We Ate Some Stuff

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seriously.  Imagine beef stroganov, chicken and cream crepes and a chilled vodka drink of some sort.  Yum.  

Also as the Official Bartender of the NFO I must insist all libations must go through rigorous quality control testing. All samples must be a minimum of 16 oz and in a sealed unbreakable container. I

cinnamon rolls from disneyfood blog -  

One of the very few ADRs we had this trip was for Cape May Cafe.  We'd never been but had heard good things so we gave it a shot.  For those that don't know, this is a seafood buffet over at the Beach Club.  In addition to the usual salads and sides - of which they actually had a really nice assortment - the night we were there they had a salmon dish, fried calamari, steamed clams, chowder, fish nuggets, a yummy paella and snow crab legs.  I didn't go hog wild with the photos here, but did take this one...

Gotta say that the crab legs here were a little disappointing.  Normally when you eat snow crab you can pretty much snap them open and pull out long chunks of meat.  With these you had to slice the shells completely open lengthwise and use your fork to scrape the meat out, which left you with a little pile of shredded crabmeat.  Getting the normally-delicious knuckle meat out was pretty much impossible without picking through shell fragments.  The cluster you see above on my plate was the only one I took and I gave up less than halfway through.

That said, the calamari was dynamite!  Definitely my favorite thing, although the paella was very tasty too if a bit over-salted. Actually I realized during this trip that almost all Disney food was heavy on the salt, and I'm someone that likes salt and uses quite a bit myself.

We ate at Cape May the week after you.  I so agree about the crab legs.  Last year they were so much better.  And the calamari was the best I've ever tasted!

No offense, but the title to this TR ought to be "We Ate Some Weird Stuff."

Arugula?

Béarnaise Aioli?

Balsamic Drizzle?

Orecchiette Pasta? 

Why is everything at WDW so fancy now?  Gone are the days where you could just get a good old cheeseburger or hot dog.  Now everything has weeds and weird sauces and cheeses on it. Goat Cheese?  Hello?  This is America.  Ever heard of American Cheese?  And arugula?  What's that?  I have weeds growing in my lawn that look like that.  Where's the lettuce at? And what the Fort is Orecchiette Pasta?  Is that some kind of noodle?

You know calamari is squid, right?

TCD

You are lucky if it is squid.  I hear that in some places when squid can't be found they use pig bung holes.

The calimari was great and the crab legs sucked - nothing wrong with chitlins, either. The Cod Nuggets in the Kids section at Cape May are also VERY good. 

You are lucky if it is squid. I hear that in some places when squid can't be found they use pig bung holes.

Heard the same story months ago. There's no proof that restaurants are substituting pig bung holes(chitlins) for calamari. When FDA inspectors were asked about he story, that ran on NPR and the Huffington Post, they said there's never been any known case of any restaurant substituting chitlins for calamari. And the FDA said it would be illegal.

But I've had fried chitlins and if done right they do kind of taste like and have the consistence of calamari.

No offense, but the title to this TR ought to be "We Ate Some Weird Stuff."

Arugula?

Béarnaise Aioli?

Balsamic Drizzle?

Orecchiette Pasta? 

Why is everything at WDW so fancy now?  Gone are the days where you could just get a good old cheeseburger or hot dog.  Now everything has weeds and weird sauces and cheeses on it. Goat Cheese?  Hello?  This is America.  Ever heard of American Cheese?  And arugula?  What's that?  I have weeds growing in my lawn that look like that.  Where's the lettuce at? And what the Fort is Orecchiette Pasta?  Is that some kind of noodle?

You know calamari is squid, right?

TCD

You think F&W has fancy-shmancy names for their food? You ought to try Victoria & Albert's... I have no idea what a Poulet Rouge, Gateau, or an amuse-bouche are but they sure were tasty. Cleaned my plate so good there wasn't anything to put in a doggie-bag!

When you think about it....is a pig's butt any more gross than a squid?  I mean, I know a pig poops with its butt, but I have no idea what a squid does with its...whatever it is you eat. 

How do you feel about ham? You do know it's either the left cheek or the right cheek of a hog's A**, don't you.