Lancaster, PA GG

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The broccoli was delicious (would have been even better with butter). The cabin was stocked better (dishes and such) than a beach house we rented 2years ago and spent a lot more money for.

I'm in! You gotta hurry though! I won't be on the computer after Thursday night much because I'll be at the Fort! I love that our northern Fiends get together often!

Just rub it in Rita, rub it in!!

I'm hoping we make this an annual tradition. It was 6 months since we had been together!

At some point in the night we found this on the floor.

DF024F93-F0A5-4B82-9E64-69218150AA7B-569

Not sure if he fell or what. I never heard a thump and we were about 5 feet away from him and I don't sleep well, so I don't miss much at night. Needless to say we out up the bedrail the second night.

Saturday morning Adam and I headed down to the welcome center to tell them about the heater. They lady at the desk was really nice and sent someone over quickly to look at it. Turns out we were out of propane. While we were in the welcome center we saw this photo.

5326A493-1384-47FA-B19F-FED553BB982E-569

Next we headed down to see Jason, Sil, Jedi and Maria. Adam was very excited as he is slightly obsessed with Jedi. We got the grand tour of Maria, and chatted for a bit. Sil and I stayed inside and Jason, Adam and Jedi headed outside. Thanks for watching my kid Jason!

E553BF3F-8ECA-4DF6-A587-627B093923E0-574

180333CF-BF39-4AA5-B60E-63B27E478537-574

Adam was a happy boy now that he got some Jedi time in.

Jason and Sil were nice enough to share their coffee with Mimi, as she is a coffee junky (let's see if she is still reading this) and we didn't have any. We headed back to the cabin so Mimi could get her caffeine fix.

One of the things Adam was looking forward to was the indoor water play area. It didn't open until noon so we had a little bit of time to kill still.

There was also an RV dealer having a show at the campground, they had a ton of units to look at and Brian was lured over by the free donuts sign :)

Indoor pool and water play area are in here. There was also space on the side you could have parties at.

1378138_10153330350330456_978220480_n.jp

Adam coming down the slide and some preggo who's belly is in the picture....

1391935_10153330350320456_681645583_n.jp

Checking out the backside of water!

1376372_10153330350585456_1769182677_n.j

Area for the bigger kids (over 48 inches)

1391551_10153330350700456_1685749284_n.j

Water slide for the bigger kids (it was pretty decent sized)

1379490_10153330350820456_450722623_n.jp

Ray, you and I are FB friends, I posted all I had there. Hopefully Jason will have better.

Better? How can he beat your FB picture of the beautiful plate of Bacon?

I almost cried when I saw that beautiful picture. Lol

And then that delicious Mickey waffle. Wow!

That is so cool that they have a indoor water park at the campground.

Adam looked like he had a great time with Jedi and the water park.

So glad you all had a great time. I was excited for Jason and Sit taking Maria out for the 1st time. I think it's great that we have GG all over not just at the Fort, because it just shows you, it's not where you camp it's who you camp with. And camping with the fiends is THE BEST

TCD, they have the "water park" it's not that big, but it was still fun for the younger kids, an indoor pool, an outdoor pool, 18 hole mini golf, a few hole chip and putt, arcade and a pretty decent playground. That's all included except you have to pay for the arcade games. We paid $190 for 2 nights and the cabin could have slept 4 adults and 4 kids. It would have been tight but that was the capacity.

I will look for my map they give out and post a pic.

The pics of where Adam is with Jedi is down by the river, that is pretty much the only spot (I think) where the sites run parallel. I don't think they have any pull throughs. Another thing about the campground is you can't pick your spot ahead of time. So you driver around and find one you like. This has got to be annoying for someone with a pup, tt or whatnot. I'm sure Rennie can put in his .02 on this.

So glad you all had a great time. I was excited for Jason and Sit taking Maria out for the 1st time. I think it's great that we have GG all over not just at the Fort, because it just shows you, it's not where you camp it's who you camp with. And camping with the fiends is THE BEST

I agree! Considering we have never camped with fiends at the fort lol!

The campground is a membership one So as a member the site is free but non member the cost was (I think) 52 @ night, more for the cabin, but most of the things to do are included. They had a 9 hole chip and putt, mini golf, indoor water park, pool and hot tub, outdoor pool (in season) and all the sports things, also the Conestoga River runs all around the campground. They also did a haunted house with a small charge.

This is a Outdoor World Park also affiliated with the Thousand Trails campgrounds.

Oh, I didn't realize it was a membership campground.  I have no experience at all with those.  It looks very nice, and those rates sound great. Of course, the membership fee probably pushes the actual cost up to a higher number.

TCD

Yes it does but we were lucky and had it handed down from the in laws so it's better for us, you can buy what they call a zone pass that's much cheaper that includes 30 nights of camping then if you go over it's only $3 @ night still a great deal. They have a nice park around the corner from Disney on ( I think) Rt 27 near Cleremont but it does fill up in the winter, we use that when we are doing the non Disney stuff.