Well, the maiden voyage of the new camper has begun. We pulled out of Columbia, SC at about 8:15 Friday night. Drove to the Florida line and stopped at the welcome station. As I have said, this new camper is huge compared to the old pop up but we are getting used to it. We slept for about 5 hours then on the road again.

Kenny had called Friday afternoon to confirm the reservation and let us know to call when we got in as we had a lot of setting up and organizing to do we told him there was no rush, take care of other folks first.

We pulled in to FW just before 10, I'm sorry to say our first time here camping In about 9 years. Not decorated like years past, but still nice.

I had checked in on line so it was just a few minutes and we were on to our site. The guy across from us saw us coming and offered to move his truck to give me more room. Into the site and set up without a problem. Around 12 Kenny called and told us where our car was.

My brother and sister are both staying DVC, so they stopped by to check out our new rolling home.

Highlights so far:

The Golf cart parade was amazing!

Lots of decorated sites

So far we have seen about 7 Fiends signs......

To be continued

Well, today will be our first park day!

Slept in yesterday and then went over to DTD to do a little shopping and visit guest services

Lou, is it Disney's plan to screw up traffic enough so that folks will ride the bus? Lots of lanes blocked around DTD so that only busses can use them. Traffic was horrendous. Get rid of the barrels and cones and there would be no problems.

Came back to FW and spent a relaxing day here visiting with family.

Went over to the GF to look at decorations. Beautiful, but who ever thought to sell gingerbread from inside a huge gingerbread house? Oh yea, Disney. What happened to decorations being there for the guest enjoyment, not another sales opportunity.

We did the Wishes cruise and it was stunning to see the fireworks from the water. Got on the boat at the Contemporary and took a slow cruise around Bay Lake and the Seven Sea Lagoon. Got to see the EWP up close and personal. Our Captain was in training and he ended up with us as his group. Understand, we grew up in FLA, were at WDW within the first month it was open and I stopped counting my visits at 100. My brother probably has me beat as it's nothing for his family to drive up from Miami just for dinner. Let's just say we aced the trivia questions he kept asking. For most of them we were able to give him the background information on the stories he was telling. I swear, we were not snarky and treated him well. Even his trainer tried to jump in and stump us, but we were on our game. It is a little expensive, but well worth it. Right now it's $300 plus tax but you can bring 10 people.

After the cruise we wandered over to Bay Lake Towers (sister is DVC, but staying at WL) and talked our way up to the Top of the World. Beautiful view and a nice way to end the day - spending time with family over an adult beverage.

OK, off to EPCOT now.....

Till later

Lou, is it Disney's plan to screw up traffic enough so that folks will ride the bus? Lots of lanes blocked around DTD so that only busses can use them. Traffic was horrendous. Get rid of the barrels and cones and there would be no problems.

The answer is yes, kinda, sorta.

If people want a new DTD, and contrary to the belief that Disney can just wave a magic wand, and poof, a new DTD, then you're going to be inconvenienced. Disney announced recently that resort guests should take the bus to DTD, and not drive.

Went over to the GF to look at decorations. Beautiful, but who ever thought to sell gingerbread from inside a huge gingerbread house? Oh yea, Disney. What happened to decorations being there for the guest enjoyment, not another sales opportunity.

The Gingerbread House has been a shop for as long as I can remember.

Not another sales opportunity, what a great sense of humor you have. You must be new to WDW? 

Got to see the EWP up close and personal.

I'm sorry that you had to endure that.

After the cruise we wandered over to Bay Lake Towers (sister is DVC, but staying at WL) and talked our way up to the Top of the World. Beautiful view and a nice way to end the day - spending time with family over an adult beverage.

All DVC members and guests of the members whether they are staying at BLT or not are able to go up to the Top of the World.  The member must be present.

Well EPCOT was nice, got on Sorin, Mission Space, Captain EO, Spaceship Earth as well as a few others and just a little of the World Showcase, so far the Magic Bands are working well. The iPhone app has been hanging up on me so I have not been able to make FP changes on the fly.

Back at FW for a snack and to take Niko for a walk. Seems a lot of folks have continued to leave, back in the 1800 & 1900 loops we seem to be somewhere better 50 & 75% occupancy.

Gonna check out the Osborn Lights and hopefully Fantasmic tonight.

Osborne lights were great as was Fantasmic. Hard to believe we had never seen either of them in all our trips here. Made it in to line for Rockin Roller Coaster jsit before closing so thT was a plus for the evening. EMH at the MK, so we jumped the direct bus there for a late night snack and to wander around. We caught the tail end of Wishes and the Main Street Electrical Parade. Walked on the Haunted Mansion then wandered around checking out the decorations. The things they are doing with the Castle are just amazing!

Only two days left on our passes, so we are just hanging around today. I've heard Lou has been around FW but haven't seen him.

Lots of empty sites around but I figure it will fill up as the weekend approaches and the holidays get into full swing.

Disney may be trying to cut back, but I'm always amazed at the number of CMs keeping up with cleaning and maintenance.

Lots of dogs around and Niko has made lots of friends at the dog park. Disney got that one right!

Sitting on the porch at TE waiting for our reservation time... Nice quiet day. Hiked the trail down toward the lodge, then cut back on the trail along the lake. Wandered around TCD checking out the horses and ponies.

Went over to the Premium Outlets to drop more cash....

Oops, dinner time!

Well, we made it home.  I wasn't sure I would get the new camper in the driveway of the new house in SC, but with a little luck and the DW talking to me on the radio it went in first time. 

It was a wonderful FW trip, but as with all of them too short!!  I think we are "within range" for the DW (8 hour drive, we leave after work - stop at the FLA line & sleep for a few hours then on to FW in the AM) .  She has never been the fan that I am, but during this trip she said lets come back in May for teh EPCOT Flower Festival.  Well, the reservations have already been made!

It seems that as the wweek went on I had less time to post with everything we were doing.....

Nice chatting with you today!  Its great to run into a fellow fiend!

Nice to chat with you also and I'm glad your hubby made it!!  Have a great time.