Not going to DisneyWorld and lucky too.

So ….. in Sept 2011 (!) I discovered that there was a campground in Disneyworld.  We made reservations for Oct 2012 for two weeks.  So excited and I planned down to the nth degree.  I am from CA and Disneyland was such a part of my childhood.   We transferred to GA in 2008.   In August 2012, my husband ended up having a triple bypass and sepsis.  Since he is a kidney transplant patient (my kidney, thank you very much) the sepsis really threw us for a loop.  We cancelled the trip and moved it out to March 2013.  He still wasn’t feeling up to par so moved that one to December 2013.  Again, planned everything to the nth deg.   I go for a physical last month and they find a pre-cancerous flat polyp that can only be removed via a full right colectomy.  I am just 3 days out of the hospital and yes, have had to delay our Dec 2013 trip.  (A bad day - In addition to giving up my morphine pump! – They wouldn’t let me bring that thing home! J)   I have rescheduled the trip out to Dec 2014.   Doctors tell me that I am very, very lucky to have caught this so early.   I asked if I could delay the surgery until after my Disney trip and they said no, by then we would be talking chemo.   So odd as it sounds, I am using the words ‘lucky’ and ‘cancel my Disney trip’ in the same paragraph.   Surgeon thought I was being funny when I was stamping my feet about not being able to go to Disney but I was NOT!   J

So – I have cancelled ALL of my dining reservations.   I have rescheduled my camping reservations.   I have two Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party tickets that are not refundable and are only good for the day they are issued.   They are for Tuesday, December 10th and have to each be used with a passholder id as they were purchased with a pass.    I tried to float a pity party story to the folks at Disney to see if I could get a refund but they just keep transferring me and the last was with a message of ½ hour wait.   I was even asking if there is a charity that they can be donated to so I could get a tax credit (they do that at Carnegie Hall for last minute cancellations – makes you feel better about forfeiting the money).     But enough is enough, I need a nap and I am done with trying to get through to Disney.  

So if anyone is going to be at DisneyWorld on Dec 10th and have passes, I would be perfectly happy to forward to you my tickets at no charge.   I would rather someone get use of them.  I don’t know what the process is for contacting users directly – but my email address is [email protected]    Send me an email only if you can really and honestly use them and I will reply with the pdf that contains the tickets.  

It was our goal for 2013 to stay healthy all year – almost made it.  Will have to make the same resolution for next year and I look forward to having a wonderful visit in 2014.

Thank you all for your well wishes.  Will certainly let you know of our awesome trip come next Dec!   Forwarded the tickets on to Judy and am happy to know they are not going to waste!   Happy Holidays to all!  You have helped to brighten my recovery. 

That is fantastic news!

That was an awesome thing you did.

I am a firm believer that what goes around comes around, so I am sure you will be blessed with a great trip next year.

TCD