Pressure Regulator Necessary at Fort

Connections are universal in the US. Don't worry about what the diameter of your hose is.

Am I better off getting a longer hose, or one with a larger diameter?  I need to balance between getting the job done and still being able to fit in the storage compartment.  

I am pretty sure you are making fun of Larry or something of that nature but I do have one piece of info. 

My house hose was frozen when our hot water heater bled in December. I borrowed my neighbors hose to drain as much out of it as possible. It ended up being one of those expanding pocket hoses. 

It did that job fine but it got pretty dirty so I bought the neighbor a new one. 

I needed a hose quick the other day and that one was handy so I just grabbed it. 

As I am getting ready to use it the fabric cover splits and it looked like a water balloon coming out the side just expanding away. 

For the comical visual I threw that thing down and ran to shut off the water like it was a live grenade. Luckily I was pretty much out of range when it went. 

Moral of the story. Those things suck and I definitely wouldnt use it in a pressure situation. 

Am I better off getting a longer hose, or one with a larger diameter?  I need to balance between getting the job done and still being able to fit in the storage compartment.

I asked FWGirl and she seems to think it is a combination of hose length and diameter. I do know there is nothing worse than coming up short with the hose when hooking up.

...... I do know there is nothing worse than coming up short with the hose when hooking up.

And that is why I carry two 25 foot hoses.  Have never needed more than 50 feet but often need more than 25, and two 25s are easier to carry, store and manage. 

If u r going to buy the regulator, take a look at getting an elbow as well. It should be on the rack close to the regulator. I'm not sure what the angle is, but it's supposed to take pressure off the fittings in your sidewall.

The angle of the elbow. Oh yeah.