Devores... tell us about the new Photopass changes

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RunDisney and Disney Photopass team up........   For the first time ever, Disney Photopass is taking all of the photos for RunDisney events. In the past a third party company handled t

Big changes coming to Photopass. Some features previously only available to Memory Maker guests are now available to all guests.   Beginning Oct. 28, all Guests wearing active MagicBands will have the

No genie character. The lamp responds. 

I always wondered why Disney didn't put watermarks on the Photopass photos.  Anyone with rudimentary screen cap skills could swipe and use photos from the site.  After all this time, it looks like they finally wised up.

Or using Google Chrome and swiping them from the geek's Javascript console. Not that I've ever done that...

Or using Google Chrome and swiping them from the geek's Javascript console. Not that I've ever done that...

I don't know this trick, but the TCD twins do (or something like it).

The fact of the matter is (sorry Devores), most Photopass photos aren't worth making the effort to swipe.

Plus, if I really, really wanted them, it would be easy enough to join a share, which is another gigantic loophole that the geniuses at Disney can't seem to figure out how to close.

TCD

I don't know this trick, but the TCD twins do (or something like it).

The fact of the matter is (sorry Devores), most Photopass photos aren't worth making the effort to swipe.

Plus, if I really, really wanted them, it would be easy enough to join a share, which is another gigantic loophole that the geniuses at Disney can't seem to figure out how to close.

TCD

No need to apologize. I agree. There are some poor Photopass photographers out there. Drives me crazy. Part of my job is to review the photos taken throughout the day and I cringe allot looking at them.

But there are also some amazing photographers as well.

No need to apologize. I agree. There are some poor Photopass photographers out there. Drives me crazy. Part of my job is to review the photos taken throughout the day and I cringe allot looking at them.

But there are also some amazing photographers as well.

I was pretty happy overall with the photos we got from our trip last December.  

Unrelated question for you....are the DCL photographers still from that other company (Shutters?) or were they brought in house?  Was wondering what to expect, and if the process has changed since our last Disney cruise a few years ago.  

I was pretty happy overall with the photos we got from our trip last December.

Unrelated question for you....are the DCL photographers still from that other company (Shutters?) or were they brought in house? Was wondering what to expect, and if the process has changed since our last Disney cruise a few years ago.

Still shutters.

It's still a few years off before we can even consider using photo pass in the fleet. Contracts and all.

• 4 weeks later...

As part of ongoing enhancements to the Disney PhotoPass offerings, the Disney Attractions+ product was permanently discontinued from all locations around the Walt Disney World Resort (full list found below) on Sunday, August 16, 2015.

Disney Attractions+ was an all-access pass that allowed Guests visiting any of the four Disney Parks to get their on-ride photos for one flat price. Walt Disney World Resort Guests still have multiple PhotoPass packages to choose from.

Full article...

http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2015/08/disney-attractions-discontinued-at-walt.html

Beginning Aug 24 the mydisneyexperience app will allow guest to view their photopass photos directly in the app. You will also be able to purchase memory maker directly in the app. If you have memory maker, you can download your photos to your mobile device and share them. You can also link photopass cards to your account. You can either type in the code or scan the card with your device to automatically link the card. You can also find photopass photographers with the app.

Beginning Aug 24 the mydisneyexperience app will allow guest to view their photopass photos directly in the app. You will also be able to purchase memory maker directly in the app. If you have memory maker, you can download your photos to your mobile device and share them. You can also link photopass cards to your account. You can either type in the code or scan the card with your device to automatically link the card. You can also find photopass photographers with the app.

Thanks Devores. Quick question. With DL having an app now will any of this translate to that app as well? Not sure if you would know.

• 1 month later...

From WDWMagic...

The 'My Disney Experience' app has been updated to include additional features for PhotoPass.

A new QR code can be displayed on screen via the app which can be scanned by PhotoPass photographers in place of a PhotoPass card or MagicBand.

Disney has recently been expanding the scope of My Disney Experience to include more PhotoPass functionality. The last update included previews of PhotoPass images.

The new version of 'My Disney Experience' is now in the Apple App Store.

Article Posted: Oct 08, 2015 / 8:13am EDT

http://www.wdwmagic.com/other/mymagicplus/news/08oct2015-my-disney-experience-app-update-provides-more-photopass-features.htm

Isn't this the same thing Dave was talking about in late August??

Close but not quite. In August he was talking about using MDE to purchase a Memory Maker and then using your phone to scan the QR code on the photopass card to link it. Not they are going to have a QR code on your phone so if you dont have a magic band you can pull that up and use the code on your phone instead of a card. 

Swell.

The app that sometimes won't load, or freezes, or doesn't work at all now has more stuff added to it?

Wouldn't it have made sense to get the current version working right before adding more functions to it?

TCD

The way I understand app building is a new release can have bug fixes and new functions, and the release has to be cleared by Apple (in the case of iOS at least.)  So, maybe they have been working on several different things for this latest release that will fix the problems with the current version as well as add new features.

I see what you're saying, though. 

The way I understand app building is a new release can have bug fixes and new functions, and the release has to be cleared by Apple (in the case of iOS at least.)  So, maybe they have been working on several different things for this latest release that will fix the problems with the current version as well as add new features.

Yep.  I just recently updated MDE and it's one of the apps on my short list that I try and keep current as updates come out.

Some might find this interesting. I have a reservation for Dec 2016. I linked it with MDE on the web. However, it doesn't show up on the IPhone app. After about a half hour on the phone with Disney tech, they determined that it was because my res is more than 12 months out. Whether this is true or not, I don't know. I guess I'll find out in a couple of months when it magically appears

Some might find this interesting. I have a reservation for Dec 2016. I linked it with MDE on the web. However, it doesn't show up on the IPhone app. After about a half hour on the phone with Disney tech, they determined that it was because my res is more than 12 months out. Whether this is true or not, I don't know. I guess I'll find out in a couple of months when it magically appears

I think he/she was correct.

Two days ago I made reservations for next Halloween and they are not showing in MDE, but I did get charged and got an email with the confirmation #.

Last night I made reservations for end of June thru 4th of July, and they are showing in MDE.

• 1 month later...

A few photopass updates.

The Disney Visa Meet and Greet process has changed. You no longer get a free 5x7 print with the exclusive meet and greet. Now Visa card holders get free digital downloads of all of the photos from their experience. No need to visit the view stations. Just download them from the website.

As of today the one day memory maker is only available for purchase with a hard ticket to the MVMCP. After the last party, 1 day memory maker will be discontinued to make way for future product enhancements.