Last minute, but important (maybe stupid) question that I have been meaning to ask. We are going to take the boat to MK but planned on driving to Epcot and AK instead of the multiple bus transfers. Is there signage out of the fort to all the parks? If not, what are the directions? Is parking free since staying on property?

Still trying to get to 100 posts before leaving.

Thanks,

Mike

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Once I park at the Fort, my vehicle does not start again until I have to go home.

I hear the bus drivers are cranky.

There is no one good answer as to whether or not someone should drive or take the bus. The bottom line is that more on-property guests with cars, will opt for the buses. Unless a person is willing to

Yep!  

I agree about driving to AK....that bus ride seems to take FOREVER.  

But, I don't know if you like enjoying an adult beverage or not, but I prefer busing to Epcot because I like to have a couple of beers around the World Showcase and then I don't have to worry about driving afterward.  Just a thought.  The bus ride to Epcot is not bad at all from the Fort.

Yep!  

But, I don't know if you like enjoying an adult beverage or not, but I prefer busing to Epcot because I like to have a couple of beers around the World Showcase and then I don't have to worry about driving afterward.  Just a thought.  The bus ride to Epcot is not bad at all from the Fort.

Hadn't thought about the adult beverages at Epcot.

They are!!!! You catch on quickly. 

Yep!  

I second this. It's nice to be able to enjoy some beverages and have a free DD. 

Hadn't thought about the adult beverages at Epcot.

Goodness gracious man!

What were you thinking about?

That's why you go to epcot?

Start with a shot of tequila in Mexico, chase it with a Carlsberg in Norway.

China has Tsingtao. I usually skip it unless we're doing a beer crawl.

Then there's the outpost (DD calls it Africa). They have Safari Amber (or they used too) and they have another beer I like but I can't think of it.

Hey you try remembering what beer you ordered after a shot of tequila, and 2 or 3 beers.

Then there the Valhalla of the Epcot beer crawl...GERMANY!!!

Unfortunately the best beer is served in the Biergarten but they have a really good pilsner along with a brat for sale at the quick service counter right next to the check in desk for the Biergarten.

Ok that's enough of that. I now want a bier and a brat.

If you want to know what beers are available in the world showcase just ask and I'll post the rest of the countries beer selection.

I'm not sure what time you would have to be at the marina to make rope drop. But someone will be along shortly to answer that question for you.

A fun way to get to epcot from the fort is to take the boat to the MK or the contemporary and take the monorail to epcot.

I don't know if you've been to epcot before but I love arriving at epcot via the monorail. It actually takes you into the park before letting you out at the gate.

Yes it takes longer but it's worth it. (Remember adult beverages)

I seriously doubt that you'll be fortunate enough get that particular bus driver.

It may seem that way because if you go while BB is open, it stops there both coming and going.

What time do we need to he at the marina in order to make it to MK by the opening show/rope drop?

How early to drive to Epcot? AK?

The boats, if running according to the signage, start operating 30 minutes before MK opens. Make sure you're there for that first boat.

Plan B is to take the bus to MK. They start operating way before the boats. And even though you have to take 2 buses, they run more frequently. Most times it's either quicker or about the same.

At the Settlement, take the WL bus, then take the MK bus from the Lodge.

A fun way to get to epcot from the fort is to take the boat to the MK or the contemporary and take the monorail to epcot.

While some people think it's fun, it will take you forever because Ray didn't mention that you have to get to TTC from MK or the Contemporary in order to catch the Epcot monorail. Factor in that it will probably break down.

Yes I forgot to mentionTTC but it's still a great way to get to Epcot.

I did mention it takes longer to get there that way.

And remember Lou is only saying this because he's jealous of the monorail captains. Because he's the cranky bus driver.

Another fun way to get to Eocot is to drive your car and head south, leave disneyworld and do donuts in Lou's front yard and then head back to Epcot.

When I'm at the Fort, the only time I drive to a park is if we want to be there for rope drop.  Otherwise,  we take the bus to Epcot, DHS and AK.  Yes, the AK bus ride is long, but the drive is long too.  Plus, after you park, you will have to wait for a tram, and ride that to the entrance.  Same deal coming out.  The buses, on the other hand, drop you near the entrance and you just stroll right in.  Coming home, you're not loading into a hot car that has been baking in the sun all day, where you're lucky if the AC gets the car cooled down by the time you're back at the Fort.  Plus, the people watching on Disney buses is always fun.

TCD

There is no one good answer as to whether or not someone should drive or take the bus.

The bottom line is that more on-property guests with cars, will opt for the buses.

Unless a person is willing to put up with the negatives of the WDW bus system without complaining, don't ride them. They are what they are, take it or leave it.

And don't complain to the bus driver if in your opinion, it was a long wait. They know you're exaggerating, and they couldn't care less that you're unhappy with the service.

Each trip we drive less and less. I'm on vacation and I drove 1400 miles to get there... I'm not in a hurry, and if I want to have an adult beverage (or 4) I don't want to have to worry about my car.  But then we've also had pretty good luck with WDW transport and we know when we're likely to run into busy/crazy times.

Each trip we drive less and less. I'm on vacation and I drove 1400 miles to get there... I'm not in a hurry, and if I want to have an adult beverage (or 4) I don't want to have to worry about my car.  But then we've also had pretty good luck with WDW transport and we know when we're likely to run into busy/crazy times.

Good points.

Another reason I like to take the bus is that we may choose to hop to another park, and I'd rather use Disney transportation for that as well.  If I drive, then I would have to drive to the next park, or leave the car and come back for it later.  I'd rather not have to worry about that.

Depending on timing, you can hop to another park faster than it would take for you to wait for a tram, get your car, drive to the next park, and ride another tram to the entrance.

TCD