Agree with the others on vehicles being parked too close to the loop making backing harder.  Now that the number of vehicles per site and parking is not being enforced, people seem to park all over without regard to the rules or campers needing space to maneuver.

I wouldn't call the fort desk for tips.  Many of those people are downright clueless, I wonder if some of them have ever even seen the campground itself.  This is your best place for advice on loops.  

The youtube videos I mentioned earlier are listed on there as "Fort Wilderness XXX loop", etc…..there is a video for each loop, just fill in the number each time to view the one you want.  They are filmed as he drives around, so you see the area around the opening of the sites very well.

We will be arriving on June 6th, if anyone is around feel free to visit...I actually plan to set up some cones and practice the back in with obstacles. We live in a area with lots of rooms so I figure that would be a good idea. Tow vehicle is a 3500 dodge dually....

We will be arriving on June 6th, if anyone is around feel free to visit...I actually plan to set up some cones and practice the back in with obstacles. We live in a area with lots of rooms so I figure that would be a good idea. Tow vehicle is a 3500 dodge dually....

Practice is always a good thing most of all when you get somewhere I have learned the best thing is to ignore everyone but the one you trust as a guide when you back up. I try to tell all the people we camp with the way you set yourself up to start backing in can be the most important part, screw that up and your fighting the whole process.

I don't know what you are used to pulling, but that trailer will have a lot of tailswing. Watch that while backing or going forward.

The longer they are, the easier they are to back up. Narrow roads and the idiots in the way at the campsite across from you not withstanding! Hope the dark paint doesn't heat it up too much in the summer sun.

Black paint was a option on our camper while it looked cool, in Texas heat it would have been way too hot. Even with 2 a/c units.