• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mo left off the best part ...   "Upon the completion of your shift, you will receive a WALT DISNEY WORLD® Resort 1 Day (1 Theme Park) ticket that entitles you to one (1) day of admission to your choic

Oh there will be PLENTY of craft beers to try also!  :)

$50 for me, but no drinks, and we're outta there in a few hours.

This is the first Food and Wine Festival since the completed rollout of Magic Bands.

So, I thought maybe those little gift cards they well to wear on your wrist might go away this year.

Nope: http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2014/09/new-wearable-disney-gift-card-designed-for-epcot-international-food-wine-festival/

When visiting the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival, complete your experience with our new wearable Disney Gift Card created especially for this year’s event.

hrhrhr8379221THUMB.jpg

In addition to the many features of a Disney Gift Card, this year’s Festival-themed card comes with a wristband to ensure quick and easy access for convenience at festival kiosks. Activate your Disney Gift Card with as little as $15 and just swipe to pay as you sample your favorite food and beverages throughout the event.

The fun doesn’t have to end after the festival! Reload your Disney Gift Card on property and use it for practically all things Disney throughout Walt Disney World Resort and at other Disney destinations nationwide.

hrhrhr392882.jpg

TCD

Disney Food Blog has posted their recommendations for "must eat" offerings at this year's Food & Wine Festival...

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2014/09/19/review-must-eat-new-dishes-at-the-2014-epcot-food-and-wine-festival/

Excerpts...

As soon as you get anywhere near the Farm Fresh booth, you can smell it. Nueske’s® Pepper Bacon Hash with Sweet Corn, Potatoes, Hollandaise and Pickled Jalapeño – a strong, smokey smell of bacon laced with the sweet-spicy onions and jalapeños.

We’ve been hearing about this fun take on “breakfast for dinner” for a while now, but we were blown away by the execution of it. The dish has everything — super flavorful Bacon, Potatoes cooked perfectly (soft and fluffy in the middle and crispy on the edges), and velvety Hollandaise that stands in for the Egg in the dish, not to mention the sweet corn and spicy peppers.

photo-20-600x600.jpg

carrot-cake1-600x450.jpg

Fresh baked carrot cake with Craisins® and cream cheese icing

carrot-cake-cross-600x449.jpg

Cross section of carrot cake with cream cheese icing

The new area that’s devoted to Puerto Rico is very cool. But even more, the food here is great across the board! While we enjoyed all of the dishes, the simple Tostones, or Fried Green Plantains with Mayo Ketchup, was one of my favorites.

Tostones-468x625.jpg

I wasn’t super excited about the Sea Scallop with Spinach Cheddar Gratin and Crispy Bacon, one of the Scotland Booth’s three new dishes. But my first bite made me a believer (and then, of course, I had to take a few more bites just to be sure).

scotland-scallop-468x625.jpg

The Brazil Booth offers some awesome options this year, but one we’d really been looking forward to was the Cocadas — or Brazilian Coconut Candy.

Having never tried it (or even seen it) I wasn’t quite sure what to expect. But the dense richness of the treat made up for the boring appearance.

Coconut-Candy-600x493.jpg

Coconut Candy

I gotta tell you…I was a little concerned when I heard that the France Marketplace was changing up one of its signature dishes. This year, Escargots are featured in a tart, rather than in little mini-brioche.

But fans of the previous iteration have nothing to fear, because the new Tartelette aux Escargots — or Escargot Tart with Garlic, Spinach, Bacon and Parmesan –  is pretty fantastic.

Escargot-590x625.jpg

The Mexico Marketplace rarely disappoints, and this year they’ve re-vamped a guest favorite to make it even better. The Fried shrimp, pickled habanero pepper, and onions on a flour tortilla is simple, but delicious. What really made this a winner was the light-as-air breading on the shrimp and the absolute freshness of the whole dish.

shrimp-taco-600x480.jpg

We weren’t prepared to like the Sauerkraut Pierogi with Pork Goulash at the Poland Marketplace nearly as much as we did, but it’s like a sleeper hit!

The Pierogis get an interesting twist from what we’re used to seeing — a filling of potato. Here, they’re stuffed with a mild Sauerkraut instead.

Poland-Sauerkraut-Pierogi-600x412.jpg

"I wasn’t super excited about the Sea Scallop with Spinach Cheddar Gratin and Crispy Bacon, one of the Scotland Booth’s three new dishes. But my first bite made me a believer (and then, of course, I had to take a few more bites just to be sure)."

I completely agree. Of the 5 kiosks I tried, I liked this one the most.

"I wasn’t super excited about the Sea Scallop with Spinach Cheddar Gratin and Crispy Bacon, one of the Scotland Booth’s three new dishes. But my first bite made me a believer (and then, of course, I had to take a few more bites just to be sure)."

I completely agree. Of the 5 kiosks I tried, I liked this one the most.

That's on my must try list.

The F&WF media event was held today and guess who was one of only two hosts? Yup, moi.

Had to wear the formal costume and everything.

As the host you greet everyone that attends and give them instructions regarding the event and where to go.

All of the usual suspects attended, central Florida newspapers, Disney related websites, PJ bloggers, etc. Deb Willis of "All Ears", the "Disney Food Blog", the "Orlando Sentinel", were there plus all of the others, about 35 in total.

I was on the lookout for Kelly's boy friend, Josh of "EasyWDW" but he never showed. Maybe he had to mow his parents lawn this morning as payment for living in their garage. 

The last thing I did was give out the bling bags as they left. It was like I was giving them a bag full of gold.

The event went off very smoothly and I actually found it kinda interesting.

All of the usual suspects attended, central Florida newspapers, Disney related websites, PJ bloggers, etc. Deb Willis of "All Ears", the "Disney Food Blog", the "Orlando Sentinel", were there plus all of the others, about 35 in total.

Someday I'd love to get myself on that list of usual suspects.

Someday I'd love to get myself on that list of usual suspects.

All you need is a prominent WDW related website or blog.

It's not like Disney is doing you a favor. It's the other way around.

They seem to take care of their friends.

Another way is to befriend one of the attendees. Most brought guests.

All you need is a prominent WDW related website or blog.

It's not like Disney is doing you a favor. It's the other way around.

They seem to take care of their friends.

Another way is to befriend one of the attendees. Most brought guests.

So my options are 1. build myself a website (that's a lot of work) or 2. suck up to someone that already has one (sounds easy enough 8) )

Deb Wills (Team AllEars nudge nudge wink wink) is a good friend of mine ... me, along with hundreds of others, unfortunately. She also got married this year, so I suspect her significant other is on her list well before anyone else.

InsideTheMagic has posted a review with LOTS of photos...

http://www.insidethemagic.net/2014/09/parkspotting-at-epcot-september-19-2014-first-day-at-the-intenational-food-wine-festival/

Some excerpts...

[Patagonia (formerly Argentina) booth]

The Grilled Beef Skewer with Chimichurri Sauce and Boniato Puree ($5.50) and the Beef Empanada ($4.50) was both very good and a decent portion size. The chimichurri sauce is a perfect compliment to the beef and not too spicy so most people can enjoy it.

Food-and-wine-2014-ParkSpotting-20-550x3

[Farm Fresh]

The bacon hash was amazingly flavorful and the hollandaise sauce and jalapenos really worked well together. I only wish the portion they serve was bigger.

Food-and-wine-2014-ParkSpotting-27-550x3

[Australia]

Then I decided to try another classic from previous years’ Festivals, the Grilled Lamb Chop with Mint Pesto and Potato Crunchies ($6.25) at the Australia booth.  Again, the sauce on top of the meat is what brings out the flavor and even though potato crunchies may just be a fancy word for chips, they are still really good.

Food-and-wine-2014-ParkSpotting-26-550x3

[singapore]

There are lot of tasty options for seafood lovers at the Festival, like the Seared Mahi Mahi with Jasmine Rice and “Singa” Sauce ($4.50) from Singapore. It’s a great portion size and the ginger “singa” sauce gave it a nice kick.

Food-and-wine-2014-ParkSpotting-31-550x3

[France]

I skipped the escargot this time for the Braised Short Ribs in Cabernet with Mashed Potatoes ($5.75) and the Sea Salt Caramel Crème brûlée ($4.25). The crème brûlée is one of the best desserts I have ever tried, a definite must have if you are attending the Festival.

Food-and-wine-2014-ParkSpotting-35-550x3

Does he mean the frozen beer foam? IDK... Maybe he's just drinking again and making stuff up.

You might be right.  I forgot about the frozen beer foam.  I did notice something called "Sparkling Peach Sake Gell"  for sale in Japan.  That sounds a little foamy.

Since he posted this in the afternoon yesterday, he couldn't have been drinking for too long.

TCD

I know what Dave it talking about. Maybe it was flower and garden? Some of the food had the "fancy" food foam but it just looked like foamy barf. It was nasty.

That's exactly what I was referring to. Maybe it was Flower and Garden. But we had a conversation on here about it.... could have been 2 years ago. But the chefs were getting all fancy with that gross culinary foam on dishes, like mushroom foam and other weird things.