Spring Break Park Status and other bad news

It's one of the big 3 times of the year to stay away. If you made the mistake of coming to WDW now, after you were warned not to, you may want to skip this.

Currently, all parks are operating as normal, but that could change.

Wait times are fairly long.

As a sampling, Splash Mt. is 2-1/4 hours. IASW is 25 minutes, which is 24 more minutes than I'd wait to ride it.

And if you want to meet a female CM dressed up like a fictional princess wearing a bad wig so that you can have an over priced photo taken by a College Program kid wearing knickers who would rather be at the Ale House, it's average of an hour.

FastPasses are non existent for anything you'd actually want to ride.

The good news is that the Tiki Room and Carousel of Progress are walk on. How can that be, it's everybody's favorite.

I love COP. It's always nice and cool in there.

I don't think ole Walt intended it be just a place to cool off at

I could go for some zingers and a pitcher of beer at the Ale House.

But I like the Ale House.

And so do a lot of CMs after work.

Back on topic.

Now it's out of control, IASW has a 70 minute wait.

The most crowded I have ever seen WDW was the day most of the WW went in 2013.  I remember some long lines for things.  But mostly, I remember grinning and giggling and dancing.

I know there are many who wouldn't agree with me.  But I would happily "suffer" through a high crowd day if it meant I could be at WDW.

(Editting to add:  However, I am very glad that homeschooling means when we can afford to go to WDW, we can arrange to go during the "off season")

Back on topic.

Now it's out of control, IASW has a 70 minute wait.

You know what's funny, though?

Right after you posted, I tried to get 3 FP+'s for today on MDE and everything was wide open even the biggies- Space, Big Thunder, Haunted Mansion.  The return times weren't until later this evening, but I could have booked them.

FastPass+ is so awesome!

TCD

You know what's funny, though?

Right after you posted, I tried to get 3 FP+'s for today on MDE and everything was wide open even the biggies- Space, Big Thunder, Haunted Mansion.  The return times weren't until later this evening, but I could have booked them.

FastPass+ is so awesome!

TCD

Could it be that when the internal website shows FPs not being available, that they mean getting a FP at the park?

It's still showing that FPs are not available for the most popular attractions.

Could it be that when the internal website shows FPs not being available, that they mean getting a FP at the park?

It's still showing that FPs are not available for the most popular attractions.

Just checked again- now certain attractions are shown as not available:  Splash Mountain, Enchanted Tales, and some others.

It let me pick Big Thunder, Space and Peter Pan.

But then when it showed the options, the mountains were gone, and they were substituting Laugh Floor and the Speedway (at 9:15- 10:15 pm).

They aren't completely out of FP+'s yet, but it looks like they're scraping the bottom of the barrel.

TCD

Just checked again- now certain attractions are shown as not available:  Splash Mountain, Enchanted Tales, and some others.

It let me pick Big Thunder, Space and Peter Pan.

But then when it showed the options, the mountains were gone, and they were substituting Laugh Floor and the Speedway (at 9:15- 10:15 pm).

They aren't completely out of FP+'s yet, but it looks like they're scraping the bottom of the barrel.

TCD

A FP for Laugh Floor?  Who thought this was a good idea? 

I've been Easter week the past 2 years and never waited in lines like that. You have to have a plan and get the hell out midday, but it's doable. I wish I was there now!!!

I've been Easter week for the past 13 years and never waited in lines too. My plan, stay home.

I'm glad I'm not there now, although it's not as bad as it was yesterday. Wait times are little shorter. Splash Mt. is only an hour and a half.