We have a wineguard dish mounted on our camper and hoped to use it at the campsites. What loops are the most open  and does anyone know the settings at fort wilderness? We have requested the 1400 loop for a premiun site but do not know how the campgrounds issue them. We have myself, my wife ,Daughter , son-in-law and twin 5 year old granddaughters arriving 4/5 thru 4/11. Any help about all the insider info is appreciated. I wanted to bring our bikes but my wife says it will be a waste of time. Any thoughts on that ? We have 5 day parkhoppers and hope to get some pool use as well. Are the pools warm enough this time of year ?

I agree with Grumpy, the premium loops are all pretty comparable as far as tree cover.  If it's really important to you, the first half of the 600 loop has the least amount of trees of any of the premium loops.  All the sites at the Fort have digital cable, and plenty of channels to access.

Although wives are always right, I disagree that bikes are a waste.  They are very useful for getting around, especially if you don't have a golf cart.

The pool will be plenty warm.

Have a great trip!

TCD

Also for the 600 loop, if you are assigned on the left side of the loop, you will get direct morning though afternoon sun that will shine through that large windshield and really heat up the camper. We were assigned to that side of the loop a couple of years ago, and it was all the AC's could do to keep up. I had to keep the front curtains closed for most of the day to keep the heat down.... They don't call that Loop Sunny Sage Way for nothing!

• 2 weeks later...

We ended up at site # 1439 which was perfect for us! we had cable and satelite reception. We rented a cart from Tee time and had a blast. we were next to the comfort station and right at the pool and movie plaza. what a blast !!!

1131.gif

• 3 weeks later...

I don't get it..... It must just be us but our rv has 2 flat screens and 1 rule don't touch them while we are at the fort no tv allowed go and enjoy the time we have

It all depends on how often and how long you are there along with whether your there for the FORT or for the Parks. As well as whether your "old farts" like us. :rotfl6:

I don't get it..... It must just be us but our rv has 2 flat screens and 1 rule don't touch them while we are at the fort no tv allowed go and enjoy the time we have

Agreed, we virtually never turn on the tv. Doesn't stop us from packing the tv, AppleTV, iPads, computers, etc. But it can be nice to have when it's pouring rain.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Agreed, we virtually never turn on the tv. Doesn't stop us from packing the tv, AppleTV, iPads, computers, etc. But it can be nice to have when it's pouring rain.Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Santa's back! And I agree, TV is nice on rainy days. We don't watch it much otherwise.

Agreed.  Not a lot of TV watching at the Fort.

We do leave one on for the dogs when we go out.

The only other time it's generally on is at night when we're headed to bed.  The only time I'm up late enough to watch Letterman is when I'm on vacation.   8)

...oh and if there's a Red Sox or Patriots game on, but then the TV is outside and we're in lounge chairs with cold beverages (and sometimes Lou). 

I think my sons would not know it was the Fort without Stacy.  The youngest has her on at all times that we are not in the parks and my older son is a big fan of the Disney Cartoons.  Can't tell you how many times I have dosed off to Mickey's whistle.  Consequently, even with two tv's, that leaves no tv viewing for the adults.

• 1 month later...

We had a Tracvision dome on our motorhome and never had a problem getting a signal on our last 5 trips to the fort. We now have a travel trailer with the Winegard Trav'ler mounted on the roof. At other parks, as long as there's no trees on top or directly in front of the dish, we've never had a problem and don't anticipate any when we check in on Saturday. We'll probably hook up the cable too for that Disney experience. :)

Good Luck with Satellite,, 600 is your best option, we have stayed in 1400 terrible,,  last couple of years 500,, by the comfort station 518 is best you can get,,  most times we break out the manual dish to get satellite,, roof top not so good