So I was reading on another forum, I know, how dare I. I came across the following post and later In the post she was able to book their single night. Next time your having trouble adding a day we know why. Maybe it's old news on this board but I am just learning about this and think it sucks.

Is it too late to book a "throw-away" night?

So after reading about people who are having success in doing this, I'm thinking of booking a night at the campgroung so that we can use FP+ on our opcoming trip. We'll be staying 10 nights at Bonnet Creek, then transferring to the Swan. Our arrival date is Dec. 21st. Is it even possible to do this at this point? We're going to buy tickets at our local AAA to obtain the diamond parking pass. I have so many questions, though! Are there any kind souls out there that might be able to walk me through the process of how to do this once we have the tickets? I see lots of bits and peices of information out there, but I don't want to miss any steps.

Thanks so much for any help/direction that anyone might have to offer.

IF there's any availability left at the Fort at this point (and good luck trying to book a single night during Christmastime), wait until they see  much that "throw-away" night is going to cost them.  :rofl2:

Paying $100-$150 just for the ability to schedule 3 passes in a single park sounds cuckoo to me. 

Oh and yes, this topic pops up from time to time.

If I read correctly they also get a parking pass too, she books on 12/5

Thanks again. I booked the campsite last night. It must be an off day. The CM said that there was plenty of availability.

So I started a My Disney Experience account and it seems rather staraight forward. Will we be able to pick up our bands at the campground? Also, will we need to set up a tent, or can we just check in and leavae? Also, will we only be able to book FP+ for the first 7 days of our stay?

Thanks so much for your help!

Ok. Am I missing something?

What's a throw away night?

Is it just to get the fast pass?

Correct, they pay for the night with no intentions of using it. They get the magic bands and parking passes. They buy their tickets through UT or AAA and stay off site but still get the "perks" of being an on site guest.

Correct, they pay for the night with no intentions of using it. They get the magic bands and parking passes. They buy their tickets through UT or AAA and stay off site but still get the "perks" of being an on site guest.

For one night. If I remember correctly when the fronts desk gives us a parking pass for the car it's only for the length of our stay.

I guess I'm still confused. Why would you pay for a campsite $50 plus off season to get free park parking ($15) and one night of extra magic hours. Oh and use Disney transportation. Wait if your doing it for the free parking you won't need the Disney transportation.

Signed

Perplexed.

How do they get magic bands for their entire stay if they are just booking the Fort for one night? I've heard of others doing this but still don't understand how it works.

That said, I STILL need to upgrade our one night at full-hook up to Preferred and hope no one is doing this so I can get my night fixed.

I can tell you this...I will not be using a throw away night anytime soon.

I have to wonder how widespread it is? I think the concept is being overstated as far as how prevalent it is.

Gotta "love it" when people are dishonest...

How so?

Disney get's it's money for the site and they give away nothing of any dollar value to them.

FPs and the parking fee, costs them nothing unless the park is sold out or the parking lots are completely full, which hardly ever happens.

I have to wonder how widespread it is? I think the concept is being overstated as far as how prevalent it is.

How so?

Disney get's it's money for the site and they give away nothing of any dollar value to them.

FPs and the parking fee, costs them nothing unless the park is sold out or the parking lots are completely full, which hardly ever happens.

Ahh but by not being able to book that site people who were planning to come and spend money now can not. IE park tickets, dining and Merchandise. The person booking a "throwaway" was coming anyway and just wants to up their experience.

Ahh but by not being able to book that site people who were planning to come and spend money now can not. IE park tickets, dining and Merchandise. The person booking a "throwaway" was coming anyway and just wants to up their experience.

I was mainly wondering why it's dishonest if Disney allows it.

There may or may not be potential lost revenue, but is it dishonest?

I was mainly wondering why it's dishonest if Disney allows it.

There may or may not be potential lost revenue, but is it dishonest?

I think it is tough for anyone who can't get a site because of it.  But, in a free market system the Company can choose to sell their product however they like within the constraints of existing laws and regulations.  There's nothing illegal about selling a campsite to someone who doesn't actually camp on it.  Nor is it dishonest, or even unethical IMO.  Doesn't mean I think it's a good idea, or that I would ever do it.  But it's a transaction between WDW and the moron customer who chooses to spend their money this way by booking the site.  Which, by the way, was most likely booked through a reservation system that is open to anyone who chooses to use it.  

I don't know how widespread it is, but I was there last July 4 in 1500 loop and there were several sites that had 3-5 vehicles parked on them during the day and no camper. They would leave late at night and be there all day.

You know what would be an interesting concept?

If someone booked a site and actually stayed on it- but added 9 guests and sold the parking pass, KTTW cards and Magic Bands to someone looking for the perks.

If enough folks are willing to pay for the cost of a site for the perks, somebody could be staying at the Fort for free.

TCD