Devores... tell us about the new Photopass changes

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RunDisney and Disney Photopass team up........   For the first time ever, Disney Photopass is taking all of the photos for RunDisney events. In the past a third party company handled t

Big changes coming to Photopass. Some features previously only available to Memory Maker guests are now available to all guests.   Beginning Oct. 28, all Guests wearing active MagicBands will have the

No genie character. The lamp responds. 

A couple of items for an update.

As was mentioned during the peak attendance timeframe, those who hold an active memory maker entitlement are not affected by park phased closures. This is a huge deal if you visit during peak times.

Effective January 4th dining photo packages at all dining locations have been discontinued. The photos will still be taken, but no prints will be offered. Instead, the photos will be associated to guests card or rf enabled device (magic band, park ticket, memory maker card).

Guests can purchase the photos just like any other photos in their account.

A couple of items for an update.

As was mentioned during the peak attendance timeframe, those who hold an active memory maker entitlement are not affected by park phased closures. This is a huge deal if you visit during peak times.

Effective January 4th dining photo packages at all dining locations have been discontinued. The photos will still be taken, but no prints will be offered. Instead, the photos will be associated to guests card or rf enabled device (magic band, park ticket, memory maker card).

Guests can purchase the photos just like any other photos in their account.

Dave, 2 questions... Will those with MM still have the digital pictures included? Also, we ate at `Ohana on this last trip, and there was no picture station. Is that no longer happening, or is it due to construction? 

The great thing about this change is that everyone gets the digital photos. Those with memory maker can download them as part of their entitlement while others have the option to purchase them either online or at one of our photo centers. As for ohana, due to construction we couldn't take the regular photos.

The great thing about this change is that everyone gets the digital photos. Those with memory maker can download them as part of their entitlement while others have the option to purchase them either online or at one of our photo centers. As for ohana, due to construction we couldn't take the regular photos.

Thanks for the quick response! 

• 3 weeks later...

Nothing new, but a nice gee whiz bit of info.

Did you know that photo pass has a photobooth located in tomorrow land?

In the space mountain gift shop sits an unsuspecting photobooth. When you enter, you can scan a photo pass card or magic band and have your photos taken and associated with your account. You can then purchase a strip of the photos directly from the machine. The photo strip is similar to any other photo booth.

There is no cost to have your photos associated to your account and you can buy the strip online later if you decide. The strip is $5 for 3 strips with 4 poses.

If you have memory maker, you can download the photos as part of that entitlement.

A fun way to capture a few memories.

In the space mountain gift shop sits an unsuspecting photobooth. When you enter, you can scan a photo pass card or magic band and have your photos taken and associated with your account. You can then purchase a strip of the photos directly from the machine. The photo strip is similar to any other photo booth.

There is no cost to have your photos associated to your account and you can buy the strip online later if you decide. The strip is $5 for 3 strips with 4 poses.

If you have memory maker, you can download the photos as part of that entitlement.

That is too cool! I would love to add that on to our account when we're down there. That could make for some cute family pictures :)

I impressed the TCD twins this past weekend by telling them that this photobooth exists.

We found it, and had a little fun:

Screen%20shot%202015-02-01%20at%204.00.3

Screen%20shot%202015-02-01%20at%204.02.0

Thanks, Dave!

I have not seen anything announcing that this photobooth exists, and nobody else was using it while we were there.

I claim SMPBBR! (Space Mountain Photo Booth Bragging Rights)

TCD

• 2 months later...

A little update.

The new boathouse in DTD has a photo opportunity. I'm not sure of the details, as it's a third party taking the photos.

The part I wanted to share is, if you have photos taken at the boathouse and get one of their cards, you can take that card to their customer service desk and have those photos added to your photopass account. The only way to get them added to your account though is to stop by the customer service desk at the boathouse.

Photopass does not have a way to look these photos up and no way to add them at our view stations.

A little update.

The new boathouse in DTD has a photo opportunity. I'm not sure of the details, as it's a third party taking the photos.

The part I wanted to share is, if you have photos taken at the boathouse and get one of their cards, you can take that card to their customer service desk and have those photos added to your photopass account. The only way to get them added to your account though is to stop by the customer service desk at the boathouse.

Photopass does not have a way to look these photos up and no way to add them at our view stations.

Well that stinks.  I guess I'm going to have to get a selfie stick and take my own photo of me eating my asparagus.

TCD

Good to know - thanks Dave!

...I guess I'm going to have to get a selfie stick and take my own photo of me eating my asparagus.

TCD

We need a picture of you taking the picture.  8)

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry if I'm asking something that has been asked before (maybe even by me). But, my family has 2 trips to WDW coming up. My wife and I from May 20-26 and then my whole family from June 21-28. (plus another 2 weeks in Clermont off-property)

It's my understanding that we can buy it now. Any photo taken on the first trip will last for 45 days. Then, as soon as we download the first photo from it, my memory maker will only last for 30 days from that point in time.

Which means, I want to make sure that I do a set of downloads on May 20+40 days (which is June 29). THEN- my Memory Maker will be good for 30 days (which seems like July 29-ish).

Does my math work on that? If so, that would actually let us use the Memory Maker for the couple of weeks that we are in Clermont doing Disney things in the evenings.

Sorry if I'm asking something that has been asked before (maybe even by me). But, my family has 2 trips to WDW coming up. My wife and I from May 20-26 and then my whole family from June 21-28. (plus another 2 weeks in Clermont off-property)It's my understanding that we can buy it now. Any photo taken on the first trip will last for 45 days. Then, as soon as we download the first photo from it, my memory maker will only last for 30 days from that point in time.Which means, I want to make sure that I do a set of downloads on May 20+40 days (which is June 29). THEN- my Memory Maker will be good for 30 days (which seems like July 29-ish).Does my math work on that? If so, that would actually let us use the Memory Maker for the couple of weeks that we are in Clermont doing Disney things in the evenings.

Yes. That works. just remember, it's 45 days from the date taken. So you'll want to be sure you're using the May 20 to base your dates off of. And be sure to download before that because photos are deleted at the 46th day with no retrieval method. You can purchase an extension if needed which would give you even more time.

Yes. That works. just remember, it's 45 days from the date taken. So you'll want to be sure you're using the May 20 to base your dates off of. And be sure to download before that because photos are deleted at the 46th day with no retrieval method. You can purchase an extension if needed which would give you even more time.

Thanks, Dave (right?).

Not really new, just an announcement.

Today was the start of Photopass season in the water parks. During the peak summer months, both Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach will have photographers positioned at key locations in the parks. To include the wave pool and lazy river. So if you visit the water parks, keep an eye out for Photopass. You may even see me there.

Yeh. My job does not suck.

• 1 month later...

A few minor updates, mostly to the Photopass website.

Beginning 23 July, photos viewed on the mydisneyphotopass.com website will have a water mark added to them. Once a photo is purchased, the water will disappear.

Also, if a print is purchased from the website, a digital download of that photo will also become available.

Lastly, if any photo is purchased from the website, that photo and any renditions of that photo are available for download. So, if you purchase a photo, you can edit that photo as many times as you like and save the edits as copies of the original and all of them are downloadable.