AC's December 2013 Fortin' Around At Christmas TR (Not to be missed Super Interesting Update Added on 5-28-14) :)

I WANT TO BE AT THE FORT EATING A GAG SO BAD!!!!

That is all.

Me too.

If you lived just a little closer, I would swing by and pick you up.

Man, that GAG looks good.

And mashed potatoes?

Classy move.

TCD

Thanks TCD. Glad you're still here.

That is a very classy move.  Fries with the GAG are so 2000 late.  Aaron is a man of the new millenium.

:rofl2:

Thanks for chiming in.

How long until your return?

I look forward to a DIT Fort TR.

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes.   TCD

Now we can make fun of you for not finishing your TR quickly enough.  With the snow storm we are expecting here in the South the next few days, I will be very bored and hoping for many updates each da

I like P+F in their Christmas hats! And I love good character interaction.    Was there any Glow with the Show action at Fantasmic? 

Shhh.... don't tell...but I have never had a GAG.  Or a Mickey's Premium Ice Cream Bar.

But I will.

As God is my witness, as God is my witness I'm going to lick one. I'm going to live through this and when it's all over, I'll never be hungry again. No, nor any of my folk. If I have to lie, steal, cheat or kill. As God is my witness, I'll never be hungry again. 

Oops... got carried away there for a minute.

Carry on.

Still 12-6-13

Since TCD is off procuring more material for a future trip report (we hope) and not updating his TR over the weekend,  I figured I would do an update on the trip report undercard.

So we left off finishing up our delicious GAG at our campsite.

Next we were heading to the Meadows TP for a Disney vacation rite for our family:

The Mickey's Premium Ice Cream Bar

Now, if you're TCD, DIT, or somebody else who has been on a DCL cruise, you have been able to have giant platters of these things via room service.  I have not been that lucky......yet.  It will happen someday.

Here we are heading to the Meadow(s) TP:

IMG_5802_zpsd93f4290.jpg

More Christmas moychendice:

IMG_5803_zpsb964a16e.jpg

IMG_5804_zpsa2672978.jpg

IMG_5805_zps93b4b6a4.jpg

IMG_5806_zpsa026a751.jpg

IMG_5807_zpse944e8ab.jpg

IMG_5808_zps2fc45f76.jpg

More pics around the TP.  I love this place at Christmas.  This was our first trip to see Christmas stuff at the world so it was all new to us:

IMG_5809_zps21410281.jpg

IMG_5810_zpse0d321e2.jpg

IMG_5811_zps05b7db44.jpg

IMG_5812_zps4125aa75.jpg

A few pics so any newbies reading along will know to make a stop at the Publix, Winn-Dixie, Safeway, Piggly Wiggly, Wal-Mart, or your favorite beer and wine store:

IMG_5813_zpse8ab3159.jpg

IMG_5814_zps8c631c11.jpg

IMG_5815_zpsf161c999.jpg

Mingo?

IMG_5816_zps25acffd2.jpg

Fort stuff:

IMG_5817_zps5719a6cf.jpg

Why can we buy these totem poles, but we can't have totem poles outside the TP?

IMG_5818_zpsf5c43387.jpg

IMG_5819_zpsad2d1513.jpg

We made our purchase of Mickey's Premium Ice Cream Bars and went back outside to eat them.  That is when I noticed a rocking chair being held hostage by brown paint guy:

IMG_5820_zpsfa829895.jpg

Younglings enjoying their birthright:

IMG_5821_zps3458e8ec.jpg

IMG_5823_zps8281f73e.jpg

I saw of few of this type of cart during our stay.  It looked like it belonged in Tomorrowland or Future World circa 1982:

IMG_5822_zps31f08cc1.jpg

Next, we went back to the PUP and got the kids ready for bed.  They watched Duffy's Storytime and hit the hay:

IMG_5830_zps6f68985e.jpg

IMG_5831_zps285abbec.jpg

IMG_5832_zps620d20ea.jpg

Tomorrow would be a full day of Magic Kingdom and Fort Wilderness.  Come along!  Hop up here!  We'll go for a jolly ride!  The Dusty Highway! Come!  I'll show you the world!

Well.

I'll show you some of the Magic Kingdom and some of the Fort anyway.

Tune in next time for the exciting conclusion of the Black Pirate Ship.  Set your pins to B2.

http://youtu.be/zdA__2tKoIU

Why did I include that you ask?  Because it's Christmas in February......and because I can.

There's nothing like the joy of being able to order Mickey bars at midnight, or for breakfast, or anytime you darn well want to.  I hope you get to take that cruise soon.  

So true.  Although, when you think about what a DCL cruise costs, those Mickey bars are hardly free.

Aaron- good job raising those kids right- there's nothing better than a Mickey Bar from the Meadow Trading Post.  Well, except for a big plate of free ones delivered to your cabin on a DCL cruise.

TCD

Great pix. Thanks for reminding me to bring my own beer. And for newbies that don't have a way of getting to a store. There are companies that will deliver beer to you.

Also. The funny looking golf cart is a Gem car. It's a subsidiary of Polaris. Several people have them up at the lake. It's basically a glorified golf cart.

I have that Mingo. He was a birthday present. I love your children's birthright. :)

That's a cool present and thanks Annie.

There's nothing like the joy of being able to order Mickey bars at midnight, or for breakfast, or anytime you darn well want to.  I hope you get to take that cruise soon.  

I believe it.  There is something about seeing a bunch of them on the platter that is very appealing to me.

And because you are awesome

Thanks Becks! 

Even though I know the Fort prices for beer, it still shocks me every time I see them.

Seems ridiculous, but people buy it I'm sure.

So true.  Although, when you think about what a DCL cruise costs, those Mickey bars are hardly free.

Aaron- good job raising those kids right- there's nothing better than a Mickey Bar from the Meadow Trading Post.  Well, except for a big plate of free ones delivered to your cabin on a DCL cruise.

TCD

Thanks Andrew.  I hope to partake in a midnight platter someday.

Great pix. Thanks for reminding me to bring my own beer. And for newbies that don't have a way of getting to a store. There are companies that will deliver beer to you.

Also. The funny looking golf cart is a Gem car. It's a subsidiary of Polaris. Several people have them up at the lake. It's basically a glorified golf cart.

Thanks Ray and you're welcome.

Gem car, eh?  I thought it was pretty cool looking.  Are they very expensive compared to a regular run of the mill golf cart?

12-7-14

We woke up early because the plan was to head to Magic Kingdom for pre-rope drop.

After taking care of the normal routine, I went to grab ice from the ice machine for the cooler.

Now because I don't want to be accused of ripping off another trip reporter's shtick, I will pi*s, whine, and complain in a manner unlike any other trip reporter:

{AC in A2 Diatribe}

The ice machine was broken and I had to go to I believe the 900 loop for ice.

IMG_5833_zps254162cd.jpg

{End of AC in A2 Diatribe}

Psssst. 

I totally ripped up Troll's trademarked trip report idea.  But............since he hasn't been around, there is nothing to worry about.

After finally taking care of the ice, I took a few pics of our limited site decorations. 

You see, we had already set up a gazillion decorations at home, and I was not doing that again:

IMG_5834_zpsbed1cc3b.jpg

IMG_5835_zpsdd5e5195.jpg

IMG_5836_zpsc9812793.jpg

We headed for the marina and were excited to head to MK:

IMG_5838_zpsc64a6cc0.jpg

IMG_5839_zpse77887da.jpg

IMG_5840_zps001d917f.jpg

IMG_5842_zpsc8cab791.jpg

IMG_5843_zps1d2b71ab.jpg

Stickers from the boat captain!  Hurray!  Well the kids thought it was cool anyway.  I believe they also were given there first of several Disney transportation cards on this ride.

More boat ride pics:

IMG_5844_zpsfaf6c70f.jpg

IMG_5845_zps4780879b.jpg

IMG_5846_zps0a44b081.jpg

IMG_5848_zps2321ce62.jpg

IMG_5850_zps9d55c0b1.jpg

We arrived at the MK and went inside with zero wait.  We were there quite early for breakfast at the Crystal Palace.

After entering through the magicband thingys, a person walked up to DD and gave her a Mickey balloon.  DD was happy and it was very nice of Mr. Stranger to hand her the balloon.  Don't get me wrong.  It was a nice gesture.  We did not bring a stroller to the park though.  So what were we going to do with this balloon while we went on rides?  I had no clue.

IMG_5851_zps11aa4146.jpg

I looked over this-a-way for a minute:

IMG_5852_zps92ab5ce7.jpg

IMG_5853_zpsc3969ac2.jpg

Then I heard the familiar sound of DD crying.  She had let go of her balloon and it was heading up to meet the sky-writer.

But literally about 3-5 seconds later, a nice female CM walked up to us, and filled out a coupon for a free balloon that we could redeem for another balloon later.

That my friends is what I call a win-win situation.

DD still gets a free balloon.

And we don't have to cart it around all day.

Here is the coupon:

IMG_5854_zps000ad569.jpg

We were let inside before the opening show:

IMG_5855_zps5be9774c.jpg

IMG_5856_zps0c2de7dd.jpg

IMG_5857_zps6e0973c2.jpg

IMG_5858_zps1ccecff7.jpg

IMG_5859_zps8865d2bb.jpg

IMG_5860_zpsc8fa7660.jpg

Yup.  When we got inside we noticed they were filming for the Christmas Day Parade.

We'll have more pics of that in the next update.

A diatribe?  I like it.  Totally different from a rant. Much more to the point.

Nice pixie dust there with the Mickey balloon.  Definitely a win/win.  If that CM hadn't handed you the coupon, I would have been suspicious that this was some new scam from the balloon sellers' union.  (Give a kid a balloon, knowing that the kid will likely let it go- then Dad has to buy one to replace it.  It's like a 50% discount, but sneakier).

I didn't know you were there for the parade taping.  That could be interesting.

TCD

So was your daughter ok with a coupon instead of a balloon? Because in the picture she looks pretty darn proud of that balloon, as she should be. But if she was ok with the situation then I'd call that a win-win-win.

And I''m jealous because I always admire those Mickey and wish some stranger would hand me one someday.

That's awesome on the free balloon! My girls always begged for one of those balloons and we never got them one. We always fly and I couldn't bear the thought of paying that much for something we couldn't keep for more than a few days. But several years ago my brother bought my niece a Mylar balloon there and they let him bring it on the plane home and put it under his seat. Well when they got up to a nice altitude the darn thing popped. He said it sounded like a gunshot and a few people shrieked (probably including my brother). But I remembered you drove on your trip so wouldn't encounter that problem.

A diatribe?  I like it.  Totally different from a rant. Much more to the point.

Nice pixie dust there with the Mickey balloon.  Definitely a win/win.  If that CM hadn't handed you the coupon, I would have been suspicious that this was some new scam from the balloon sellers' union.  (Give a kid a balloon, knowing that the kid will likely let it go- then Dad has to buy one to replace it.  It's like a 50% discount, but sneakier).

I didn't know you were there for the parade taping.  That could be interesting.

TCD

I was technically not there for the parade taping....at least, not on purpose.

A free balloon coupon, how cool!! This is the first time I have ever heard of something like that being handed out!

I love your daughters little red and white polka dot wristlet! Very cute!

Heidi

Thanks. 

The coupon thing was cool, and it averted a balloon crisis.

That is her little Minnie Mouse wallet/change purse.  She loves that thing.

So was your daughter ok with a coupon instead of a balloon? Because in the picture she looks pretty darn proud of that balloon, as she should be. But if she was ok with the situation then I'd call that a win-win-win.

And I''m jealous because I always admire those Mickey and wish some stranger would hand me one someday.

Once she realized she was going to get a balloon with that coupon later, she was a happy camper again.

Hand over $15 to a balloon seller and viola a stranger hands you one!

Yup.  I have done that before.  

What can I say?  Daddy is weak sometimes.

Rope drop and Free balloons! Woot! Woot!

Sounds like great start to hopefully a great day

It was an awesome day.  Pre-rope drop is cool.......when you think you are entering an empty park.  I had forgotten about the parade taping. 

That's awesome on the free balloon! My girls always begged for one of those balloons and we never got them one. We always fly and I couldn't bear the thought of paying that much for something we couldn't keep for more than a few days. But several years ago my brother bought my niece a Mylar balloon there and they let him bring it on the plane home and put it under his seat. Well when they got up to a nice altitude the darn thing popped. He said it sounded like a gunshot and a few people shrieked (probably including my brother). But I remembered you drove on your trip so wouldn't encounter that problem.

The drama regarding that balloon was not completely over......but it was for the time being.

Christmas parade taping should be interesting!  Looking forward to your comments on it.

Great pixie dust on the balloon.

Pre rope drop admission ... breakfast ADR ... I'm guessing CP.

The pixie dust was cool.  Answers to your other comments coming in the next update!