Hard to believe people have that much money to burn

According to the rumor mill, they don't.

The theory behind the rumor that a huge chunk of Wilderness Lodge is going to be converted to DVC rooms is that Disney has horrible occupancy rates on the deluxe hotels. 

Despite the low occupancy, they have steadfastly refused to reduce the rack rates to put heads in the beds.  They don't want to devalue their product.

I guess this is what all those MBA's in charge learned in business school.

So, that opens the door to converting deluxe rooms into DVC rooms.  That's what's happening at the Polynesian resort right now.  A good portion of the room inventory is being converted to DVC rooms.  And, supposedly, the Wilderness Lodge is next.

TCD

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They can work the system though.  Last New Years Eve we had reservations at the Wave for lunch.  On December 30th, I checked MyDisneyExperience and noticed that my reservation was gone. I then got my

Wow, 1-4 sound like things I would complain about.  I thought rich people loved valet parking, paying $5 for a Diet Coke ("in a metal bottle" -- is that also known as a can?), avoiding public transpor

The wow factor is at checkout.

According to the rumor mill, they don't.

The theory behind the rumor that a huge chunk of Wilderness Lodge is going to be converted to DVC rooms is that Disney has horrible occupancy rates on the deluxe hotels. 

Despite the low occupancy, they have steadfastly refused to reduce the rack rates to put heads in the beds.  They don't want to devalue their product.

I guess this is what all those MBA's in charge learned in business school.

So, that opens the door to converting deluxe rooms into DVC rooms.  That's what's happening at the Polynesian resort right now.  A good portion of the room inventory is being converted to DVC rooms.  And, supposedly, the Wilderness Lodge is next.

TCD

Considering that, and how small but popular the Beach Club DVC is....I wonder if it would make sense to convert the entire Yacht Club into DVC?  Or since the existing BC DVC is on the opposite side of BC from the YC, maybe converting a big chunk of BC and adding it onto the existing DVC makes more sense.  

Considering that, and how small but popular the Beach Club DVC is....I wonder if it would make sense to convert the entire Yacht Club into DVC?  Or since the existing BC DVC is on the opposite side of BC from the YC, maybe converting a big chunk of BC and adding it onto the existing DVC makes more sense.  

Why don't you prepare a resume and send it to Disney?  They are looking for people who think like you.

TCD

• 5 months later...

Well, it looks like they have a hit on their hands.

US News & World Report named the Four Seasons Orlando the best hotel in Orlando.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/travel/attractions/the-daily-disney/hotels/os-four-seasons-best-hotel-orlando-story.html

The hotel is the only central Florida hotel on the magazine's Best Hotels in the USA list.

TCD