When we left the FORT we had reservations for 2 weeks at Jetty Park.sajazu6u.jpgWhen we made the reservations we knew we would be on site 321, concrete pad, w/e/s 50 amp husyqy3e.jpg The park has a wide assortment of site options starting with tents, no utilities at all.tupuna5a.jpgThere are water only sites right along the channel. You can see the rigs off to the left.a2u7yge6.jpgThey have full hook - up sites with no pads(30 amp) as well as w/e only.vetemahy.jpg and other sites similar to.ours4eny3ade.jpgThe bath houses are very nice and clean.u9eva2eq.jpgYou can go to the beachhyvu5yju.jpggo fishingy9yse6u9.jpgas well as watch the Cruise ships depart.ezejena6.jpghazytenu.jpgeven late at nightdupuqyvy.jpgor you can just watch all the creatures such as this guy/girlhyqa9e6y.jpgwe also saw dolphins, sea turtles and even a manatee, but I didn't have the camera and I'm not that fast with the phone. We also got to see a big event with the arrival of these container cranes. Every VIP was down to watch their arrivala3y6e2yt.jpga3e7egy7.jpg9uga3y4a.jpgI highly recommend it as a place to visit, but reserve early it fills up real fast.<br />

Can anyone visit for a couple hours to watch the ships?

Absolutely. You can visit the park itself all day, non county residents pay $10.00 for a pass that lets you fish, (if you stay on the pier no license is needed) go to the beach, picnic etc, they even have a snack bar at the beach and it even carries a few brews.. It is only about an hour from the FORT via the 417/528 toll roads.

Awesome looking place. It's definetely going on the to do list. I have seen it before but only from a cruise ship. What do they charge per night?

Full hook up with the pad is $39 summer $49 winter, but stay a week and get a day free. Here is their web-site.

http://www.jettyparkbeachandcampground.com/camp_index

Hey, I've got a question, does it look like folks camp there and just leave their campers/MHs on a site while they go on a cruise? I mean 39 a night is not much more than parking at the port, you have electricity for your rig.  Do they have a shuttle to the port?

Hey, I've got a question, does it look like folks camp there and just leave their campers/MHs on a site while they go on a cruise? I mean 39 a night is not much more than parking at the port, you have electricity for your rig.  Do they have a shuttle to the port?

That I didn't really look for, no shuttle, but a cab would be cheap. I think I even saw one that said "Pay what you want". :)

Thanks for the report, Dave.

I always look at the Jetty Park campground every time we cruise out of Port Canaveral.  I've always wondered what it would be like to camp there.

It looks like a great place to camp if you want a place near a beach.  Plus, there are a ton of restaurants and attractions very close to there.   And you can't beat those prices!

TCD

Thanks for the report, Dave.

I always look at the Jetty Park campground every time we cruise out of Port Canaveral. I've always wondered what it would be like to camp there.

It looks like a great place to camp if you want a place near a beach. Plus, there are a ton of restaurants and attractions very close to there. And you can't beat those prices!

TCD

Thanks for bringing up the resturants, we went to Grills and Rusty's both were great. Also there is a wonderful seafood market, Seafood Atlantic, they have a wonderful Seafood Salad that is close to 95% seafood and their crab cakes are 98% crab. They also serve various dishes on their patio.