DaveInTN’s March 2010 Trip Report – The Quest for Ms. White

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, can't keep those reports straight.

I hope everyone realizes how many FF.net sayings/traditions are attributable to DIT.

Speaking of which, I need to share this with you before I forget:  When I was at the Food and Wine Festival last weekend, there was a group of ladies walking around in t-shirts with a graphic modeled after those old "Baby on Board" signs.  But theirs said "Food Baby on Board."  It reminded my of INC's Meat Baby.

TCD

Meat baby....LOL! 

I'm in! Thanks for slowing down! Love the fishing shots. We need a list of DIT phrases. I know there are a lot carry on now.

1. 'Ohana!

2. SMB

That's two.  I know there's more.

TCD

I don't know what's more disturbing....that my mind comes up with this crap, or that all of you repeat it. 

And all the cinnamon roll references in the reports is not going unnoticed. 

I know.  Even I can't believe how many cinnamon rolls I've eaten.  Again, so, so sad. 

The Contents of Your Stomach Are Closer Than They Appear

This will be a short installment…as I have NO pics to share of our Monday. One of my DD’s had left our small camera on EE when we visited AK on Sunday. We have another larger camera, but we didn’t think to pack it before heading off on Monday. So, while we had a great day on Monday, I have no pics to share.  :banghead:   And I hate to bore everyone with a bunch of writing and no accompanying pics. So I’ll try to be short before getting on with the interesting stuff again.

Monday was another beautiful sunny day at the Fort. Today was the first of a handful of dining ADR’s that I had booked back in October; lunch at the 50’s Prime Time Café. :banana: I was excited about this one, as I love that place! And, I was excited to be heading to HS, mostly because I love Toy Story Mania and also because I planned on hitting the one major ride at Disney that had eluded me until now…the Tower of Terror!  :bugeyes: 

We had another light breakfast at the campsite before hitting the busses for our trip to HS. DW, DD9 and DD4 went to get TSM fastpasses. DD14, DD12 and I tried to do the stand by line for ToT, but it was too long and we had an 11:309 ADR at 50’s PTC. So we moved to the standby line for RRC, and that was too long as well. So, we decided to just meet up with the rest of the gang for our lunch.

50’s PTC was as good as always. We shared a couple of PB&J milkshakes. Those are AWESOME!  :jumpforjoy  If you’ve never tried one, do yourself a favor sometime and get one. DW and I split a fish sandwich, and the girls all got their faves. We had a good waitress who was originally from the Buffalo area, so we lots to discuss. And of course I got yelled at for having my elbows on the table.

After lunch, despite warnings from the waitress after eating that you should have “no tower for an hour”, my 2 older DD’s and I went to check out the line for ToT. It was pretty short at this point, so we got in it. Within 30 minutes we were inside and heading to the elevator. We were pretty nervous, not only cause we’d never done it but also because we were pretty stuffed still from lunch. But, before long we were boarding the freight elevators and getting strapped in.   :panic:  

I swear, this was a pretty exhilarating ride for me! I loved it…although I came a bit TOO close on the first big drop to losing that PB&J milkshake! The only thing that kept it in was the fear of where it would go. I couldn’t live with that. I should have listened to the waitress…no tower for an hour. But, I managed to keep everything in place, and after it was over I was feeling pretty pumped. Awesome ride!  
:rollercoaster: 

Afterward, we had some time to kill before our TSM fastpasses, so we all met up and sat through the Indiana Jones show. I had seen it years earlier, but the rest of the gang had never been to it. It was pretty cool, and the girls really got a kick out of the fake Russian dude getting beat up. Afterward we still had time to kill, so we went on the Great Movie Ride.  :faceplant2: Yeah, I’m not sure I’d define it as “great”, but it was a place to sit for 20 minutes while we waited for TSM time.

TSM was awesome as always. Plus, I had the top score for the 6 of us!   :jumpforjoy  DD12 was a close second I think.

We then headed back to the Fort for dinner. I had the pleasure of meeting another Fiend at this time…Leslie (aka lklasign)! She’s an awesome person…so nice!   

Dinner was some Buffalo Chicken sandwiches I made, and then we hung out for the evening waiting for our big day at the MK, including….Who Knew She Was Such A Sweetheart? And, I promise more PICS!  PLUS, the answer to all of your questions is coming up soon....would I meet the elusive Ms. White??? Stay tuned!

Magic Kingdom With Nana and Grampa

Our Tuesday was planned at the Magic Kingdom for several reasons, one of which is that my parents were driving down from the Villages (Florida’s friendliest hometown  :rofl3: ) to join us. The other was that we had an early ADR at Cindy's for breakfast.  That will come up in the next update....but first, let's jump ahead to our visit with the grandparents. 

We met up with them in Frontierland while DW and DD4 were riding the magic carpets.

PICT0210.JPG

We then headed to the HM and did Small World.

PICT0211.JPG

PICT0212.JPG

DD4 wanted to drive the racecars, so off to the Tomorrowland Speedway we went.

PICT0201.JPG

PICT0199.JPG

PICT0203.JPG

PICT0204.JPG

We also rode the Barnstormer 4 times in a row. Love it when there's no line for that ride.  :jumpforjoy 
PICT0209.JPG

PICT0208.JPG

PICT0207.JPG

Now this might be hard to believe, but in all the years I’ve been visiting Disney I had never eaten at Columbia Harbor House. So, we went in and found a fairly quiet table upstairs for all 8 of us. I had some sandwich with hummus and tomatoes…not too bad! And the chowder.

After lunch we did Philharmagic and then took turns using Space Mountain fastpasses while someone stayed back with DD4. After that it was about time to say goodbye to my parents, and we headed back to the RV for some rest and dinner.

Coming up…the truth is revealed about Ms. White!

Who Knew She Was Such A Sweetheart? 

Ok, by now most of you know how my last trip turned out. I had a good time, other than the bitter taste of disappointment left in my mouth by that elusive little ice queen, Snow White.   :argh:  And you know how determined I was not to let that happen again. 

Many of you had offered advice on when and where to see her. MK near the train station, EPCOT near Germany. Yeah, that worked so well for me the last time. So I wasn’t taking any chances on this trip. I booked Cindy’s breakfast in the castle! Surely, I had to run into that apple munching whack job there, and she was contractually obligated to visit my table! Or was she?   :grumpy2:

So, Tuesday morning, yet another beautiful day at the Fort, we hit the boats early for our 8:30 ADR at Cindy’s. Now normally at that time of day, only the Contemporary boat is running, so we planned on taking that and then walking to the MK from there. But, as luck would have it, the MK boat was doing early morning training runs and they let us board! So, we had a direct ride and got to the MK a bit earlier than planned. Which left us time for some pictures in front of the castle.  

PICT0184.JPG

PICT0185.JPG

PICT0188.JPG

PICT0189.JPG

We then strolled through the castle to the check in desk, and were immediately taken inside for our photos with Cindy. Then, it was upstairs, where I would either be confronted with further humiliation and disappointment, or I would enjoy the sweet fruits of victory. Ok, maybe I’m being a bit too dramatic.   :rofl3:

We got a great table with a nice view of the whole room, and were served our coffee, juice, fruit bowl and bread basket. All of it was quite good. Now, when we have done this breakfast in the past, the breakfast was all served family style, and you could serve yourself from the platters . But at some point they have changed that, and they give you some options and you pick from those and receive a plate of food. At first I was a bit disappointed in that, until I realized it is still all you can eat, and you can still ask for more of anything that is available. So, I still got the stuffed French toast, bacon, sausage, scrambled eggs…you name it and I had it! And it was good. LOVE me that stuffed French Toast!!   :drool1:

Well, the first princess that came around was Sleeping Beauty. 

PICT0194.JPG

Next, we were visited by Jasmine.

PICT0195.JPG

We were also visited by Belle. I asked her why she wasn’t wearing her yellow ball gown, and she said she didn’t want to upstage Cindy in her own castle. Classic!

PICT0197.JPG

Isn't Stella cute?

PICT0198.JPG

I scanned the room, and lo and behold, the snotty little bird whisperer was in the room! She was only a few tables from us, but was sure taking her sweet time getting to us. Finally, she approached our table! But all the bitter feelings I was holding on to were preventing me from wanting a picture with her. But, we got a pic with the girls anyways. 

PICT0192.JPG

And then she looked at me with my wife and 4 daughters and said “You must be quite a man to take care of all these princesses. It takes 7 men to take care of me, and THEY own a diamond mine!”. 

I melted.  

And asked her for a picture. 

She said to my wife “is it ok if I take his arm?” 

Isn’t that sweet???

PICT0193.JPG

And there you have it. I got my pic with Snow White, the fairest of them all. My favorite Princess. And it only cost me $238.92 to get it. Worth every penny.

Think I need to change my avatar?? 

Next Up…Our Day At EPCOT

Great TR. and great pix of the girls. They are so cute.

I'm with you on the Indiana show. It's a good show but not great. DD won't step one foot into it. When she was about 3 or 4 yrs old I was asked to be in the show and it scared her. She didn't want her daddy to get hurt.

Columbia house is one of our usual lunch stops. Pretty good chowder.

4 time on the barn stormer! I'm surprised you don't have whiplash.

Is it me or is INC in a lot more pix in these older TRs?

What a great breakfast. Scoring on the direct route to the MK, great pix in front of the castle with only a few people around, and then meeting Snow. She definitely has it bad for you. Stud!

So at least once she was nice to you. What happened. What did you do to change her opinion and run from you and yours. Inquiring minds want to know.

The relationship has had more twists and turns than Big Thunder Mountain.  

Great TR. and great pix of the girls. They are so cute.

I'm with you on the Indiana show. It's a good show but not great. DD won't step one foot into it. When she was about 3 or 4 yrs old I was asked to be in the show and it scared her. She didn't want her daddy to get hurt.

Columbia house is one of our usual lunch stops. Pretty good chowder.

4 time on the barn stormer! I'm surprised you don't have whiplash.

Is it me or is INC in a lot more pix in these older TRs?

What a great breakfast. Scoring on the direct route to the MK, great pix in front of the castle with only a few people around, and then meeting Snow. She definitely has it bad for you. Stud!

I'm not sure about the INC pics....I guess it depends on who holds the camera.  LOL.  

Never considered that Snow has it bad for me.  I'll go with that theory though.   :rofl3:

EPCOT, Or…The Day I Stuffed Myself

After meeting the lovely Ms. White…actually, we are now on a first name basis so I’ll refer to her as Snow, I could have packed up the motorhome and gone home. I mean, what else was there to do at the World other than that?? Oh wait, we had LOTS still to do! 

On Wednesday, we once again had a relaxing morning having coffee under the awning and taking a nice walk around the Fort. We had a lunch ADR at Kona Café so we didn’t plan anything before that. When late morning arrived, we hit the boat to the Contemporary where we picked up the monorail to the Poly. 

We were seated promptly and given our menus. We had a nice big booth to spread out at. 

PICT0224.JPG

Having never eaten at Kona before, there were several things I was interested in trying. Of course, I couldn’t try it all so it was pretty difficult to decide. We started with an order of the sticky wings for all to share. Holy cow! These were awesome! I could have made a meal out of these wings. 

For my lunch, I finally settled on the Polynesian Plate Lunch with Pan-fried chicken with coconut and mango sauces. 

PICT0225.JPG

I was NOT disappointed! I practically licked my plate clean. 

DW ordered one of my second choices, the Stir Fried Asian Noodles. She was pretty happy with the choice, although not as overjoyed as I was with mine. I tried hers, and it was good, but not plate licking good. 

PICT0226.JPG

I had wanted to try some deserts which they are known for, but after lunch we were pretty full and I had something else in mind for later….so, we settled up and walked from the Poly to the TTC to catch the monorail to EPCOT. 

PICT0227.JPG

PICT0228.JPG

PICT0229.JPG

PICT0233.JPG

Arriving in the afternoon, we didn’t plan on riding anything in Future World as the fastpasses were pretty much gone for Soarin, Test Track and Mars. And that’s ok, as I really just wanted to walk around the WS eating and drinking my way through the countries. We started at Mexico and rode the boat.

PICT0237.JPG

Then, we walked to Norway and grabbed FP’s for the Maelstrom. The standby wait was 50 minutes for this ride! I don’t think I’d seen it that long since the 80’s. And the FP’s were for 50 minutes away, so rather than wait in line that long, we got some pastries from the Kringla Bakeri and sat by the Viking statue. 

PICT0239.JPG

This was the first time I ever had the school bread. Wow! What took me so long to try THAT??? And DW and I washed it down with a Viking Coffee. Nice!

After riding the Maelstrom, we walked to Germany and I got a beer and a couple pretzels. We sat by the lagoon and enjoyed those, and then headed to France where that Aristocat was signing autographs. I got in line with DD9 and DD4, and sure enough, just as it was our turn, the handler announced that the cat was taking a quick break. Sensing another Snow moment, I asked how long, and she indicated it would be a quick 5 minutes. 

Obviously it was time to hit the litterbox and grab a quick smoke. So we waited, and sure enough it was only 5 minutes and the cat came back. 

PICT0245.JPG

PICT0246.JPG

PICT0247.JPG

I must have been in a stupid French mood.

PICT0243.JPG

After France, that sweet tooth from Kona was calling my name again…so we left the WS to walk over to the Beach Club. You KNOW what was on my mind! 

The kitchen sink!

PICT0251.JPG

PICT0252.JPG

PICT0253.JPG

PICT0248.JPG

PICT0249.JPG

Ah, yes. The kitchen sink…one of my faves. And with the Tables in Wonderland discount, I defy anyone to show me a place in Disney World where 6 people can stuff themselves with ice cream for $20! It’s really not a bad deal at all. PLUS, I found out you can make special requests when ordering it. See, I feel it is just wrong to put fruit on ice cream. WRONG I tell ya! So, we asked them to leave off the fruit toppings...and we got extra brownie and hot fudge! Oh yeah...

Of course, by now you could have rolled me back to the WS like that kid in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I was stuffed…BUT, I was not finished either! There was one more treat I needed to have before calling it a day. So off to England we went. 

I hit the fish stand there for another beer and a couple orders of fish and chips for the family to share. And we went back by the gazebo to sit peacefully and enjoy it. Yummo!

By then it was well into the evening, so we strolled back into Future World to get a good spot for Illuminations. We found a nice place to sit near the fence pretty much centralized between the giant golf ball and the American pavilion. It was a great viewing spot, and as always we were awed by the show. Certainly a different kind of “awed” compared to Wishes, which is much more emotional. Illuminations awes in a “shock and awe” kind of way. And I love it!

And that was it for Wednesday. I had meant to wrap up this trip report by now, but I am being a bit long winded and still have some more pics to share, so I’ll have to post again. 

Coming up…

Crystal Palace, and It Kind of Defeats the Purpose

Great update, especially the kitchen sink pics, oh and the one of you being nerdy in France. Classic.

Thanks for reading, Kelly!  

Ok, no picture of the empty bowl, WIMPS!!!!!

I take pictures of food....not empty bowls.  But I can assure you, it was finished.  My girls do not leave ice cream behind.  

How did you guys eat the kitchen sink and then have fish n chips?

That's impressive.

Honestly, I have no idea.  I think I could eat more in 2010 than I can now!