The Holiday Services team is currently scheduled to begin installing holiday decor at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground at approximately 10pm, Sunday, November 17, 2013.

Wilderness Lodge decorations should begin going up at about 10pm, Monday, November 18th.

Can anyone confirm that the Christmas decorations went up at the Fort yesterday evening?

If so, that is a lot earlier than some years.

TCD

We were trying to go to sleep last night and kept hearing noises like a loud diesel truck near by (we are in 114).  My husband started thinking it was someone struggling to back into a site or our AC unit malfunctioning or something.  So at 2am he decided to go outside and see what was going on.  He said they were putting up Christmas decorations at the Settlement.  They had a couple cranes out there and the big tree was up and lit.  They were putting up garland on he store when he was looking.  

We haven't wandered out of the RV yet, but I'll snap some pics when I do.  

We were trying to go to sleep last night and kept hearing noises like a loud diesel truck near by (we are in 114).  My husband started thinking it was someone struggling to back into a site or our AC unit malfunctioning or something.  So at 2am he decided to go outside and see what was going on.  He said they were putting up Christmas decorations at the Settlement.  They had a couple cranes out there and the big tree was up and lit.  They were putting up garland on he store when he was looking.  

Awesome!

I got to watch them put up the big Christmas tree one year (Mo and Brian were there too).

I can't wait to see the decorations in person.

Please post photos if you can.

TCD

Very cool - thanks for the update!!

And yes, thanks to TCD giving us a heads up, we sat in our GC and watched them put the tree up late one night a few years ago.  The tree comes in in sections that they stack one upon the next.

I'm still amazed at how quickly it all goes up - literally overnight!

And 114 is a great spot, luv having the private pathway to the Settlement, Dock, and Beach.

I forgot to give props to the Queen of Content for accurately providing this scoop!

Good job, Mo.

And good job to your source, too!

TCD

Thanks!  ...but all the props go to my supersecret source.  I am just the messenger who hopefully posts things in a timely manner (most of the time).   :)