Devores... tell us about the new Photopass changes

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RunDisney and Disney Photopass team up........   For the first time ever, Disney Photopass is taking all of the photos for RunDisney events. In the past a third party company handled t

Big changes coming to Photopass. Some features previously only available to Memory Maker guests are now available to all guests.   Beginning Oct. 28, all Guests wearing active MagicBands will have the

No genie character. The lamp responds. 

I am looking forward to the time when they can. Of course, this is probably the last time I will purchase PP.

It will come to the point where you can add the ride photos and purchase them just like any other photopass photo.

And I will say this, it will be the last time you purchase PP+.

I can see where the MB's can be convenient once all the capabilities are added. If it weren't for my PP+ this trip, I could go with only my band on and be good to go!

Intriguing.... Should we make guesses about where it is going or would you prefer us not to do that?

I can see where the MB's can be convenient once all the capabilities are added. If it weren't for my PP+ this trip, I could go with only my band on and be good to go!

Intriguing.... Should we make guesses about where it is going or would you prefer us not to do that?

Yall can guess away. I just cant leak the info yet.

Dang it ... I wish I could find where I saw that.

But in the meantime I did find this:  http://www.doctordisney.com/2013/09/24/update-disney-testing-attraction-photos-sent-directly-magicbands/

I remember those tests. If it all works out, the photo will be added without any extra step on the guests part. Photo is taken and band scanned all in one moment. When you check your account, the photos will be there. You can then decide to buy them or not. Pretty amazing technology.

• 1 month later...

Well, the day has come.

Starting Dec 6th, PP+ will no longer be sold. If already purchased, it will still be honored, but no new sales.

Taking its place will be Memory Maker.

Memory Maker is similar to PP+, with one major difference. You no longer get a CD.

All your digital photos will be available for download for 30 days. This means ANY photo in your account can be downloaded. You can either do this photo by photo, or as a bulk download with the click of one button. Why did I highlight the ANY. This means if you share access to your photos with your friends and family, their photos will show up in your account and will be part of that download. So, if you're traveling as a family reunion of 40, one member of the reunion purchases Memory Maker and everyone shares their photos with that person. Then, you get every photo taken of the entire reunion for that one cost. Pretty neat.

Now, how it works.

Memory Maker can be purchased pretty much anywhere. Online, DRC, Third parties (travel agents, ticket sales centers, etc), merchandise locations.

When purchased, you get a memory maker card. The card has a code on it that is entered into your MDE account. This code enables the downloads of the photos. Your 30 days starts upon first download. NOTE: Photos are still subject to the 45 day rule, meaning 45 days from date taken, the photo will be deleted. Memory Maker does not extend this rule.

Once the number is entered, you can assign the owner of the Memory Maker. Only the owner of the entitlement is able to download photos.

NOTE: Once purchased, there are no refunds. Purchase of digital media (Attractions+, digital download) can be used for upgrading to memory maker with original sales receipt but must be done within 24 hours of original purchase. Purchase of physical prints cannot be used to upgrade to Memory maker.

You and your party can collect photos any way you wish. They can use MBs, PP cards, the Memory Maker card. It does not matter how the photos end up in your account. As long as they are in your account, you can download them.

Memory maker includes all photos taken by photopass photographers, digital images taken at select dining locations and select attractions.

Guests will receive instructions when purchasing memory maker.

Downloaded photos will be high resolution suitable for printing.

Now the cost:

Prepurchase: $149 (There is a 72 hour delay from purchase to use. Photos taken prior to this will not be available for download.)

On Site: $199 (All visible photos available for download)

I'm glad this change occurred after our trip!  I'd rather wait a few days to get CDs than have to download my nearly 400 pictures.

In fact, this is the number one reason I probably will never purchase the MM.  

You can still order a CD at a reduced cost of $30. Its not advertised anywhere, but that is an option you have.

Downloading all at once wouldn't really be a problem.

Does Memory Maker include ride photos? The stock photos that come on the CD? Besides not getting a CD, what are the big differences? I guess one is that a TA can sell it to you.

It includes ALL photos in your account. So, yes, ride photos too. The process changed a little bit and now the attractions have CMs at the end of the ride with tablets. Find that CM and let them know you have MM and they will add your photo to your MB or card. Dining is the same way. Just let the photographer know you have MM and they will add your photos.

TA's were able to add PP+ at least to packages up to a certain time.

True. You could add PP+ on as part of your package. Now MM will be added.

Thanks for all the info, Dave!

NP. As more is released I will let yall know.

It includes ALL photos in your account. So, yes, ride photos too. The process changed a little bit and now the attractions have CMs at the end of the ride with tablets. Find that CM and let them know you have MM and they will add your photo to your MB or card. Dining is the same way. Just let the photographer know you have MM and they will add your photos.

(I apologize in advance because I'm sure I can find the answer to this in another thread, but since I'm here.....)  

Is this also the process for PP+ as far as ride & dining photos?  

I do already have the PP+ can or should it be converted to MM or should I just keep PP+?

(I apologize in advance because I'm sure I can find the answer to this in another thread, but since I'm here.....)  

Is this also the process for PP+ as far as ride & dining photos?  

I do already have the PP+ can or should it be converted to MM or should I just keep PP+?

First,

PP+ is a different process. You MUST use the PP+ card to get the dining and ride photos in order for them to be a part of your package. For MM, you can add them any way.

Keeping it depends on several things. 

How much longer till you arrive?

Do you want the CD? or Downloads?

Did you already receive your PP+ package?

If you already have the PP+ package, Id just keep it. It works the same and the only real difference is the way you get your photos (CD vs Download).

If you have not recieved your package and are still at least a week from arrival, you could cancel the PP+ order and pre purchase the MM. Same cost.

If your less than a week away, you would have to pay the $50 difference between the pre arrival and the full price MM.

• 8 months later...

I guess its time to resurrect this thread.

Everyone should already know about the video for ToT by now.

Guests with a memory maker linked to their MDE and wearing a MB on ToT will get a video of their experience automatically added to their account.

You must have memory maker and you must be wearing your MB when you ride. There is no way to go back after the fact and add the video.

Here is the video in case youre curious:

http://youtu.be/cTF-RijvpWs

I will think of this every time I ride now. Some random person is going to have a video of you.

There are more rides adding this feature coming in the very near future, some of which never offered photos to begin with.

Starting today, there are a few extra magic magic shots. Again, only available for memory maker guests.

Lumiere can now be found back by be our guest. Guests can hold Lumiere in their hands. Chip has gotten the boot, he is no longer available.

Anyone can hold Lumiere, but if you have a memory maker entitlement, when you view your photos online at home, Lumiere will come to life and dance his way into your photo.

There's another one at Studios where you get photo bombed by Sulley from the different sides of the photo. Again its animated.

As of now, these are the only two as they are still in testing, but more are planned.

Good news starting today as well. We can associate photos to any park media linked to MDE. So theres no need to carry and search for extra cards. We can use MBs, park tickets, memory maker card, or if youre feeling nostalgic, a photopass card. Sorry CMs, still cant use the maingates. We are told sometime this year. But weve heard that a few hundred times now.

One day we CMs will be able to take advantage of these features.

• 3 weeks later...

Is the Disneyland and WDW Photopass still on the same system? Will my 1st Gen Photopass card still work?

Also, I'm guessing none of the Magic Band technology is out at DL? So if I link my Photopass to my Magic Band, I'll still need the card out at DL?

Also, I'm planning on purchasing the two-coast AP this year, so I'll need the actual card out at DL?

Is the Disneyland and WDW Photopass still on the same system? Will my 1st Gen Photopass card still work?

Also, I'm guessing none of the Magic Band technology is out at DL? So if I link my Photopass to my Magic Band, I'll still need the card out at DL?

Also, I'm planning on purchasing the two-coast AP this year, so I'll need the actual card out at DL?

DL is currently using WDWs old system. When you goto the Photopass website it will ask where your memories were made. You select the coast and it takes you to the proper server. You will need a card at DL because they do not have the technology installed there. You will also not be able to view all of your photos from both WDW and DL together as you could in the past. Memory maker does not work there either.

DL is currently using WDWs old system. When you goto the Photopass website it will ask where your memories were made. You select the coast and it takes you to the proper server. You will need a card at DL because they do not have the technology installed there. You will also not be able to view all of your photos from both WDW and DL together as you could in the past. Memory maker does not work there either.

Thanks! Although, I hate that they are no longer joined. Last time, I went to DL, I went to WDW right after, and was able to get a CD with ALL the pictures.