24 Hour Party 2014 - Rock Your Disney Side

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

At 8pm tonight, all of you sane Fiends out there yell out. ARE YOU TWO OUT OF YOUR MINDS? It has to be loud enough for their hubbys to hear, so that they can start the paperwork for admittance into th

Ditto!!  :D   ...actually there is a better than pretty darned good chance that Nicole (aka TurkeyPants) and I have finagled a way to make  a "what are you whackos thinking?!?!" road trip down for thi

Nah - we'll have plenty of time.    We've got 2 drivers and it's only about a 19 hour ride.  We should be there in plenty of time to shower, change and make our 5:00 ADR at Kona!   :D

A head's up for anyone who is planning to go.

I was poking around on MDE and saw today that you can book FP+'s past midnight.  It's still limiting everyone to three for the whole event.

The bad thing about this is that for the two previous 24 hour events, they cut off the FP's by midnight.  Everyone just rode standby.  Now there will two lines, and the standby lines will be slower.

Hopefully, those late night FP+'s will be available for those who want to book the 4th and beyond FP+'s.

TCD

Me thinks Mo needs to invest in a 10-day nonexpiring ticket and use 1 day at a time for these crazy adventures. At one day a year and having an AP every other year, it should last about 20 years.

Oh I have definitely pondered this! I just haven't had that big chunk of spare cash kicking around when these little adventures have come up. 

I think I just need to admit that I have a serious Disney problem and start socking some pennies away.  8)

The Disney Parks Blog posted an article yesterday detailing a bunch of special food and drink offerings they will have at Disneyland for their 24 hour event:  http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2014/05/handy-dandy-guide-to-disneyland-resort-eats-youll-only-find-at-rock-your-disney-side-24-hour-event-on-may-23/

I think the next time they have one of these I need to head west.  They have both parks open for theirs-which means alcohol is available.

Disneyland always does these special events better than WDW.

TCD

I'm betting by Delaware Lou would be looking for any opportunity to jump out of the car. 

We could start listing the bridges that you will cross for him to pick, eventually he will hit the Atlantis and could float the rest of the way.

The Disney Parks Blog posted an article yesterday detailing a bunch of special food and drink offerings they will have at Disneyland for their 24 hour event:  http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2014/05/handy-dandy-guide-to-disneyland-resort-eats-youll-only-find-at-rock-your-disney-side-24-hour-event-on-may-23/

I think the next time they have one of these I need to head west.  They have both parks open for theirs-which means alcohol is available.

Disneyland always does these special events better than WDW.

TCD

Some of those look/sound tasty.  

I especially like this;

• Village Haus Restaurant: “Pastram’boli” Flatbread: cheesy roasted garlic flatbread with beef pastrami, caramelized onions and pickles and topped with a Dijon mustard sauce. Also try the apple berry flatbread with poached apples on sweet cream cheese topped with fresh berries and mint.

Now I'm salivating.

You need a Shewee for this trip. 

http://www.campingsurvival.com/shmoplfuforw.html

Interesting. I like the inventor's name, Samantha Fountain.....

Some of those look/sound tasty.  

I especially like this;

• Village Haus Restaurant: “Pastram’boli” Flatbread: cheesy roasted garlic flatbread with beef pastrami, caramelized onions and pickles and topped with a Dijon mustard sauce. Also try the apple berry flatbread with poached apples on sweet cream cheese topped with fresh berries and mint.

Now I'm salivating.

Well. it's not like we don't have fancy choices at WDW.

There's the chunk of pot roast in a cup of mac and cheese option at the MK.  I guess us east coast folks can't handle the fancy vittles.

TCD

Not a ton of new info in this article from Inside the Magic. I think I'd rather see World of Color at 3am than a dance party.

Now if I can ride the Mine Train at 3am...

Walt Disney World

At the Magic Kingdom, character meet-and-greets will include Maleficent, Cruella De Vil, Big Bad Wolf, Stromboli from “Pinocchio,” and Bowler Hat Guy from “Meet the Robinsons.” There will also be a “It’s Good to Be Bad” cavalcade preceding Disney’s Main Street Electrical Parade.

A dance party will be held around Cinderella Castle and in Frontierland while the “#IncrediblesSuperDanceParty” will take place in Tomorrowland.

Disney reiterates that the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train will open on May 28, making no indication that it will be open for the 24-hour day – though a soft opening is possible.

Disneyland

In the Esplanade between the two parks, a giant sand sculpture of Olaf will represent “Frozen” for the day.

At Disneyland, the “Avengers Super Hero Movie Marathon” will take place throughout the day and overnight in the Magic Eye Theater in Tomorrowland.

There will also be an after-midnight performance of “Mickey’s Soundsational Parade” and dance parties at the Tomorrowland Terrace Dance Club and the Sleeping Beauty Castle Forecourt Dance Club

Disney Villains will “take over” the Royal Hall in Fantasy Faire.

At Disney California Adventure, an all-night “Mad T Party” will take place along with dancing in Pacific Wharf and Paradise Garden and a special 3 a.m. performance of “World of Color.”

http://www.insidethemagic.net/headlines/rock-your-disney-side-24-hour-day-will-feature-rare-characters-cavalcade-marvel-movie-marathon-at-disneyland-walt-disney-world/

Not a ton of new info in this article from Inside the Magic. I think I'd rather see World of Color at 3am than a dance party.

Now if I can ride the Mine Train at 3am...

http://www.insidethemagic.net/headlines/rock-your-disney-side-24-hour-day-will-feature-rare-characters-cavalcade-marvel-movie-marathon-at-disneyland-walt-disney-world/

I was just looking at the MDE site, and they have added some of the MK events to the schedule- including the villain pre-parade.  Nothing about the possible rare villain meet and greets, though.

Also of note, in case anyone is interested, is that they're now showing Anna and Elsa as meeting from 6 am to 5 am.  And, they just released a bunch of new FP+ times for the early morning for their meet and greet.  If anyone has been waiting for a chance to meet them without waiting for 3+ hours stand-by, here's your chance.

TCD

I think that God intervened by knocking me off my feet before I saw that you were going, so I wouldn't be begging to go too.

Praying that all who go have a blast!

Mo and TurkeyPants, if you are falling asleep and need a place to sleep in SC, you can use my place and I will take the kids out for a few hours.