What is it about Disney World?

What is it about Disney World that makes us all do everything we can to get back there?  

There are plenty of great places to travel to in our beautiful Country where you don't have to fork over $15.00 for a six-pack. So what is it?  I am thinking a big part of is simply is that people can be themselves there. Away from life's daily routine, a chance to just worry about being nice to other people and being happy. 

What I see here on this site, the way people go out of their way to be nice to each other, do extraordinary things for people you hardly know, comfort someone who is going through hard times, or just talk about happy things. This is what life should be like all the time. It just amazes me.

Today I figured out it isn't just Disney I love so much, it is being around people like the ones on this web site. 

I say we all quit, sell everything and move the Fort Wilderness. 

Who's in?

:clint:

Move to the Fort -- Ahhh, if only.........

I am glad to be a part of this family that loves Disney warts and all. 

I guess we consider Disney part of our families - you strive to see the best in it, are thankful for the good times together, and accept that it is human (company at least) and makes mistakes like we all do but love it anyway.... 

I am finding it is more and more just the people on this site. Yes, Disney and the Fort brought us together, BUT lately, I don't really care where it is, as long as we Fiends can get together around a campfire!!!

I couldn't agree more Disneygirl4ever.

I love the escape from the real world at WDW, but lately I find myself planning trips when I know I can see Fiends.  Even if I sell everything, I'm pretty sure I still couldn't afford to move to a state park, much less the Fort, but if we're dreaming...

I have found for the most part, people who like to camp, in general, are nice. Whether they camp in a tent, pop up, travel trailer, 5th wheel or motor home. Being on Fort Fiends site and loving Disney just give us all that much more in common. The alcohol doesn't hurt, either. Lol

I would have to agree with this statement, think about it if you HAVE to stay at a hotel or motel how many people walk by and even say hello  NONE, just about everyone camping says Hi. Oh yeah the alcohol thing helps here a lot also :rofl2:  :rofl2:  :rofl2: