Yet another loop question...sorry newbie.

First off hello!!!  8)

We are going to Fort Wilderness January 5th through 10th. We will be traveling with our four teens and one preteen. We stayed once at Fort Wilderness about 6 years ago but I didn't do any of the planning since my parents paid for our trip. At that point we stay in 400 loop.

This time we are traveling with our 2009 K-Z 23CFK pulled by a Chevy Suburban. Our trailer is a hybrid with three fold out beds and one slide out. When folded out the trailer is about 30 feet.  We are not traveling with any pets and will be bringing our bikes so getting around the campground won't be an issue. 

We currently have a full hook-up site but am considering changing to preferred or premium because we do not want to be in a pet friendly loop. We are animal lovers and owners but won't have them with us so we would prefer to be away from animals. 

I am planning on calling next week to upgrade our site, ask about AAA discount and request a loop. We are torn by being close to the marina or being close to the pool. Because our trailer is fairly long along with having a large tow vehicle we would like a decent sized spot. 

So long story short what loops would be best for us? So far we are thinking 100, 200, 1000, 1100, 1200, and 1300. 

Also I can't remember if there are laundry rooms in all of the comfort stations. With a large family being close to laundry is a big deal. 

So please help me try to wrap my mind about where to request. 

Thanks!

First off hello!!!  8)

We are going to Fort Wilderness January 5th through 10th. We will be traveling with our four teens and one preteen. We stayed once at Fort Wilderness about 6 years ago but I didn't do any of the planning since my parents paid for our trip. At that point we stay in 400 loop.

This time we are traveling with our 2009 K-Z 23CFK pulled by a Chevy Suburban. Our trailer is a hybrid with three fold out beds and one slide out. When folded out the trailer is about 30 feet.  We are not traveling with any pets and will be bringing our bikes so getting around the campground won't be an issue. 

We currently have a full hook-up site but am considering changing to preferred or premium because we do not want to be in a pet friendly loop. We are animal lovers and owners but won't have them with us so we would prefer to be away from animals. 

I am planning on calling next week to upgrade our site, ask about AAA discount and request a loop. We are torn by being close to the marina or being close to the pool. Because our trailer is fairly long along with having a large tow vehicle we would like a decent sized spot. 

So long story short what loops would be best for us? So far we are thinking 100, 200, 1000, 1100, 1200, and 1300. 

Also I can't remember if there are laundry rooms in all of the comfort stations. With a large family being close to laundry is a big deal. 

So please help me try to wrap my mind about where to request. 

Thanks!

I can't help with preference on a loop as I have only stayed in Partial and Full sites. However you should be aware that Disney may put someone with animals on any loop if thats whats available at the time. 

All the comfort stations do have laundry. 

Also be prepared that they may not have sites available to upgrade. If that happens don't be afraid to try back sometimes things open up. 

Welcome!  And please don't apologize for asking questions, even if you think they've been asked before.

We're typically 300 loop people (preferred pet), so I'll have to leave the loop/site recommendations to others.  But if you haven't seen it already, we do have some info here on the site that may be helpful for you on this page...

http://www.fortfiends.net/_/accomodations/loop-information/site-classifications-r61

Thank you all so much for the quick response. I am glad to hear about pets being on any loop, that at least gives us one less thing to worry about. Now to weigh being close to the pool or being close to the marina. We just may have to take a family vote. 

i am sure you will enjoy yourselves no matter what loop you end up on. 

i am sure you will enjoy yourselves no matter what loop you end up on. 

Oh I know we will. I am totally giddy about this trip. Our oldest is a senior this year so this will be our last family vacation for awhile. This trip was kind of a last minute decision and we were so happy to find dates that worked at a price we could afford. We loved Fort Wilderness the last time we were there. I am so grateful for a place that makes Disney trips within reach for big families. 

If size is what you are looking for, I would not go preferred. Those sites are actually some of the smallest and tightest in the campground. They are only preferred because they are close to the marina.

I like both the 1200 and 1300 loop.

The full hookup sites in 1700 are very spacious also. (But have sand pad behind the concrete). Premium sites are all concrete.

100 and 200 are the preferred loops and share one comfort station.  As noted above those sites are among the smallest in the Fort, but are closest to the Marina/Settlement.  1200 and 1300 are premium loops and also share a CS.  We have stayed in 1200 several times and the sites are mostly pretty large.  1200 is in the corner near the 4-Way stop and gets more noise from busses, etc.  1300 seems to have slightly smaller sites, but is closer to the Meadows and probably quieter.  Sorry, I can't comment on 1000 or 1100 as we have never stayed in either.  Since any choice is only a request, there is no guarantee you will get a particular loop anyway.  But as has been said before, any location at the Fort is better than any site elsewhere.

I was going to suggest the 700 loop. Its not on your list but is about equal distance to the pool/campfire and the marina. 600 isn't too far from either but closer to the pool area. 400 is my favorite and is close to both but closer to the marina.

If size is what you are looking for, I would not go preferred. Those sites are actually some of the smallest and tightest in the campground. They are only preferred because they are close to the marina.

I like both the 1200 and 1300 loop.

The full hookup sites in 1700 are very spacious also. (But have sand pad behind the concrete). Premium sites are all concrete.

My husband looked at the map and liked the 1200 and 1300 loops. Thanks for the info on the preferred sites being tight. I know our trailer isn't that big, it's actually pretty compact when folded up but once we get in a site we need to spread out. Hopefully we will be able to get a site closer to the pool, I think we will just be content to ride our bikes up to the marina. 

Thanks again everyone. 

As DH wrote above, all sites at Disney are wonderful.  He forgot we did stay in the 1400 one time years ago.  We go every year for a month in dec./Jan. and sometime for a week later.  We spent our Spring Break there this past April.  We check in Dec. 8 and we are scheduled to leave on January 4th. so we will just miss you.  Would love to meet you all.

I am not too particular as to the site but we do have to be near the comfort station/laundry as we have children in wheel chairs who are teenagers (15 & 17) and still in diapers and always will be.  We most often travel with 1 or 2 foster children also.  We have been there with as many as 4 wheel chairs and 1 stroller.  Usually some of my children and/or grandchidlren come down at some point in our visit and they help push the chairs, etc.  We use the premium sites to make sure we have enough room on concrete for the slide outs and all the many decorations we bring for the Holidays.  (Lou does not like the blow up decorations so I keep adding to ours just to see his reaction.. Ha!)

I also like bring within walking distance of the Marina but most of the time we are forced to take the buses to the Marina or Outpost.  With 2 wheel chairs we are usually OK but with 3 or more we often have to split up and take 2 buses.  

We know you will enjoy your stay there and believe you me the teenagers will be the most excited to be there.  My 15 year old granddaughter and my 18 year old niece will be back with us this December and they are already packing for the trip.  The had a ball there last year.  It did our hearts good to see them having such a wonderful time.

Welcome to this crazy bunch of people and keep visiting this site.   We are all pretty good people. :welcome:  :insanity:  :purpleflam:  :grpwelcome:   

First off Welcome :welcome:

Personally I would stay with the full hook up and request 1700 or 1600 loops. They are right across the street from 1200/1300 not to far from the pool campfire area but are a little distance from the marina but with bikes its less than a 10 min ride. I would also point out the 600 and 700 loops do not have their own comfort stations and with a crew as large as yours I'm sure you will benefit from a CS being close by (something I would request on your resi).  Your kids will have a ball no matter what loop you get. Really in whole scheme of things almost any site at the fort is great. The thing I have been most disappointed about my sites in the past have been inconsiderate neighbors and they are luck of the draw and can be anywhere.  Don't sweat the small stuff and most things are the small stuff. Just have a great trip your at Disney.  

• 3 months later...

We stayed on site 1116 because we had the DD staying in the cabins and it was a LARGE site. And not crowded at all. Not to far from the pool. We normally try for and always have gotten 100 loop which is a little tight to get into with a 35ft MH but have always made it, as long as the guy on the other side of the road isn't parked in the road.