S71 does AOA and a MNSSHP...Yipeeeee

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I thought all the hotels provided towels at the pools?

Those are some crazy crowds.  They look like high summer crowds.

I thought the same thing....strange weekend

Trails End sounds good about now.

Trails end sounds good to me all the time. I think we had a bonus. The waitress told us they ran out if the usual lemon bars so someone had to run to the lodge and get magic bars which was like a choc chip bar with coconut and colored m&m's. They were good. Does that mean the lodge gets higher end items? Hmmmmm

The crowds are surprising me too. I wonder how the number of rooms at a value resort compares to the moderate and deluxe resorts.

I'm sure it was the same judging by the line on the lodge dock

When we stayed at AKL over spring break it felt like we had the place to our self.

That's why when we can we love checking into the fort on a Sunday. Usually til at least Monday night we feel like we have certain loops to ourselves. Ah....heaven

The Fort was at capacity + the weekend of the 18th. Settlement was mobbed. Loop 2000 was nuts. But the internal busses weren't too bad, and the boat to MK Sunday to get to the AKL bus at the transfer station wasn't bad, nor were the busses to and from AKL.

I agree, the settlement was mobbed. I have never seen that many people there before, yet the golf cart parking was 1/2 full. This tells me there were a lot of visitors like us

Excellent job, S71!

I wish old Lou wasn't hibernating. He would love that monorail on fire photo!

Man, you had a crowded trip to the Fort. But, I salute you for doing the boat from the MK- that is an awesome way to go.

That is classic how they made all the Fort guests take a detour so four WL guests didn't have to wait a few minutes for their own boat- and then they loaded up WL guests on the Fort's boat! Could they make it any more obvious that the Fort guests are at the bottom of the proverbial totem pole?

Uh-oh, sounds like the trip back was worse than the trip there. I can't wait to hear about that.

TCD

The bus to MK then boat to the fort was the best and most scenic route. The sunsets on bay lake were worth the trip. The worst part doing a quick visit is RV withdrawal when you get to the settlement.

Yup fort campers always seem to get the shaft even when it comes to transportation. I felt so bad for the fort campers waiting patiently for a MK boat. When we arrived at the fort dock, the line for both boats were almost to the end of the dock by the boat rental window. I bet it was at least 2 boats deep

O yes, the return trip was badddddd

Every site may have been booked, but very doubtful that 10 people were booked on every site.

Carol

You are quite true, but Travisma was staying on the 2000 loop so he may be right, from a certain point of view..lol

It sure seemed like every site had 20 people!

2000 loop, enough said

Nice! Caddyshack!

Awesome, I'm glad somebody recognizes the best comedy of all time

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QY2HL1zg6Gk

How about an honorable mention for: "No Coke....Pepsi"

SNL- John Belushi (When it was good).

John Belushi....classic

Dang. you beat me to it!

That's what I get for reading, then posting. Gotta get quicker on my feet and post, then go back and read.

You snooze you loose...lol

Time for an update. Work was hell this week so no extra time for computer time. Anyways. We left off with dinner at trails end. The meal was great as always. Everything was fresh on the bar and there was a CM continuously wiping and cleaning. This makes all the difference at a buffet Restaurant. Next was the task of getting back to AOA. Normally this would not have been an issue, but as I and others mentioned earlier, the settlement area was jammed packed. We decided to look a round the trading post before we left to see if the crowds would thin out...but they didn't. We figured we would go back the same way we came. Boat to MK then bus to AOA.....that was a fail. The lines for both MK boat and resort boat were passed the welcome to fort wilderness sign. I have never seen the lines that long ever. We figured with the boat captain antics with filling the boat with lodge people, it would take forever. Plan 2. Bus to the outpost, bus to DTD then bus to AOA. This sounded longer but I figured we would roll the dice. I am the type of person who needs to move and not sit and wait.

When we walked to the bus stop at the settlement it was not too bad. This is where I learned something new. It's probably old news for fort pros. When we got to the bus stop a bus driver said,"where are you going". When we said AOA, he said zone 3. Zone 3? What the heck is that. There were about 4 buses by the old river country stop with zone 1-4. This may be normal, but I always thought you had to go through DTD to get to resorts. Anyways. Each bus were servicing about 5-6 resorts. Sorry there are no pics but chasing 2 hyper active kids right after dinner and trying to figure out how to get back, the camera was the last thing on my mind. Sorry... As Lou would normally chime in, I believe some bus drivers are nice, some are not, some are considerate, some are not. Our was nice but not considerate. I have never seen a bus more packed than ours. The bus driver got his jollies packing the bus. He even said it. I don't know if the buses have a certain capacity but I'm sure this guy did not care. The ride was terrible, the people were rude, smelly and inconsiderate. The worst part was there was a family of 20 all with Boston Red Sox shirts chanting the whole trip, go sox, go sox. This was pushing me over the edge. Next up late night swim at AOA.

When we said AOA, he said zone 3. Zone 3? What the heck is that. There were about 4 buses by the old river country stop with zone 1-4. This may be normal, but I always thought you had to go through DTD to get to resorts.

Those buses are there after the HDDR shows let out to get people back to their Resorts.

Those buses are there after the HDDR shows let out to get people back to their Resorts.

See, new to me but not to the pros. I guess we should have done the right thing and did the DTD route

Well, after or terrible bus packed trip on one of the zone buses, we finally got back to AOA. We did get lucky and we were the first stop. The other good thing was that I was sure we made it back quicker using this bus than waiting in the long line for the boat to MK. When we got back the kids wanted to go for a night swim. Being we were in the cheap section, I mean little mermaid section, we decided to go to that pool. The walk to the pool has some huge characters guarding it.

88f121423f49f67d771f11b26b25b2c3.jpg

9830f912c5c83031d0bb476924bd527e.jpg

When we got to the pool there a was a large metal gate to get in the pool which was propped open. I guess too many people did not have their magic bands. Anyways, I was happy to see the towel return which meant finally staying at a Disney pool where they PROVIDE towels...........wrong. I asked the life guard where to get towels and he said from your room. He said you are allowed to return your room towels in the return vs. taking them back. This was stupid. I guess anyone looking for cheap towels to bring home as souvenirs this is the resort to go to. Now was the trek back to the room to get towels as the kids enjoyed the pool

680f13fa703069fbc0f72d24bf8b19f5.jpg

26a653f50d2391fa04e7c1f2a6410fee.jpg

iOS 7 now allows me panoramic shots so here is one of the whole pool

220b5c9a419c80791417ba94f35d3f05.jpg

After a nice swim it was time to hit the sack. Tomorrow was a big day and the kids still had no idea we were going to a MNSSHP

I forgot to mention, in the last picture if you look at the right you will see something I never saw at Disney before, a chair with a lounging back. These were cool. The fort will probably get them in 2019

Actually, there is a good housekeeping reason for the towel bins at the pool. I read somewhere that towels used for the pool that have chlorine, and pool water, and possibly even rain water on them are washed differently than towels that are simply used for showering.

Actually, there is a good housekeeping reason for the towel bins at the pool. I read somewhere that towels used for the pool that have chlorine, and pool water, and possibly even rain water on them are washed differently than towels that are simply used for showering.

All the more reason to offer pool only towels at every pool that don't leave the pool area

Do any of the values provide towels? The only hotel I'm familiar with is Wilderness Lodge, and they provide towels.

We've stayed at ASmusic, ASmovies, POR, POFQ, Yacht/beach club, visited AKL, Broadwalk. And everyone provided towels down by the pool.

I don't know if they've changed the policy for values or if this is just a AoA thing.

You are not making the value resorts look like something I want to try.  LOL.

I was thinking the same thing.

The All Star value resorts are great! Our favorite is the ASMusic. We've never stayed at AoA or Pop

Great theming for the little ones.

Poolside bar

A great pool (no waterslide).

Poolside bar

They have lots of activities poolside and me and DD love watching the nightly movies while sitting in the pool.

Poolside bar

good choices in the food court. Most items are the same as the items in the moderate and deluxe resorts. Pancakes are pancakes. Mickey waffles are Mickey waffles.

Buses are great. I don't know why but we have never waited for more than 10 minutes for a bus. Either leaving the resort or returning from a park. Maybe Lou or TJ can jump in here and correct me if I'm wrong. I think it's because there are three resorts in a row and they send more buses to the AS's

Drawbacks, they have two double beds instead of queens. Moderates have doubles also.

No TS restaraunt.

No water slide for the kids

And for your family DIT they do have a few adjoining rooms(If my memory is working correctly). And some family suites.

Give them a try, you might enjoy your stay.

And now back to your regularly scheduled program.

The Values have never had pool towels. We've been going to the Values since 1997. They have only recently started putting the "return" bins out there

Our first stay was in 1999 at AS music

I beg to differ with you but I'm pretty sure that every time we've stayed at an AS they've had poolside towels. I will be editing some family photos in a little while for a Christmas project and ill look if any of my pictures show the towel bin. I just checked Disneys website and found this picture of the ASMusic pool showing the towel return and the towel pick up.

image_zpsc9f8c6c8.jpg

The All Star value resorts are great! Our favorite is the ASMusic. We've never stayed at AoA or Pop

Great theming for the little ones.

Poolside bar

A great pool (no waterslide).

Poolside bar

They have lots of activities poolside and me and DD love watching the nightly movies while sitting in the pool.

Poolside bar

good choices in the food court. Most items are the same as the items in the moderate and deluxe resorts. Pancakes are pancakes. Mickey waffles are Mickey waffles.

Buses are great. I don't know why but we have never waited for more than 10 minutes for a bus. Either leaving the resort or returning from a park. Maybe Lou or TJ can jump in here and correct me if I'm wrong. I think it's because there are three resorts in a row and they send more buses to the AS's

Drawbacks, they have two double beds instead of queens. Moderates have doubles also.

No TS restaraunt.

No water slide for the kids

And for your family DIT they do have a few adjoining rooms(If my memory is working correctly). And some family suites.

Give them a try, you might enjoy your stay.

And now back to your regularly scheduled program.

I love how you emphasized the poolside bars.

Honestly if you are used to staying in your quiet camper I think values would make you miserable.

We always stay value (sometimes do split stays) and the doors slam and you can hear the toilet flushing and shower running of the people above you. But we cheap out on the room to either do extras or do a split stay at a more expensive place. I've never had it wake me at night with the noise but it can be annoying while trying to fall asleep.

I like the food courts and the pools. Since Adam is on the younger side a slide isn't a necessity for us yet.

The only time we have had huge bus waits have been after the parties. We have waited around 45 mins but they were double and triple loading buses and doing the best they could.