Welcome! I also agree with 2000 loop, for the main reason that with that large of a group, you will most likely have multiple tents, a screen room, awning or two, etc. Those sites are much larger in size than 1500 loop to set up all your "stuff". Now having said that, bring bikes, or a bring/rent a golf cart, as you will be out there a bit. Although you can cut through the group camping area, across a bridge, and through the 900 loop to get to the central part of the campground.

Welcome, Christy!

I wouldn't worry too much about your group disturbing others.  A group camping for 10 days is no competition for some of the "weekend warrior" groups that show up at the Fort.

There are quiet hours that you should warn everyone in your group to respect.  Otherwise, I doubt that you will bother anyone.  You are nowhere near some of the unruly groups that some of us have encountered.

TCD

"Tent camping with teenagers" caught my eye, as that is rapidly becoming a favorite hobby of mine these days.  :)

Here is a link to an AC I am seriously thinking about trying if we pull together a summer camping trip this year.  Looks so very fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxSLbpAwibg

Looks very easy and like it could work for even a newbie like me.

Have fun!  10 days at the Fort with a big group sounds like a blast, even in August in a tent!

Are your teenagers particularly noisy? I live with several teenagers and often you could hear a pin drop as they all stare at the screens of their electronic devices with their earbuds in. Occasionally an argument bursts out over who gets the last piece of chicken or something but I don't think of teenagers as a rule being more noisy (unless they have a loud car) than say a bunch of 8 or 9 year olds on bikes and scooters. We encountered a bunch of those in the 2000 loop and even they weren't really a bother.

And if you used baged ice vs a solid milk jug I would assume it would really cut down on how long it would last.

No doubt.

But, it might just work long enough to make things more comfortable in a hot tent for sleeping.

The cool air blowing out would feel good.  I doubt it would cool the whole tent, but it's better than just a fan.

The big flaw in this plan is where are you going to get frozen gallon jugs of water when you're camping?  If you have a freezer to bring along, and available electricity, maybe you ought to just bite the bullet and buy and actual air conditioner instead.  I've seen small window AC's for sale at WalMart for less than a hundred bucks.  Even a small cheap AC unit would work better than ice in a bucket. 

TCD

The big flaw in this plan is where are you going to get frozen gallon jugs of water when you're camping?

TCD

That's what I was getting at about the bagged ice.

I guess you could try to insulate the bucket with the freezer bags you can use for groceries? But at this point I would think the cheap ax unit would be easier.