Ants in the Cheerios - Final Update 12/21

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thank you x 2.   The PGA has chaplains, too.  But I don't think he would want to be on the road so much and away from his family right now since his children are so young.  We'll see.

Okay, that's it!  Man, I'm gonna get myself one of those Hollywood entourages - you know, with people who publicize and Photoshop all of those celebrity pictures - and, Gwen, you're my head of Photoshopping!  If you can make me look that good after a day of dragging around at Hollywood Studios, then you're my girl!  With your talent and my mugface, we're going places!  Look out, Kim Kardashian!  :rofl2:

Celebration tomorrow?  All Right!  Bring on those pictures!

Okay, that's it!  Man, I'm gonna get myself one of those Hollywood entourages - you know, with people who publicize and Photoshop all of those celebrity pictures - and, Gwen, you're my head of Photoshopping!  If you can make me look that good after a day of dragging around at Hollywood Studios, then you're my girl!  With your talent and my mugface, we're going places!  Look out, Kim Kardashian!  

I'm your girl!

Just home from Raleigh and jumping for joy!

Matthew received his Master's degree from Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary today!

01forweb.jpg

The program normally takes 3-4 years.  It took Matthew 4.5 years.  He was working fulltime and also had to drop out a couple of semesters when Miracle was so sick.

We are so proud of him!

He wants to enter a doctoral program but says he's gonna wait awhile.  That's fine with us because that means they would move away again.  Probably to Kentucky.

The ceremony was wonderful.  The music for the Processional was "Oh Come, All Ye Faithful."  The Recessional was the "Hallelujah Chorus."  Many of the graduates were identified by first name only because they are currently working in or committed to dangerous mission fields.  The music was great, the Charge to the Graduates was very moving, the chapel was beautifully decorated for Christmas, all-in-all just a great ceremony.

Lou, we're not sure.  He's currently working for a state university and we think he will remain there for awhile.  Until he's ready to start a doctoral program.

In the meantime he's happy to keep his status quo and start a few more house projects.  My father was a carpenter, and so was his father before him.  I grew up hanging sheet rock, installing tongue-and-groove flooring, and everything else in between.  Matthew has picked up the family tradition and has become a jack of all trades.  There's nothing he can't do.

Congratulations!  I'm so proud for your family!  Is he not looking to fill a pulpit somewhere, even if it's just Sunday by Sunday?  Or did he perhaps go the counseling route - like a family counselor?  Whatever his intentions, I'm sure he will keep his heart open to the will of the Lord.  Of course, being a carpenter is pretty Biblical in itself.  Again, I'm really happy for y'all!

Congratulations!  I'm so proud for your family!  Is he not looking to fill a pulpit somewhere, even if it's just Sunday by Sunday?  Or did he perhaps go the counseling route - like a family counselor?  Whatever his intentions, I'm sure he will keep his heart open to the will of the Lord.  Of course, being a carpenter is pretty Biblical in itself.  Again, I'm really happy for y'all!

Jean Ann, I don't think he wants or feels led to fill a pulpit.  More of an administrative or counseling role.  But we will see.

He felt led to become a PGA Pro.  Then he was led to Seminary.  Somewhere this will all tie in together.  All in God's time.

I know you must be very proud, Gwen! :)

Congrats!!! Happy for all of you!!! As a lifetime student, I know how challenging it is to balance it all.

Thank you!

Friday, November 15 - a Catch-up Day (No, Not Catsup or Ketchup) - Part 1

Our day started with going to the Outpost and checking in again.  (Our reservation was split into two.)

Something I've never seen in all of WDW.  A man drying fresh paint with some sort of heat gun.

01dryingpaint.jpg

Then we again had breakfast at Trail's End.  Josephine's contagious smile is a great way to start the day!

02Josephine.jpg

My food looked like any other time, so I'll skip the pics except for this next one.  David had been raving about the pecan-praline sauce, so I had a tiny taste.  Wow!  So good!

03pecanpralinesauce.jpg

Today we wanted to do some things we had missed earlier in the trip.  I wanted to see AKL (a first), so we caught a boat to the Contemporary resort, the monorail to MK, and then a bus to AKL.

04leavingdock.jpg

A short Gwen rant about what people wear in the parks.  This lady was on the bus from MK to AKL:

05crazyshoes.jpg

You walked around MK in those things?  What were you thinking?

End of rant.

We arrived at AKL.

06AKL01.jpg

07AKL02.jpg

08AKL03.jpg

09AKL04.jpg

10akl05.jpg

11akl06.jpg

12akl07.jpg

13akl08.jpg

14akl09.jpg

I can’t imagine staying here!  It’s too dark.  It’s too far away from everything.  There’s nothing appealing to us about this resort.  I know some of you like it, and that's great.  Please don't be offended by my comment.  AKL just isn't for us.

Then David wanted to take a long monorail ride.  So we took a bus back to MK.  There we got onto the resort monorail to the TTC.  We rode to EPCOT and back, rode again the resort monorail, and got off at the Grand Floridian.  (David also wanted to resort hop a little more.)  Camera started acting weird again ... kept hitting reset.

The tree was up in EPCOT:

15EPCOTtree.jpg

Meeting another monorail:

16meetinganothermonorail.jpg

17gf01.jpg

The gingerbread house:

18gf02.jpg

The details are amazing:

19gf03.jpg

20gf04.jpg

Our mystery lady was there:

21gf05spookylady.jpg

Then we hopped over to the Contemporary:

22cont01gingerbreadtree.jpg

23cont02fantasiaears.jpg

View from the fourth floor:

24cont03whataneyesore.jpg

25cont04lobby.jpg

26cont05wave.jpg

27cont06davidinears.jpg

When the kids were little we visited WDW often with my parents.  We always stayed in a Garden Wing suite.

29cont07whereweusedtostay.jpg

It was huge -- the entire end of the building.  It had two bathrooms, a full kitchen, dining room table, numerous TVs, a separate bedroom with a king-size bed, and two queen sleeper sofas in the living room.  I remember the last time we stayed there in the mid '80s it cost $145.77 including tax per night.  That was a little less than two regular rooms and so much larger.  Price that suite now!

We took a boat back to the fort.

30boatbacktothefort.jpg

Friday, November 15 - a Catch-up Day (No, Not Catsup or Ketchup) - Part 2

The boat driver told us that these are South African birds who migrated to Florida and never went back.  He said they are a real nuisance.

31southafricanbirds.jpg

I forgot to report earlier that the dock received some new flooring while we there.

32newdeckflooring.jpg

After an early dinner (the rest of Stef’s buffalo chicken), we went to the MK ice cream parlor.

33docklights.jpg

34waterreflection.jpg

35mkentrance.jpg

36nutcracker.jpg

37mainstreet.jpg

David asked me to take a photo of this metal sculpture in the window.  He went back the next day and bought it.  I have no idea what we will do with it.

38davidwantedmetotake.jpg

39castle1.jpg

40castle2.jpg

41MainStreet.jpg

42cinema.jpg

43cityhall.jpg

44wideangle.jpg

This next photo is one of my favorites from the entire trip.  Wish you could see the original version instead of the "dumbed down for PB" one.  Can you see the snow?

45seethesnow.jpg

It was 7:00 on an MVMCP night, so we had to leave.  But we would be back the next day!

He felt led to become a PGA Pro. Then he was led to Seminary. Somewhere this will all tie in together. All in God's time.

I have always believed God has a sense of humor- I mean - look at the platypus.....

Congrats to your hardworking son. I know God has a special plan for him and his family. All those skills will mesh together for. Particular purpose!

I have always believed God has a sense of humor- I mean - look at the platypus.....

Congrats to your hardworking son. I know God has a special plan for him and his family. All those skills will mesh together for. Particular purpose!

I believe that too!  Maybe one day he will be a chaplain with the PGA or something else I can't envision yet.  

Congratulations to your son!  

Thank you!

AKL isn't for us, either.  But that's the nice thing about Disney....there is practically something for everyone.  

You're so right!

That is a nice pic of the castle with the snow.  

Glad you could see the snow!

Caught up.

To much to comment on.

You are an awesome photographer.

Congrats to your son. Most professional sports teams have chaplains. Don't know if that's God's plan for him just thought I'd put it put there.

Ok what's up with that mystery lady. She freaks me out. I mean she is really scary looking.

Ok what's up with that mystery lady. She freaks me out. I mean she is really scary looking.

That's Lynn, also called Miss Lynn, aka the Teddy Bear Lady.

She and her husband, now deceased, loved and visited the Grand Floridian often. It was a special place for them. They would both visit  and give out teddy bears to the kids. Her husband passed away 6 years ago, and she now finds solace in visiting by herself.

That's Lynn, also called Miss Lynn, aka the Teddy Bear Lady.

She and her husband, now deceased, loved and visited the Grand Floridian often. It was a special place for them. They would both visit and give out teddy bears to the kids. Her husband passed away 6 years ago, and she now finds solace in visiting by herself.

Oh dang, now I feel bad. What a great story.

Wait a minute. Lou are you pulling my leg or is that a true story?