AC's December 2013 Fortin' Around At Christmas TR (Not to be missed Super Interesting Update Added on 5-28-14) :)

So I finally have all the pics uploaded (still working on a few videos) so I should probably get this thing started.  Right?

This trip was our first Fort only trip in awhile and would be the usual cast of characters.  Me, DW, DD5, and DS8.

We woke up early on 12-5-13 and were pulling out of the driveway at 0550.

I like to show pics of the trip south so, without further delay, here are a couple pics of DD5 and DS8 zoning out to whatever Disney movie they were watching in Ohio:

IMG_5665_zpsfbe46cd0.jpg

IMG_5666_zps33f7c7fb.jpg

The kids ate breakfast in the car and we didn't stop until we were a bit south of Lexington....for gas and such.

I could not believe the gas prices in Kentucky:

IMG_5667_zps66b67d04.jpg

IMG_5668_zps1767839c.jpg

IMG_5669_zps355740b5.jpg

Do you want more pictures of gas station signs?  No?  Well I could not believe we were buying gas for below $3.40 let alone 2.93.  It was 3.45 near DS's school a day ago and now we were buying it for 2.93.

I confirmed with someone back home that our prices at home were still the same, so I was not sure what was going on.  Of course since we were buying it for 2.93, we were actually saving money by driving to WDW, right?

Well, we were on our way again and before you know it, I was sticking my head out the window to try to catch a whiff:

IMG_5670_zpsc284defa.jpg

For some reason I can never smell the creek.  If it really smells bad enough to garner such a name, I should be able to smell it.  Disappointing.

Squirrel!!!!

IMG_5671_zpsa2a8d591.jpg

IMG_5672_zpsa795dfe9.jpg

This butthole kept passing me and then cutting me off and slowing way down in front of me.

IMG_5673_zps6954a1ca.jpg

IMG_5674_zps7f9f3318.jpg

Sorry for the language but that was just pure honesty dripping from my mouth and keyboarding fingertips.

Perhaps Mrs. DoggieStyles was in a hurry but had no idea where she was going?  I wasn't sure but after you've been cut off 3-4 times by the same person in a five mile stretch you start to lose your patience:

http://youtu.be/ozksR8QLWzM

As we got close to Atlanta, my back was really killing me.  To add insult to injury, the billboards started taunting me:

IMG_5675_zpsa72e4263.jpg

I was really looking forward to the hot tub at the Meadows pool at this point. 

Moving through Atlanta:

IMG_5676_zps838a97ec.jpg

IMG_5677_zpsf418cc26.jpg

IMG_5679_zps231ae7a0.jpg

IMG_5680_zps5ce17b5a.jpg

IMG_5681_zpsff27a467.jpg

IMG_5682_zps6dfeeb24.jpg

On your left, we have a car that has burst into flames:

IMG_5683_zps8e8c1a5c.jpg

Don't worry, the occupants were fine, but it looked like a new truck.  Hopefully he doesn't have cut rate insurance.

http://youtu.be/xPSgo-Bw5RA

That has to suck.  Suddenly I was feeling sorry for that guy and not feeling so bad about myself and my back pain anymore.  That video was a bit of what the literary geniuses like to call foreshadowing.

We drove for a few hours past Atlanta and stopped in the beautiful metro area known as Valdosta, Georgia.  We made it to our goal of the Hampton Inn at Exit 5.  Only 5 miles to Florida in the morning!

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes.   TCD

Now we can make fun of you for not finishing your TR quickly enough.  With the snow storm we are expecting here in the South the next few days, I will be very bored and hoping for many updates each da

I like P+F in their Christmas hats! And I love good character interaction.    Was there any Glow with the Show action at Fantasmic? 

I'm in....page one! 

And I do think I will restrain myself and only post once on page one....being a nice guy and all. 

I do want to comment on the gas prices.  We've been paying around that, maybe a touch more, for a number of weeks now here.  I was up north for work a couple weeks ago and couldn't believe the prices.  It just goes to show you....the government's we elect in our states do have an impact on our lives.  (Don't want to drag your brand new TR into the debate board so I'll leave it at that). 

Hey, squirrel! 

Carry on....you won't hear from me again until at least page 2. 

Now we can make fun of you for not finishing your TR quickly enough.  With the snow storm we are expecting here in the South the next few days, I will be very bored and hoping for many updates each day.  Get cracking, man!

Something else I forgot to comment on before. Were you really trying to catch a whiff of the creek when you opened your window and stuck your head out? Or were you by chance trying to get a whiff of fresh air because some one had Ohaaanaaaed? In our car it would most likely be the latter. :rofl2: :rofl3: