24 Hour Party 2014 - Rock Your Disney Side

Looks like the rumors were true!

From the Disney Parks website...

Rock Your Disney Side: 24-Hours24-hour-hero.jpg

Experience Disney magic during an unforgettable 24-hour party taking place within the theme parks—from coast to coast.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/24-hour-event/?CMP=SOC-WDWFY12Q2FBDM1038

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

At 8pm tonight, all of you sane Fiends out there yell out. ARE YOU TWO OUT OF YOUR MINDS? It has to be loud enough for their hubbys to hear, so that they can start the paperwork for admittance into th

Ditto!!  :D   ...actually there is a better than pretty darned good chance that Nicole (aka TurkeyPants) and I have finagled a way to make  a "what are you whackos thinking?!?!" road trip down for thi

Nah - we'll have plenty of time.    We've got 2 drivers and it's only about a 19 hour ride.  We should be there in plenty of time to shower, change and make our 5:00 ADR at Kona!   :D

More from the Disney Parks blog...

Earlier this morning, we shared a tweet that truly featured 140 characters to officially announce the latest Disney Parks bicoastal, All-Night Extravaganza on Memorial Day Weekend – the traditional start of the family travel season. Our “Rock Your Disney Side Party” will be a fun-filled 24-hour event at both Disneyland Resort in California and Walt Disney World Resort in Florida.

0228ZW_0144DR-613x544.jpg

For the Ultimate Tweet, Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, Pluto and 135 of their friends gathered at Magic Kingdom Park and formed the familiar shape of a hashtag.

The 140 characters then invited you and your family to “Rock Your Disney Side” during a 24-hour party to kick off summer.

At this year’s All-Night Extravaganza, everyone is being invited to show their “Disney Side” by dressing as a favorite Disney hero or villain. The Magic Kingdom Park in Florida and Disneyland park and Disney California Adventure park in California will be filled with Disney heroes and villains from 6 a.m., May 23 to 6 a.m., May 24, 2014, local time.

The celebration on both coasts will feature a cavalcade of events showcasing the good-vs.-evil of classic Disney stories including character meet-and-greets throughout the parks, special entertainment, event merchandise and special food and beverage offerings.

Keep checking the Disney Parks Blog and rockyourdisneyside.com for more details and information as we get closer to the All-Night Extravaganza on May 23. And let us know who you’ll be dressing up as – hero or villain?

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2014/02/140-disney-character-ultimate-tweet-announces-all-night-disney-side-party-on-both-coasts/

More from the Disney Parks blog...

At this year’s All-Night Extravaganza, everyone is being invited to show their “Disney Side” by dressing as a favorite Disney hero or villain.

Perfect!

This is my chance to create my Phil Holmes costume:  

FW101812383.jpg

Depending on who you ask, he's either a hero or villain.  Maybe he's a little of both.  Perfect!

All I need is the robe and the hat.  And a big feather.  And, I'll be done.

TCD

Perfect!

FW101812383.jpg

Depending on who you ask, he's either a hero or villain.  Maybe he's a little of both.  Perfect!

TCD

Don't forget the ring with the 40 on it.

I highly doubt I would be able to do this, but a girl can dream, right?  So, does anyone know if the one day I have left on my 4-day hopper would work for this?  Or is there a special ticket needed for an event like this?

It would definitely work, Marty - no special tickets required.  :)

Wish I could do this but airfare is way outside my budget this time around.

Perfect!

FW101812383.jpg

TCD

Pics or it didn't happen!!  :)

... I would love to spend 24 hours with thousands of obsessed, whacked out, fanatics at an amusement park.

Hey!  I resemble that remark!   :raspberry:

:( :( :(

I was really looking forward to more pictures of melty Mo.

Not sure the world can handle more of those, but wish I could find out.

99% chance Ill be working it, which is good because CMs cannot use complimentary tickets to get in. Even our IDs are blacked out, DAMN UNIONS. They must have caved in for a kick back or something.

Weren't CM's blocked out of the last one too?

I know they got to go to the first one.  CM's accounted for most of the overnight guests.

TCD

Weren't CM's blocked out of the last one too?

I know they got to go to the first one.  CM's accounted for most of the overnight guests.

TCD

Quote from "The HUB"

"Cast complimentary eTickets will be honored for theme park entry, but use of all other complimentary admission media, including Main Entrance Passes, Guest Passes and company IDs, will be blocked out throughout the event at all three participating theme parks."

Quote from "The HUB"

"Cast complimentary eTickets will be honored for theme park entry, but use of all other complimentary admission media, including Main Entrance Passes, Guest Passes and company IDs, will be blocked out throughout the event at all three participating theme parks."

Does this quote apply to the upcoming event, or last year's?

TCD

The eTicket is what I call a hard ticket. It's an actual ticket and is distributed twice a year.

It can be printed out and given to anyone without any involvement by a CM. It's not the Main Entrance pass.

They are limited and I only use them for special occasions.

They are treated like gold by most CMs and only given out for very special reasons. Its not the same as using a maingate to get someone in. The e tickets are never blocked out.

Wow!!!   I believe that is the ticket given to me in 2010 by CM on another board that shall not be named so I could bring my youngest with us when we did Give a Day, Get a Day.  Rebekah was only 3 then and too young to earn a ticket by volunteering.  She e-mailed me the ticket, rather than meeting us at the gate to walk her in.

You’ve probably seen our “Ultimate Tweet” of 140 Disney characters that officially announced an All-Night Disney Side Party in the parks to kick off summer. Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, Pluto and 135 of their friends gathered at Magic Kingdom Park and formed the familiar shape of a hashtag. How’d we do it? Here’s a behind-the-scenes look.

http://youtu.be/phTadjDBpjk

During the “Rock Your Disney Side Party,” you’re also being invited to show your Disney Side by dressing as a favorite Disney hero or villain. The Magic Kingdom Park in Florida and Disneyland park and Disney California Adventure park in California will be filled with Disney heroes and villains from 6 a.m., May 23 to 6 a.m., May 24, 2014, local time.

0228ZW_0144DR-613x544.jpg

Be sure to check our original Disney Parks Blog story and rockyourdisneyside.com for details on today’s Disney Side announcement.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2014/02/video-making-of-the-140-disney-character-ultimate-tweet/

Actually, it wasn't too bad when I went for the first one.  Although TJ and myself didn't arrive till 10pm, and had absolutely NO agenda except to watch the silliness, and stroll around. It was a lot of fun!  We did get a few attractions in, TJ pointed out some stuff I had not noticed, and we had a Dole Whip at 3am :)