New Haunted Mansion Dooney & Bourke Handbag

Lucky for my bank account the price tag on this is probably going to keep me away. 

Oh Paaaaaaaammmmmm!!!!

dbh118376SMALL.jpg

I love visiting the ever-popular Haunted Mansion attraction as Halloween returns to Disney Parks. You may recall this past year that we’ve had a few new items inspired by this classic Disney attraction. Today, I’m happy to share a first look at one of my new favorites – a Haunted Mansion-inspired bag by Dooney & Bourke! Whether you are a high-fashion “happy haunt,” or a new Dooney & Bourke collector, it’s probably safe to say, there’s always room for one more bag!

dbh228376SMALL.jpg

I think Disney Design Group artist Mark Seppala did a wonderful job capturing the essence of the attraction with this new bag. I love the subtle details on the bag, including the spooky grey and black color palette with red interior, the infamous wallpaper pattern, and even the hang tag with the attraction logo.

dbh338376THUMB.jpg dbh448376THUMB.jpg

The bag will have a retail of $330.00 (plus tax), and will be released at the following merchandise locations starting September 13, 2013.

Walt Disney World Resort:

Disneyland Resort:

The Disney Parks online store will also carry this bag later this fall.

Hurry back to pick up your Haunted Mansion bag by Dooney & Bourke before they all disappear.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2013/09/spine-tingling-haunted-mansion-inspired-dooney-bourke-bag-coming-to-disney-parks-on-september-13/

I hate to admit it, but that bag is awesome.  Nobody tell my wife I said that, okay?

I'll keep my mouth shut.... for $330.  8)

I've got the 40th anniversary WDW Dooney and use it every day.  Definitely well made and since I'm someone that will use a bag until it wears out, I'd say it was well worth the money.

I'm actually just glad this isn't my favorite style of bag though, as this one might make me actually start rotating bags occasionally.

I will say that I'm a LV girl, so I support expensive purses. I've been carrying the same one for 12 years. 12! Do you know how many purses some of my friends have bought in that time? It was a $600 investment.

So buy that. Ha ha!

I will say that I'm a LV girl, so I support expensive purses. I've been carrying the same one for 12 years. 12! Do you know how many purses some of my friends have bought in that time? It was a $600 investment.

So buy that. Ha ha!

Hey, that's only $50 a year... so far!

I'm pretty sure my mother alone spends more than that on purses in a year.

The only reason I got rid of the purse before this one was because it went flying out across the highway when we rolled the camper and got a nasty case of road rash.  It was still intact though, and I seriously considered it keeping it, scars and all.

Then the 40th Ann. D&B came out...  8)

I hate to admit it, but that bag is awesome.  Nobody tell my wife I said that, okay?

Uh, huh. Right.  Remind me who got you on this site???????  Just kidding.........

Thrill is safe (and in this case - so is his wallet).  He knows how attached I am to my 5 year old Kipling purse.

It was actually my idea to get my DW a Disney Dooney and she loves it. I had a older sister growing up so I learned about Dooney back when everybody called them the Duck purse. I thought my sister was nuts for paying $200.00 for a purse in 1988.

Ok I need an education on these things you call purses.  I think thats a cool looking purse and my DWs birthday is at the end of this month.  She does have a LV but doesnt use it anymore.  Would this make a good present for her or is a purse a personal choice?  I am not the greatest at picking out gifts for her.  Many years ago, early in our marriage she wanted a new vacuum so I bought her a expensive, $400.00 plus, vacuum for her birthday.  I was told that appliances are not birthday, Christmas, or anniversary gifts and I should stick to buying jewelry for those occassions.  So needless to say the local jewelry store loves me.  Are fancy purses something every women wants or is it just a select few?

thanks

Ray "scared to screw up another birthday gift" Diver

Tough question 'cause I think it really depends on the person.

For me a purse is a personal choice - has to hold all my stuff, but not be too big or too small, enough pockets, but not too many, and I need to be able to fling it over my shoulder so strap length is important.  MIL has asked DH about buying me purses before and he told her "she really needs to pick it out herself."

But that's me.  I'm annoyingly picky about wallets too.  And as much as I love the design of this particular purse, it's not my style (which is the only reason I'm not shaking out couch cushions to try and scrounge up the $300)

Totally depends on your DW.  If she's into nice purses and Disney collectible-type stuff, and in this case particularly the Haunted Mansion, and this kind of fits her purse "style", this might be an awesome gift.

Oh and for the record, I've told DH that appliances and things for the house are not gifts unless specifically requested.

I got a sweet set of knives one Valentine's Day.   8)

i agree that it's kind of a personal choice.  but, if she could exchange it if she doesn't like something about it.  i say it would be worth a shot.  or just get her a gift card so she can pick out the one she wants???

me personally-dh knows not to buy me anything.  i just buy what i want (within reason) and he buys what he wants...  its a win win!  

Ok I need an education on these things you call purses.  I think thats a cool looking purse and my DWs birthday is at the end of this month.  She does have a LV but doesnt use it anymore.  Would this make a good present for her or is a purse a personal choice?  I am not the greatest at picking out gifts for her.  Many years ago, early in our marriage she wanted a new vacuum so I bought her a expensive, $400.00 plus, vacuum for her birthday.  I was told that appliances are not birthday, Christmas, or anniversary gifts and I should stick to buying jewelry for those occassions.  So needless to say the local jewelry store loves me.  Are fancy purses something every women wants or is it just a select few?

thanks

Ray "scared to screw up another birthday gift" Diver

If she's into Disney, I say go for it. I'd fall over from surprise, myself.

I like this because the straps look long enough to go over the shoulder, a must for me.

Dillard's carries a nice selection.

Coach has their own stores but I also find Coach in Dillard's.

In my case a D&B is almost always a win. But I have enough purses, it's easy to tell my style. I want my bag tucked tight underneath my armpit, and unless its Disney, I require brown leather.

Best let her pick it out though. We are a fickle lot. :)