Nice!

Nice looking rig for sure!

That is a beautiful rig!

Really, are you guys color blind? That's not the prettiest paint job I've ever seen. What, they ran out of day glow green and orange?

Sorry coach, but those guys are just being polite. Something that I've never been accused of.

After I get up from you knocking me out, I'd like a tour of the inside.

I guess this means they'll be no apple pie waiting.

Everybody needs a place for the golf cart.  Backing in should be fun.....

Backing isn't as bad has you think.  We have a CycloneHD, 42' & change, we have put it in the far end of 600, 1700 and 1300.  You'll love it.

Backing isn't as bad has you think.  We have a CycloneHD, 42' & change, we have put it in the far end of 600, 1700 and 1300.  You'll love it.

We have requested 1400 loop. Since you have experience with rig this size are those loops better.... Was thinking premium loops would be best. Thanks so much

Very nice, l like the color. It's always cool to see RV's with cool paint schemes or it least anything different than white. I hate backing up our 34ft TT. I guess a 5er is a bit easier but you still have to get a decent site that will accommodate your size

We have requested 1400 loop. Since you have experience with rig this size are those loops better.... Was thinking premium loops would be best. Thanks so much

not all of the sites on 1400 would work for a rig that size….holy moly that thing is a mansion on wheels!

Have you tried the FF site app, or the YouTube video showing all loops/sites that one of our members made?  Those are really helpful.

I would 2nd Carol's idea of 1600….only because there is a little more maneuverability.  Sites aren't the greatest (coquina), but it's a good location and somewhat open.  I think 300, 500 and parts of 800 would be difficult, as well, due to the angles and corners.  We were right next to the people with the giant Voltage on 1601 at Christmas.  They also had room for several EZ-ups.

Or, you could always try TCD's favorite……617.  You're gonna get a lot of gawkers anyhow, why not make it a show?  Haha, j/k.

I'd be leery of 1400 it is pretty tight.  Premium 1200 has some that are easy to get into.  We like 1700, a preferred, most are easy to back into.  We were there last spring and there were three other THs besides ours. 

What ever you do, just take your time, you'll be fine.  If people have to wait, let 'em, they're campers they'll understand. 

We will have a golf cart with us so I am not terribly concerned with distance from amenities and the like. I am thinking I may call the fort and just talk to them about rig size and the like. Then I am going to try the "faxing a week" out method for site requests. For the question above, no it is not the biggest one...there is one model bigger. We are not from Maryland. Coming from small town in southern alabama. Thanks for all the help and input. I really appreciate it.

I hate backing up our 34ft TT. I guess a 5er is a bit easier...

Ummm...maybe.  After 4+ years with ours, it's just now becoming a low-pressure event but can still take awhile.  5th wheels turn inside the tow vehicle tracks and that takes some gettin' use to after learning to back-in a TT.   Our experience is that those who have these long toy haulers have a second sense that makes it easy for them to back in.  If you were time us and Coach Siebert in backing in, Coach Siebert (on his first ever try) will have backed in, set up, and rode the boat over to MK by the time we finish backing in.  David 

We will have a golf cart with us so I am not terribly concerned with distance from amenities and the like. I am thinking I may call the fort and just talk to them about rig size and the like. Then I am going to try the "faxing a week" out method for site requests. For the question above, no it is not the biggest one...there is one model bigger. We are not from Maryland. Coming from small town in southern alabama. Thanks for all the help and input. I really appreciate it.

I think calling will be close to useless.  You won't get to talk to the site assigner and most of the CMs will be confused as to why you are calling.

A week may be too soon for a fax.  Central reservations moves the reservation over to FW at about the four day mark, so any fax they get before that will get "filed" in whatever system they use until they get your reservation.  At that point you hope they find the fax.....

I know my thinking has changed radically when I switched from a pop up to a 35' TT.  I really like to know what the road ahead looks like so I don't get "trapped" in a situation that my towing skill level may not handle.

If this works, why not unload the golf cart at the pull off just down the road from the reception outpost that is used for connecting and disconnecting towed vehicles by coaches.  Then one person can drive ahead in the GC and scout out your site without driving the whole rig there.  If it doesn't "fit" you can loop through all the loops of your category and find one that will work.  Go to the closest comfort station and get on the house phone and request your site be changed to the one you know you will fit in.  It may sound a little cumbersome, but it is much better than driving the rig around the Fort looking for a home that fits.

Here is a photo of the pull offs, one on the inbound side and one on the outbound side.

FW-Towed-Turn-Off.JPG

We always use the hitch and unhitching to unload and load the golf cart. We learned a few times that after getting the camper backed in only to notice a tree directly in the way of the drop down door in the rear I'm also not like your average jack wagon who would clog up the loop while I took my sweet time unloading the cart. The pull offs are the way to go as long as your not by yourself

I think the scouting with golf cart is definite must. We had already planned to unload cart as soon as we possibly could. While I know most campers are a patient lot...42ft is 42ft... And it will take a little time.....having grown up on a farm, I can drive backwards pretty well...BUT....I typically don't have loop full of spectators taking bets on the outcome.....

Agree with IDWD 100%. I've wanted to remove a trash can or two over the years. 2 years ago, I was having an especially difficult time due to the jackwagon directly across from us being parked partially on the road. Worst part? He stood there and watched to make sure I didn't hit his truck! I finally got out and not so politely asked him to get out of my way. Got right in after that.

We pull a 40', and we like the 500 loop. That said, there are spaces in there you will not get a large unit into. Not without a chain saw...

Others are very easy to get in. Take your time, you'll be fine!