Devores... tell us about the new Photopass changes

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RunDisney and Disney Photopass team up........   For the first time ever, Disney Photopass is taking all of the photos for RunDisney events. In the past a third party company handled t

Big changes coming to Photopass. Some features previously only available to Memory Maker guests are now available to all guests.   Beginning Oct. 28, all Guests wearing active MagicBands will have the

No genie character. The lamp responds. 

I've read a couple places about the new photopass site www.mydisneyphotopass.com. Apparently you can now link your pictures to your Magic Band. What else is different?

As of last time I worked, you still cannot use the Magic Bands as photopass cards. Its coming soon, but still not activated.

The new site is the biggest change, as well as the photo expiration as mentioned above. 45 days from date taken.

You can log in to the photopass site from your mydisneyexperience account.

There is a one time extension available for purchase, but can only be done once. Previous extensions could be used over and over.

The photo view is different on the new site and is laid out chronologically by when the photo was taken. 

You can still edit photos before ordering by adding borders and autographs.

As more info becomes available (more WILL come available) I will update everyone.

Thanks! The touring plan blog said the Magic Bands were active, but I didn't look for a source.

Keep us posted!

When was the article written.

We cannot scan to the bands yet. The system is not set up for it yet. They are running some tests, but have not given the green light yet.

• 2 weeks later...

As of today, 18 Sept 2013:

Magic bands may now be used as photopass media. Meaning, if your band is linked to your MDE account, you can tap to associate your photos to your account. Then when you log into your MDE account and follow the link to photopass, your photos will show up.

Also as of today, Magic shots are back. All magic shots are now being done in all locations.

Hey Devores have you heard anything about Photopass+ rebranding to Memory Maker with real time access to your photos from you My Disney Experience app?

I am not at liberty to talk about the future of photopass or photopass+ but enhancements are coming and will be made available in the near future. As releases are made public, I will update yall on them.

I am not at liberty to talk about the future of photopass or photopass+ but enhancements are coming and will be made available in the near future. As releases are made public, I will update yall on them.

I only asked about it because the owner of Mousecounselors.com is at the TA Earmarked conference and they were told that much. Believe me not trying to get you in trouble. 

I only asked about it because the owner of Mousecounselors.com is at the TA Earmarked conference and they were told that much. Believe me not trying to get you in trouble. 

No worries. I can say there are enhancements coming and from what I know, they are pretty awesome. Once the green light is given, I will let everyone know about them.

Hey Devores have you heard anything about Photopass+ rebranding to Memory Maker with real time access to your photos from you My Disney Experience app?

No worries. I can say there are enhancements coming and from what I know, they are pretty awesome. Once the green light is given, I will let everyone know about them.

Hmmm.

Jason, it sounds like you are on to something here.

TCD

One thing to note I just thought of. Since my Disneyland trip has everyone wanting to migrate west to visit that magical land too. The Photopass changes and magic bands and all that fancy jazz is only at WDW, not DL. DL still uses the old systems and photopass service. It operates the same as the old PP service. You can view your photos from your MDE account, however, all its really doing is linking you back to the old site so you can view your photos. So if you venture to DL, you cant use your MBs to tap to associate.

One thing to note I just thought of. Since my Disneyland trip has everyone wanting to migrate west to visit that magical land too. The Photopass changes and magic bands and all that fancy jazz is only at WDW, not DL. DL still uses the old systems and photopass service. It operates the same as the old PP service. You can view your photos from your MDE account, however, all its really doing is linking you back to the old site so you can view your photos. So if you venture to DL, you cant use your MBs to tap to associate.

Is Disneyland getting MB's at all?  Or Fastpass+?  Is this all just at WDW for now?

TCD

Is Disneyland getting MB's at all?  Or Fastpass+?  Is this all just at WDW for now?

TCD

Right now, just WDW. you would think they would have tested in DL and work out the kinks there first. Smaller park and not as crowded. Easier tests. But no plans I have seen to implement this in DL.

Right now, just WDW. you would think they would have tested in DL and work out the kinks there first. Smaller park and not as crowded. Easier tests. But no plans I have seen to implement this in DL.

That would make too much sense.

So WDW is the guinea pig. Once they get the kinks figured out, it will be easy to put in at the other parks.

TCD

You can use the same card. just the site you use to see them will be different. All the differences are in the background with the servers and where and how the photos are stored.

Any photopass photographer working for Disney can use any photopass card to scan photos to. This includes Aluani, DL, Euro Disney, WDW, etc.

An eight year old's perspective on PP+:

Yesterday DS was talking to 8 year old DGS.  DGS told him, Dad, I'm not spending all my time meeting characters to get my picture made!  I'm going to Disney for the rides!

Sorry, kiddo, you're going to have to meet some characters!

As of today, 18 Sept 2013:

Magic bands may now be used as photopass media. Meaning, if your band is linked to your MDE account, you can tap to associate your photos to your account. Then when you log into your MDE account and follow the link to photopass, your photos will show up.

Also as of today, Magic shots are back. All magic shots are now being done in all locations.

So the photographers have something to tap your band too?

My parents are testing the bands Oct 21-24 do I'm just trying to educate myself to help them get the most out of the bands.

So the photographers have something to tap your band too?

My parents are testing the bands Oct 21-24 do I'm just trying to educate myself to help them get the most out of the bands.

Yep. Identify to the photographer at the beginning of the session that you have a MB (if we don't see a band we start a new card for you). Once done, the photographer will associate the photos to your MDE account by tapping your MB with our reader. When you log into your MDE account and select photopass, your phots will be there.

Yep. Identify to the photographer at the beginning of the session that you have a MB (if we don't see a band we start a new card for you). Once done, the photographer will associate the photos to your MDE account by tapping your MB with our reader. When you log into your MDE account and select photopass, your phots will be there.

Awesome, thanks!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Another question for Dave.  I was looking on the Disney website and stumbled onto something ... but I can't find it again.  I think it said that if you have PP+ and a MagicBand that your ride photos will be automatically put into your PP account.  Did I read it correctly?