AC's December 2013 Fortin' Around At Christmas TR (Not to be missed Super Interesting Update Added on 5-28-14) :)

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes.   TCD

Now we can make fun of you for not finishing your TR quickly enough.  With the snow storm we are expecting here in the South the next few days, I will be very bored and hoping for many updates each da

I like P+F in their Christmas hats! And I love good character interaction.    Was there any Glow with the Show action at Fantasmic? 

The Wilderness Lodge is the most beautiful WDW Resort.  Period.

(as for the Boneyard, keeping our kids together?  :rofl2:  clearly you've never met my kids.)

DS is a total rule follower and wants to please his parents so its easy for us to just tell him to stay with his sister and not to leave her alone. If the roles were reversed and DD was the oldest, we would be screwed.

Truth.

Yup

You know what's funny, as while all of the Disney resorts have their own beauty, the one that just struck me in a very unique way is Port Orleans French Quarter. I love it!!!

Agreed.  This was our resort for our First trip to Disney after we were married.   That was Thanksgiving of 98.  We have been back to stay once more.  It is our sentimental resort and we always make a stop for Beignets.  The Fort has now replaced it as our stay of choice.

I must hang my head in shame. In addition to Nemo, I've never been to the WL. I had big plans to go on our last 2 trips, but neither worked out. 

Such a pretty tree!

No shame.  Just check them out when you get a chance. 

If you want to hang your head in shame, just think about Georgia's basketball team.

:)

You know what's funny, as while all of the Disney resorts have their own beauty, the one that just struck me in a very unique way is Port Orleans French Quarter. I love it!!!

I have never been to Port Orleans, Coronado Springs, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Old Key West, Shades of Green, Swan, Dolphin, Beach Club/Yacht Club.  I can't bring myself to spend time at those when I love all the MK resorts so much.  We love the Boardwalk too.

My kids = herding cats.  Actually I'd prefer herding cats.

:rofl2:

I am picturing you with a lasso and roping some Siamese.

Cats can be bribed. They will also follow a string. Somehow I think not that easy with your kids...

Kids can also be bribed.  And mine won't follow a string, but they will follow dole whips, cinnamon rolls, popcorn, chocolates, caramels, etc.

Agreed.  This was our resort for our First trip to Disney after we were married.   That was Thanksgiving of 98.  We have been back to stay once more.  It is our sentimental resort and we always make a stop for Beignets.  The Fort has now replaced it as our stay of choice.

The Fort is where it's at.

We also love Bay Lake/Contemporary, Poly, and Wilderness Lodge.  Never stayed at the Boardwalk, but we love walking on the boardwalk.  That's what makes WDW so great.  There is something for everybody.  Now if only they would stop taking things away from the portion of "everybody" who likes the Fort.

12-9-13 (continued):

We had a 5pm reservation for Whispering Canyon and that is where we are headed next:

IMG_6335_zps032c35dc.jpg

IMG_6336_zps4112cca4.jpg

IMG_6337_zps4ede6256.jpg

IMG_6338_zps0ad2008b.jpg

The food was very good.  One of the best meals I have had at WDW.  I love BBQ though. 

The atmosphere was very cool.  The CMs did a lot of quirky things with the guests to make it a good time, such as how they handle things when a guest asks for ketchup; which is not kept on all the tables.  Don't worry you will get ketchup if you want it.

Found this video:

http://youtu.be/6MZQxsz5dro

After a great dinner, we strolled the lobby a bit more:

IMG_6339_zps8a57a25a.jpg

IMG_6340_zps1377bae5.jpg

Then it was time to catch a boat ride to the MK.  We had never before been inside the MK when decorated for Christmas:

IMG_6346_zps35266041.jpg

IMG_6347_zps749ef2e3.jpg

IMG_6348_zpsdeb36355.jpg

IMG_6349_zpseea5e4e0.jpg

IMG_6350_zpsb4733130.jpg

IMG_6351_zps34e9f7de.jpg

IMG_6352_zps18de43e4.jpg

IMG_6353_zps22cadb50.jpg

IMG_6354_zps1b41bccb.jpg

IMG_6355_zpsed6ca8a9.jpg

IMG_6356_zpsc1ebf251.jpg

IMG_6357_zps4e397e74.jpg

IMG_6358_zpsf617f472.jpg

IMG_6360_zpsc90e0ad7.jpg

We went to directly to Tomorrowland to check on availability of Buzz FPs and what do you know:

IMG_6361_zps2595cbcf.jpg

IMG_6363_zps72981293.jpg

On to the Laugh Floor:

IMG_6362_zps88953307.jpg

IMG_6365_zps5480bc81.jpg

Now this next picture is not going to make much sense without an explanation.  The guy sitting on the floor was picking his nose and eating his boogers.  He did not seem to care that his friends were right there with him or that many many strangers had smartphones, ipads, digital cameras, video recorders, etc.  I mean, if you're going to be that brazen with your booger eating exploits, you are going to end up on the internet somewhere.  I am only sorry I didn't get video to post on Youtube:

IMG_6364_zps989242bf.jpg

I should have taken more pics/video to get you action footage.  My bad.  I know you will all be a bit p**sed at me for awhile for my failure.  I can only say I am sorry and will do better next time.

I really wanted to be "that guy" but failed again.

We moved on to Buzz:

IMG_6366_zps4afc6f60.jpg

IMG_6367_zps6d7e595b.jpg

IMG_6368_zpsa8f77d56.jpg

IMG_6372_zpsd23fc3eb.jpg

Continued in next post........

After Buzz we went to the Cups, which is always a good bet if you have no FPs and don't want to wait in line at night:

IMG_6373_zps9f5adc19.jpg

After the cups, we found a spot on the bridge to Tomorrowland to watch the projection show.  It wasn't as good a spot as the hub, but we didn't have to wait for too long and camp out at a spot either:

IMG_6374_zps535a1c2c.jpg

IMG_6376_zps52d028a6.jpg

Moon over castle:

IMG_6378_zps014ddd68.jpg

IMG_6380_zps58af6782.jpg

Here we go:

IMG_6381_zpsb729974e.jpg

IMG_6382_zps3e4b22e0.jpg

IMG_6383_zps7c9b3b04.jpg

IMG_6384_zps088fdcc9.jpg

IMG_6387_zps9c48b167.jpg

IMG_6388_zps698aff9f.jpg

IMG_6390_zps8e494023.jpg

IMG_6393_zps3172bbb5.jpg

IMG_6388_zps698aff9f.jpg

IMG_6390_zps8e494023.jpg

IMG_6393_zps3172bbb5.jpg

IMG_6394_zps28ecb7f4.jpg

IMG_6396_zpsf279cd40.jpg

IMG_6397_zps7e97f1b2.jpg

IMG_6398_zps08662305.jpg

IMG_6399_zpsc856005f.jpg

IMG_6401_zpsc245ce10.jpg

IMG_6402_zpsca789b07.jpg

IMG_6403_zps55acf2e6.jpg

IMG_6404_zpsdeb67812.jpg

IMG_6405_zpsed60a033.jpg

I know you guys are thinking, "That's not quite enough castle photos yet." 

Rest assured, we stayed for Wishes, but my phone was about to die, so no pics of Tinker Bill or fireworks.

After Wishes, we bolted for the exits through the backstage area.  I know you're saying, "Why didn't you snap pics of the backstage area?"

Did you read where I said my phone was about to die?

No worries though......backstage pics later in the trip report.

Anyway, here we are waiting for a boat.  Lou's favorite WDW attraction floated past:

IMG_6408_zps2a74a2de.jpg

IMG_6409_zps7d15e59f.jpg

DD was tired.  This is what she thought about the EWP:

IMG_6410_zpsa8875bce.jpg

She will get a pass for not watching it this time.  She was all tuckered out.

We got on a boat fairly quick and headed back to the PUP and got rest for tomorrow's DHS/Fort day.

Cats can be bribed. They will also follow a string. Somehow I think not that easy with your kids...

You would be correct.   

I am picturing you with a lasso and roping some Siamese.

I should be so lucky.

We are big fans of Whispering Canyon, especially when they really crank things up.  The sarcastic responses when you ask for something are hilarious!  My brother asked for a Root Beer and received a half gallon mason jar full!  LOL.  My cousin asked for ketchup and the server took the ketchup bottles from nearly every table and gave them to my cousin asking.. "Is that enough for you?"  :))  Felt just like home. :rofl3:

It has been a very long time since I've been to WDW at Christmas so I especially love all the festive photos!  Great job!

You would be correct.   

I should be so lucky.

We are big fans of Whispering Canyon, especially when they really crank things up.  The sarcastic responses when you ask for something are hilarious!  My brother asked for a Root Beer and received a half gallon mason jar full!  LOL.  My cousin asked for ketchup and the server took the ketchup bottles from nearly every table and gave them to my cousin asking.. "Is that enough for you?"   :))  Felt just like home. :rofl3:

It has been a very long time since I've been to WDW at Christmas so I especially love all the festive photos!  Great job!

A half gallon of root beer, eh?  I may need to try that sometime.  How come they didn't bring me a 1/2 gallon of beer when I asked for a beer?

It is perfectly fine with me that you didn't get video or any other photos of the gentleman eating his boogers at the Laugh Floor.

Sorry that you didn't get picked to be That Guy.  I would say you need to give yourself a good 15-20 years, and then your chances will improve.

TCD

You don't have to hide your disdain.  It's fine.

Any SOTMK action? 

There was some SOTMK action, but not maybe what you would think.

That Whispering Canyon food looks very similar to a lot of my favs from TE, HDDR, and the Backyard BBQ. Yum! We need to eat there next trip. That will FORCE me to visit the Lodge too.

Boogers.... ha ha!

I love the projection show!

The pulled pork and ribs were excellent. 

Shamelessly glad there are no booger videos in this trip report.  

You don't have to be shy about your desire for more booger videos on FF.net.

dave is on the wrong thread!!!

Great update!!!

I think the Arctic Michigan air has frozen his brain; so he has a valid excuse.

12-10-13:

It is DHS rope drop day for the AC crew.

Without further ado, here are some illustrative devices for you to gander at:

IMG_6411_zps1db74ec0.jpg

At opening, DS and I went straight to Jedi signup:

IMG_6412_zpsb63e9f30.jpg

IMG_6413_zps47358b9e.jpg

IMG_6414_zpsb1cf910e.jpg

While we signed Youngling to Padawan Training, DW and DD scooted to Toy Story Mania to procure FPs.

It's a good thing because look at the FP return times when we met up with them 15 minutes later:

IMG_6415_zps9da0af43.jpg

The line was already crazy so we just waited a few minutes and used our FP+ ressies.

We scanned our bands and I believe three worked but one didn't.  The CM told us we could not enter.  I showed him my screenshot of the MDE ressie.  He cared; except for the caring part.   A couple was in line behind us and the "lady" pushed by us and said in a snotty tone, "Mine actually works."  Then her embarrassed husband put his MB against the scanner and guess what?  His did not work.

The CM told the lady to go by herself or go wait outside with her husband to be helped.

Then the CM told us to go find a MB tech guru.  I asked where and the CM pointed in a direction and didn't say anything.  I asked if he could be more specific and I got the point and some mumble that was unintelligible.  I said, "Wow, extremely helpful," and walked in a general direction of the finger point.  I came upon a CM with a tablet device and asked if he was the MB tech guru.   He giggled.  I showed him my screen shot showing all of us had a ressie.  He walked us back to the CM checking FP at TSM and said he could vouch for us.  Huh?  Whatever, we went inside and rode TSM:

IMG_6416_zps524ab2a9.jpg

IMG_6417_zpseb96fdd2.jpg

IMG_6418_zps8a4e0c48.jpg

IMG_6419_zpsf5eb29c9.jpg

IMG_6420_zpsed4f1b38.jpg

We had some time to kill, so we went to The Little Mermaid:

IMG_6421_zps10f6e3f6.jpg

IMG_6422_zps4f304b12.jpg

Then it was on to Disney junior:

IMG_6424_zpsaa1ac2ea.jpg

IMG_6427_zps758af047.jpg

Then just for TCD we stood in line to see a person not of this nation in tight pants.  Tight is an understatement....these may have been spraypainted on:

IMG_6430_zpsdf90a7ea.jpg

Your welcome TCD.

Actually we were in line to see Ralph and "The Glitch."  We'll get to that next.

We scanned our bands and I believe three worked but one didn't.  The CM told us we could not enter.  I showed him my screenshot of the MDE ressie.  He cared; except for the caring part.   A couple was in line behind us and the "lady" pushed by us and said in a snotty tone, "Mine actually works."  Then her embarrassed husband put his MB against the scanner and guess what?  His did not work.

The CM told the lady to go by herself or go wait outside with her husband to be helped.

Then the CM told us to go find a MB tech guru.  I asked where and the CM pointed in a direction and didn't say anything.  I asked if he could be more specific and I got the point and some mumble that was unintelligible.  I said, "Wow, extremely helpful," and walked in a general direction of the finger point.  I came upon a CM with a tablet device and asked if he was the MB tech guru.   He giggled.  I showed him my screen shot showing all of us had a ressie.  He walked us back to the CM checking FP at TSM and said he could vouch for us.  Huh?

Wow.

That pretty much mirrors an experience that we had a Space Mountain. The CM's at the scanners are not happy campers, and apparently it isn't in their job descriptions to troubleshoot.  They just send guests away to hunt for other CM's with iPads. Unfortunately, I guess this is the best we can expect until all the bugs get worked out during this very long testing period.

Then just for TCD we stood in line to see a person not of this nation in tight pants.  Tight is an understatement....these may have been spraypainted on:

IMG_6430_zpsdf90a7ea.jpg

Your welcome TCD.

Wow again.

Impressive.

Well done.

TCD

12-10-13 (continued)

Here we are in line to meet Ralph and Vanellope:

IMG_6431_zps2b15a21d.jpg

IMG_6432_zps7bb6bfb1.jpg

Here we are:

IMG_6433_zpsda33bf75.jpg

IMG_6434_zpsb592ffd6.jpg

IMG_6435_zps3620a1f3.jpg

IMG_6436_zps55a45d7f.jpg

IMG_6437_zps7ee89fac.jpg

Then it was time to meet the polka dotted one again:

IMG_6438_zps87dd6908.jpg

IMG_6439_zpsd9303ecf.jpg

IMG_6440_zps2305cccf.jpg

Digital Coloring:

IMG_6441_zpsdcba92e7.jpg

IMG_6442_zpsa47b832c.jpg

An item in the gift shop:

IMG_6446_zpsfe198868.jpg

Let's find a place to relax for lunch:

IMG_6447_zpsb399bd49.jpg

IMG_6448_zps3f666f0f.jpg

IMG_6449_zps71279d98.jpg

After lunch, DS and I went to the Jedi holding area to get ready for his training session:

IMG_6451_zps7d292bc4.jpg

IMG_6452_zpsf4d06351.jpg

IMG_6453_zpsada316b1.jpg

IMG_6454_zps4e406231.jpg

IMG_6455_zpsd4915668.jpg

The CM in charge of organizing the prospective padawans does a Star Wars triva session with the kids while they wait.  DS answered a ton of the questions; making his daddy very proud.  There was one tiny little girl that kept raising her hand for every question and when she got called on to answer the Star Wars related questions she always answered, "Gummy Bears."  It was pretty funny.

We walked over to the stage together and he waited for the Jedi Master's arrival:

IMG_6456_zpsbe65e4ac.jpg

IMG_6457_zps3babaea5.jpg

IMG_6458_zps69d6e76f.jpg

Next up?

The training, a Dark Lord, and DS uses the force.