Wife was looking in the Tampa Area Craigslist for some Pop Up deals. 

Found one, a 2004 Aliner Expidition for $2000.  Posting said it was in great shape, opens and sets up in 30 seconds. Others ran from $4000 to $7000 around the same years.

When you clicked on reply, instead of going to the usual email, it went to another page where you had to type in your email address in a box, and in another box comments.  There were pictures on that page showing an Expidition being towed by a small pickup, but they were pictures of a Cabin A. It looked in like new shape, but I was confused about the folding statement.

I asked the seller CAROLIN36BENBOW@COMCAST.NET  if they were the correct pictures since it didn't seem like a Cabin A was foldable, and I asked where and when I could see it.

So this is the response I got...

Hi,
My name is Caroline, happy to see you are interested in my 2004 Aliner Cabin A Explorer. Let me give you a few details about it. Really good shape, never had any problems using it, no need to invest money in it, it performed flawlessly, the title is legally under my name, clear and free of any liens or loans. It has 14 feet, A/C and heat, refrigerator with ice maker, stove with three burners, micro wave, sink, radio am fm, a 18 gallon tank fror fresh water, back up 12V batery, water heater. bath room with toilet and shower, external shower, and also the refrigerator can work with gas or the 12V batery. The sleeping capacity is 3. The price was reduced at $2,000. Because of my divorce settlement, I own this trailer and as a woman I don`t need it so I`m trying to get rid of it as soon as possible (that`s why I`m selling it so cheap).
If you have any other questions, or need more info and photos, please feel free to ask.
Sincerely,
Caroline

Again, I ask about the folding statement in the original post and when and where I could see it.

After sending the reply, I decided to Google Carolines email address.

It's been used in numerous Craigslist ads and other sites for campers around the country.  A lot of the ads have been pulled like this

This posting has been flagged for removal. [?] (The title on the listings page will be removed in just a few minutes.)

One ad led me to a guy named Rod selling a 2005 Jeep.

So a few hours later I get this reply

Hi there,
Here are the pictures with the trailer http://imgur.com/a/Ocmn2 . As I told you in my first email, I recently got divorced. I got a new job and moved to Columbus, Ohio for a new start. The trailer is already at the shipping company in Columbus sealed and ready for the shipping. My presence won't be necessary because I prearranged the deal with Google Wallet. The shipping is free because I was supposed to ship the trailer to another buyer, then he told me that he doesn't have money to pay for it. He already paid the shipping charges. The payment will be handled by Google and they will keep the money on hold until the end of the testing period and after they will have your approval that you are satisfied with the camper and you want to keep it, Google will release the money to me so we can finish the sale. You will have 5 days to try out prior to making any purchase and if by any reason you find something you don't like about it you can send it back at my expense.
If you are interested in knowing more info about how it works, I can ask Google to send you an email with more information on how to purchase it. Google Wallet will contact you shortly after they have the details with all the information that you need to complete this deal and you will also have proof that I am covered by them and a legitimate seller. If you would like to receive the email from Google will all the transaction information please reply with your full name, shipping address and phone # and they will contact you right away.
Regards
Caroline

So, I can purchase a camper sight unseen, already boxed and ready for shipment from Columbus to Tampa.  And to top it off, shipping is free both ways if I don't like it.

All I have to do is deposit money in an unknown account.

Anyone want to go in with me?

I read about an almost identicle scam on a car being sold by a "deployed soldier" (may have been on Ripoff Report). Ready to be shipped to a buyer, shipping paid for, in a far away town...The prospective buyer was a tipped off by a lot of the details that didn't seem right, odd use of language, bizarre requirements, not being able to see it locally... He kept going back at the seller, and chipped away at the scam. The scammer was from Eastern Europe, admitted that he wasn't interested in hacking him, just taking his money, knowing that there was no international law to recover the funds. He was very forthcoming in describing the scam.

I'm suspicious of everything, especially craig's or ebay. My sister was selling a wave runner a few years ago. My mother looked at the ad online, and a few hours later got an email saying, "It appears you are shopping for wave runners, here's one we have for sale" and was sent the photos of my sister's unit, but from a different seller.

I read about an almost identicle scam on a car being sold by a "deployed soldier" (may have been on Ripoff Report). Ready to be shipped to a buyer, shipping paid for, in a far away town...The prospective buyer was a tipped off by a lot of the details that didn't seem right, odd use of language, bizarre requirements, not being able to see it locally... He kept going back at the seller, and chipped away at the scam. The scammer was from Eastern Europe, admitted that he wasn't interested in hacking him, just taking his money, knowing that there was no international law to recover the funds. He was very forthcoming in describing the scam.

I'm suspicious of everything, especially craig's or ebay. My sister was selling a wave runner a few years ago. My mother looked at the ad online, and a few hours later got an email saying, "It appears you are shopping for wave runners, here's one we have for sale" and was sent the photos of my sister's unit, but from a different seller.

A few years back I was selling my Suburban, and came across someone else's ad on Craigslist with my pictures of the Burb.  I flagged it, but otherwise wasn't much I could do.  It popped up again a couple days later.  Again and again.