9/15-9/19 At the Fort

First trip to the Fort for more then one night in 20+ yrs. Yes I was only a kid the last time we stayed longer then a night and that was in a cabin. So aunt and uncle were going to be at the Swan & Dolphin for a conference and that was all the excuse we needed to head up with the new travel trailer.

Had planned on leaving early ( OK early for us is 10) Sunday morning, hoping there wouldn't be any problem checking in early, we only live about 2hrs away. Didn't end up leaving till 12 ( had to check out the liquidation sale at our local Joann fabrics, sadly not any good sale prices yet). Got on the road and of course hit rain, but nothing we couldn't handle and were at the Fort by 2.

Booked a preferred pet loop and sent in my request for sites, figuring we would be in the 300 loop. Sadly when we arrived we were told that the power would be out in the 300 loop for several hrs one of the days we would be staying. So we were upgraded free of charge to the 500 loop. I wasn't to happy at first as I was really looking forward to the 300 loop. But they let us pick our site and I figured any loop was better then not being there at all. Picked up a golf cart on our way in and headed for our site. Got everything unhooked and set up, and decided to have some sandwiches in the trailer and rest before watching the fireworks. Though confused on the time of the fireworks and water parade we headed down to the settlement to have a look around. Got another great surprise when I stopped to talk to one of the carriage drivers and was offered a sort ride around as they were almost done for the night and we were the only people around. Then headed down to the beach for fireworks and parade. Was a good day.

The 16th we spent mostly away from the Fort. Met up with aunt & uncle for lunch and a look around the Dolphin and conference they were attending. Looked around the boardwalk then went off property for dinner. Went back to the trailer and decided to call it a night.

The 17th we made our way to Downtown Disney for a day of shopping eating and drinking. How could you go wrong there. Other then a little sprinkle of rain we had a great day downtown. Went back to the Fort for naps and dinner before heading out for some resort hopping. Took the ferry to the contemporary and monorailed over to the Polynesian. Caught the fireworks ( Mickeys not so scary Halloween ) completely by mistake while trying to find out if there was a pool bar open ( it wasn't :( ). So headed inside and on the recommendation of Momof6 had a lapu lapu. Then stopped at the Grand Floridian for a look around before heading back to the Fort.

The 18th about 1 am decided to stay an extra night. Called the front desk and got everything extended. Later when we woke up we headed down for breakfast , I'm still craving the french toast bread pudding! Completely stuffed we decided the best thing would be to walk it off, so headed out to check out the resort at animal kingdom and have a look around. Debated picking up our season passes and going into one of the parks when it decided to start raining. So stuck with resort hopping and headed back to the contemporary and wilderness lodge. Stayed mostly dry and had a great day. One more chance to see the fireworks then an early night to bed.

The 19th a sad day we had to leave. Woke up early 8am so decided to start packing up so we would have time for one more round of breakfast. Of of course everything was still wet from the rain the day before and morning dew. Got all packed up showered and returned internet box, was all ready for breakfast. But my poor puppy ( 6yr old 60lbs boxer) who is new to camping was not at all thrilled with the packing up so decided to just head on home. A good thing to, probably would have ended up staying another night just to digest breakfast.

Had a very nice and relaxing trip. Even with out ever going to the parks. The only complaint I have is ( and I'm sure its hard to keep everything straight with so many things going on) that some of the cast members actually know what is going on and how late things are open / running. We were told wrong times on fireworks and that the monorail was closed when it was not. Also had a couple of the boat captains who seemed not to know where their boats were going, and a very erratic bus driver. But nothing that ruined our trip. Enjoyed all the resorts though the swan and dolphin didn't really impress me much.Tried uploading a few pictures but didn't seem to work. I'll try again. Thanks for all the tips I have gotten from my other posts.

Can't wait to go back, hopefully next month! Still looking forward to the 300 loop.

Thank you for taking the time to write a report!  Whether long and detailed or short and sweet, this site has the best trip reports, and everyone ought to write one.

Sorry about all the misinformation you got from the castmembers.  In the future, make sure to take a look at the times guides they give you at check in.  You can also pick up time guides at the ticket window at Pioneer Hall.  The Electric Water Pageant is always at 9:45.  Year round.  365 days per year.  The fireworks change, but the EWP always rides by Clementine's Beach at the Fort at 9:45.

TCD