• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They can work the system though.  Last New Years Eve we had reservations at the Wave for lunch.  On December 30th, I checked MyDisneyExperience and noticed that my reservation was gone. I then got my

Wow, 1-4 sound like things I would complain about.  I thought rich people loved valet parking, paying $5 for a Diet Coke ("in a metal bottle" -- is that also known as a can?), avoiding public transpor

The wow factor is at checkout.

You forgot the part where you get there at 10pm after driving through a snowstorm, dig out the plow truck, lug all your stuff up the hill (including 7 gal water jugs), shovel a path to said outhouse through 3 feet of snow, then sit on the couch with all your outerwear on while you wait for the stove to crank up and get the temperature above freezing (and occasionally above zero), then heat up water for your hot water bottles to thaw out the mattress so you can go to bed.

Ahhhh... good times!! 

(seriously, they really have been very good times)

I'm not kidding or exaggerating, but that's my vision of Hell.

Snow, ice, cold, and getting out of a warm bed in the middle of the night to walk to an outhouse. Shoot me.

You forgot the part where you get there at 10pm after driving through a snowstorm, dig out the plow truck, lug all your stuff up the hill (including 7 gal water jugs), shovel a path to said outhouse through 3 feet of snow, then sit on the couch with all your outerwear on while you wait for the stove to crank up and get the temperature above freezing (and occasionally above zero), then heat up water for your hot water bottles to thaw out the mattress so you can go to bed.

Ahhhh... good times!! 

Hope the closest I ever come to this kind of experience is your colorful narratives

Yeah, and I don't think anyone is actually going to live in those houses anyway.  Those will be 2nd, 3rd, 4th or whatever houses to compliment the mountain home, the beach home, etc. for the ultra rich who buy there.  I don't think anyone is going to be bothered by the traffic.

TCD

When I live there, I WILL live there. 

Ahhhh... good times!! 

Must be my upbringing in the wilds outside of Buffalo....but that actually sounds kind of nice.  

Must be my upbringing in the wilds outside of Buffalo....but that actually sounds kind of nice.  

We've honestly had lots of good times there in the dead of winter- including the winter where every week in January we had a new foot of snow.

Of course the reason we were there in the first place was to go snowmobiling, and you don't do that where it's warm and beachy.  8)

Ahhhh... good times!! 

I must be a glutton for punishment because this sounds far better than desert living any day. 

It's not exactly a hijack.....you are just showing readers some alternative accommodations to the Four Seasons.  

More like alternate universe.

I must be a glutton for punishment because this sounds far better than desert living any day. 

Agreed!  I've always said, "I can put more clothes on if it's cold.  I can only take so many off if it's hot." And believe me, no one is looking for that.  8)

Yes, I am.

But, I want to spend the night.

One will be plenty.

I am waiting for a deal that will work on a one night stay.

I'm not going to do that pay for two nights and get a third free.  Too rich for my blood.

I am one of the poor people who only has one house.

TCD

I hope a deal pops up soon! 

Back on topic because I forgot to say I agree with others. The rooms look nice but nothing would justify me spending that kind of money. I will admit though I don't like hotel rooms which is why we have a trailer. I prefer to have my own little room, I feel much more relaxed in a campground than in a hotel room any day. Unfortunately we have a 10 day trip coming up and the trailer is staying home. Sigh! I really do dislike hotel rooms. 

this sounds far better than desert living any day. 

Siberia or the Sahara, are those the only two choices?

Too rich for my blood.

I am one of the poor people who only has one house.

Good thing you're not Pinocchio. You wouldn't fit through the door.

I've always said, "I can put more clothes on if it's cold.  I can only take so many off if it's hot.

As you know, I lived 2/3s of my life 10 minutes from where you live and I feel differently. I absolutely love and miss everything about New England except Nov. through March.

When I lived there and even though I dressed for it, I found it painful to be out in the cold and snow. I always hated it. Never got into any winter activities and I would get really down in the Fall because I knew what was coming. Winters were extra long for me. Even now, I try not to go up during the winter.

I believe it was due to my genetics as most of my brothers and sisters feel  the same. But my kids have no problem with NH winters and have no plans to move.

I can't imagine ever living there during the winters.

On the other hand, I have no problem with the Florida heat. It's not that I prefer it, but it doesn't bother me at all.

I agree with not being cold. I leave my a/c set at 84 in the summer. I am happy DH is not always thrilled.

84, that's way to high. It must not come on that much.

We keep it at 76/77.

Whenever I visit up north, people set their AC on 72 during the hotter periods, too cold for me.