PLEASE HELP! Seeking Info/Advice.

Hello,

Farily new to the boards, and Fort Fiends. I have a dilemma and am seeking some help or advice.

As I am sure most of you know it is EXTREMELY tough to book a site during the holidays, and Christmas season. But with some persistence, I was able to make and book 2 separate reservations for back to back nights (Dec 21- 22, and Dec 22-23) at Fort Wilderness. BUT the kicker is when booking the inital night (Dec 22-23 online I booked a "Pop-up/tent site" which is desired and the next reservation I booked for the night before is for a "Premium Site" (intended for RV's). So my question is, Does Disney have "emergency sites" reserved for occasions like this, or has anybody had this problem? If so hwas it resovled and how?

Any infor, help, or advice is welcomed. Thanks

Eric

Tampa, FL

If you were on the same level site, I would say no problem, they wouldn't make you move. However, with the two different level sites, it is probably a problem.  If the partial was the first night, it is very likely they would let you stay, and upgrade someone else.  It is still plenty of time. Keep looking for the first night in a partial, then cancel the original Premium.

Book a year in advance to secure type of site and length of stay for the holidays. You can always cancel down the road. Booking a site at Ft Wilderness this time of year and getting what you want is like booking a holiday party for 100 people in December and expecting plenty good choices and options...lol

We have had to book our 4 week stay in 2 and even 3 reservations from time to time.  Our travel agent handled it all for us.  All we had to do was go to the front desk on the check out day and they would allow us to stay in the same site and they gave us new cards, etc.  Then when the day came to checkout on that one, we did the same thing again and never had to move even once.

The suggestion to book at least a year out is almost necessary now.  And booking for longer than you are going to stay is the way to go.  You can cancel part of it later or even when you get to the fort.

Good luck and God Bless You.    We will be there from December 9 to January 5th.

When I was dealing with Disney pre travel agent, I had the same issue.  I had to raise double hockey sticks to get it fixed.  Mine was done over the phone and the CM made the mistake, not me on the computer which may cause you some pain. Get a TA, you won't regret it

Welcome, Eric!

During slow times of the year, the issue you have might not be that big a deal, and you could wait until check-in to try to resolve it.

But, during busy holiday times, the Fort does run at 100% occupancy.  I have personally witnessed people in tears at check in because they arrived without reservations thinking they could get a site. They don't have "emergency" sites that they hold.  When you can get $100+ a night for a slab of concrete and electric outlet, you had better believe that they will take all the action they can get.

The fact that your reservations are for two different site types is a problem.  They very well could make you move sites in the middle of your stay.  You need to get this fixed before you go, or be prepared to pack up and move to a new site for each of your reservations.

TCD

Thanks everyone for the warm welcomes, and the information. A special thanks to mouseketab.....Carol, I was able to book Dec18-22, and conjoin my 2 reservations, and then cancel the 18th, and the 19th!

So I am now booked and Incredibly excited to spend the holidays in the Fort.

Again, a big thanks for all the feedback and ideas! Feel free to stop by for a cocktail or some eggnog if you see my sign!