DH works at a Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge/RAM dealer.  He said 130k+ is too much for this truck as it wasn't a good year for these.

Jason - if you want, PM me and let me know what you're looking for, your budget, how much you want to tow, and any other pertinent info and he said he'll look and see what they have floating around.

IMHO, mileage depends on the vehicle. 

We generally buy suburbans, just cause DW likes them and they fit our life.  I usually look for one that is 3-5 years old, with around 100k miles.  Can get those for a pretty reasonable price.  We drive them till about 250 or 300 k miles and then sell them, gen can get $3-5k for them then.  We are on our 5th suburban doing it that way. (Yup, we put a lot of miles on our cars!)

The Suburban we have now has 189k miles, and my Avelanche has 285k miles.  Both are running strong.

Other vehicles we have had would not have made it this far, and some years of suburbans would not have made it that far.  You really have to look at the model and the year of the car, and even then your mileage may vary!

I think vehicle location has a lot to do with it.  I think cold and poor road conditions up North really beat up vehicles (e.g. I think a car / truck can easily last 200k miles in the Southern US but because of potholes, road salt, etc northern vehicles start falling apart after 100k miles).

Today is education day for this old man.  I remember when I worked for the Air Force and traveled quite a bit - long haul - in the 60's-70's, I used to trade cars (mostly station wagons) that had maybe 65000 miles on them for one having 25-35000.  I felt over 65000  they were ready to bring me problems, especially if I were on the road.  Now you guys are talking about 100-200000 miles and still buying.  Vehicles must be a lot better now, or I was young and foolish back then.  Of course a reasonable tire was only good for 20-25000 miles too.

Today is education day for this old man. I remember when I worked for the Air Force and traveled quite a bit - long haul - in the 60's-70's, I used to trade cars (mostly station wagons) that had maybe 65000 miles on them for one having 25-35000. I felt over 65000 they were ready to bring me problems, especially if I were on the road. Now you guys are talking about 100-200000 miles and still buying. Vehicles must be a lot better now, or I was young and foolish back then. Of course a reasonable tire was only good for 20-25000 miles too.

I would say you were right for trading them in back then at 65k. But yes cars go well over 150k with no major problems now a day.

I have 3 work vans..

1995 Chevy G20 work van 335,000 (had to replace transmission at 199,000) but engine still doesn't burn a drop of oil.

2002 dodge grand caravan 185,000 no problems.

2006 Chrysler town n country minivan with 135,000. No problems.

I drive them till they die.

1995 Chevy is for sale. It's doesn't get used anymore.

We bought my son a 98 ranger with 300k on it. We wanted a beater that would get a new teenage driver where he needed to go. Then, when he graduated from HS, we could put it out to pasture. Well, years and 1000's of miles later, it's still going strong. Not surer why one will go for 300+ and some expire after 100k.

I think a lot of it is just pure luck.