that stuff!?

We mainly go there for the cheese soup and pretzel breadsticks but I don't see pretzel breadsticks on the menu either.

We have eaten there twice. First time was few years ago, when they offered the Dining Plan and it then included the appetizer and dessert.  We enjoyed it. It was a decent value at that time.  A nice steak dinner complete with appetizer and dessert. For what the plan cost us at that time, I think it was less than $40.00 a day.

Then Bob and I ate there last May. It was just the two of us, and we paid out of pocket. It was expensive, which let's face it, nothing in Disney is cheap, but it was really nothing to write home about. Felt more like a "set it up, eat it up, clean it up"...sort of a "get "em in, and get 'em out" type of atmosphere.

I don't think we'd spend two meal credits to eat there. Although..we did do that for the Brown Derby. At least there I felt the service was worth paying more for. No one was rushing you in and out as if you were on an assembly line.

We have eaten there twice. First time was few years ago, when they offered the Dining Plan and it then included the appetizer and dessert.  We enjoyed it. It was a decent value at that time.  A nice steak dinner complete with appetizer and dessert. For what the plan cost us at that time, I think it was less than $40.00 a day.

Then Bob and I ate there last May. It was just the two of us, and we paid out of pocket. It was expensive, which let's face it, nothing in Disney is cheap, but it was really nothing to write home about. Felt more like a "set it up, eat it up, clean it up"...sort of a "get "em in, and get 'em out" type of atmosphere.

I don't think we'd spend two meal credits to eat there. Although..we did do that for the Brown Derby. At least there I felt the service was worth paying more for. No one was rushing you in and out as if you were on an assembly line.

One of the best meals we had in December was at the Brown Derby. IIRC it was the one of the only meals that everyone loved.