I also finally saw the movie and I agree it wasnt bad but I can't understand how it became the biggest box office success ever?

Also agree that creating a dedicated land for this seems crazy. It only has one successful movie so far, who knows what the sequels will be like. They must really want to add anything they can to Animal Kingdom in hopes of creating more traffic there.

Because we all know Star Wars land at HW studios would be successful why not do it first.

WBI

I also finally saw the movie and I agree it wasnt bad but I can't understand how it became the biggest box office success ever?

Also agree that creating a dedicated land for this seems crazy. It only has one successful movie so far, who knows what the sequels will be like. They must really want to add anything they can to Animal Kingdom in hopes of creating more traffic there.

Because we all know Star Wars land at HW studios would be successful why not do it first.

WBI

I haven't seen it officially mentioned, but what do you want to bet that Cameron is paying for all or part of this?

This is going to be a giant infomercial for the sequels.

Good to see you posting Nick. You've been missed.

Agreed.

TCD

Good to see you posting Nick. You've been missed.

Thanks Lou! I'll try to keep posting regularly. Speaking of that im glad your back from your experimental hiatus.

I haven't seen it officially mentioned, but what do you want to bet that Cameron is paying for all or part of this?

This is going to be a giant infomercial for the sequels.

Agreed.

TCD

I dont know about that but thats a good point the park will definitely help his sequels out.

Thanks to you too TCD!

WBI

I think it will be the other way around, the sequels will be out before Disney gets this built. at least the first one.  AK really needs to extend park hours and this will give the them a reason to stay open later.  They even said they were working on a night time version of KS, not sure how that's going to work.  

...Here's another photo leading up to the ground breaking. Where's James Cameron?

Off shooting the sequel?

...The only interesting thing about this is what the hell Joe Rohde will hang from his ear when this project is underway.

:rofl2:

I'm with Kelly, I thought I'd read somewhere that his partnership included some financial component.  But I could be dreaming that.

If he is paying for it, I haven't seen it except as a rumor or assumption.

Words like, partnership, teaming up, collaborating, etc., have been used, but nothing official, which is not surprising, as far Cameron paying for any of Avatarland.

In fact, the deal says that Disney will have exclusive global theme park rights to the AVATAR franchise, and that usually implies, buying the rights.

Why would Cameron pay for Avatarland?

Publicity, I don' think so. Are there any movie goers in the world that haven't heard of, or seen Avatar, and that don't know about the upcoming movies.

Unless someone can dig it up from a reputable source, I'm guessing that Disney is not only paying for the park's construction, but has paid for the rights.

I've never seen the movie......here's hoping it changes my attitude towards Avatarland.  Right now it just looks stupid and I'd rather have a Star Wars land.  

But Star Warsland does not fit into the AK theme, and Avatarland does, kinda, sorta, almost, maybe.

I guess Disney figured that the priority for something new, at this time, was AK, and not DHS or Epcot, where Star Warsland should go.