i saw a comment in another thread that said rangers had stopped someone who had a very small dog on a golf cart.  Is this prohibited?

Niko's favorite thing it the world is to ride on his golf cart.

OK, I feel better.  I found this in the golf cart information:

UPDATE: As of 1/08 leashed pets are now allowed on golf carts except in the following areas:
Marina
Settlement area
Pools
Comfort Stations
...and other areas posted "no pets"

I can live with those restrictions. 

He loves his golf cart rides!

NikoGolfCart.jpg

A ranger hollered at us two nights ago as we were leaving the fireworks.  My husband was carrying my Son and I think the ranger thought our son was a small dog. We ignored him and kept going. So I assume dogs are not allowed by the restaurant, and Settlement area.  :clint:

I'm pretty sure dogs are not allowed to drive golf carts. But then, neither are 12 year old kids and I have seen that happen.

For the sake of the dog, make sure their leash is not loose. It will yank them off the cart and may injure them. We got lucky, but I doubt the dogs will ever ride again unless inside a carrier.

Really great advice, thanks! Niko generally rides around our property in the NC mountains, so no leash there. I will pay attention in December when we are at the fort.

We take Kassie every day into the Settlement area.  No one has ever stopped us.  But she is little and much more inconspicuous than Niko.

There are signs posted at the entrance to the path you take to get to the Settlement which say "No Pets Beyond This Point."

Bad Gwen.

There are no signs which prohibit pets from riding around on a golf cart in the non-pet loops, or anywhere else that golf carts are allowed to go.  Just at the Settlement.

TCD