I am thinking that at some point, they will need to offer some kind of discounts to fill rooms.  There's no way they're going to have enough occupancy with those prices.

I have stayed at all the WDW resorts except for Old Key West and Shades of Green, so I've already pretty much got that covered.

Since they just re-did the dam at the canal behind the 300 loop, I am convinced that there isn't going to be water transportation to the MK.  At least not anytime soon.

TCD

I hope so.  And that someone else's theory of them closing the full hook ups due to visibility from the hoity toity upper floors is also wrong.

Funny, we have stayed at OKW and SOG, but not many others.  OKW was a promotion 5 or so years back, and SOG was as a guest of my BIL who is military.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They can work the system though.  Last New Years Eve we had reservations at the Wave for lunch.  On December 30th, I checked MyDisneyExperience and noticed that my reservation was gone. I then got my

Wow, 1-4 sound like things I would complain about.  I thought rich people loved valet parking, paying $5 for a Diet Coke ("in a metal bottle" -- is that also known as a can?), avoiding public transpor

The wow factor is at checkout.

I hope so.  And that someone else's theory of them closing the full hook ups due to visibility from the hoity toity upper floors is also wrong.

Funny, we have stayed at OKW and SOG, but not many others.  OKW was a promotion 5 or so years back, and SOG was as a guest of my BIL who is military.

That was my theory about the full h/u loops.  And since when do you believe anything I say? 

TCD is going to give money to the abomination just as he's given money to Starbucks? Shocking! 

I know!  At least I stick to my guns with my hatred.  You won't see me walking through the doors of that Starbucks on Main Street. 

Unless I'm in need of some caffeine.  Or it's a chilly evening and I want a nice, warm beverage.  Or I have a hankering for something with caramel and whipped cream.  Or maybe I want a cookie, or a scone.  But otherwise, you'll NEVER see me in the place. 

This just reinforces my negative opinion that the Fort's days are numbered. Here it is, sandwiched between a high roller hotel and a soon to come premium DVC property?

Won't happen fort is a property walt wanted he camped with his kids. It was on the plans he helped drew up. That's why it's one of the first property's built

Won't happen fort is a property walt wanted he camped with his kids. It was on the plans he helped drew up. That's why it's one of the first property's built

As the great Lou has so eloquently pointed out on many occasions, Walt is dead and his head is wrapped in tin foil and sitting in a freezer somewhere.

Nobody currently in charge respects or cares about the way Walt would have done things.  You need look no further than the beer and wine list at Be Our Guest restaurant for confirmation of that.

TCD

As the great Lou has so eloquently pointed out on many occasions, Walt is dead and his head is wrapped in tin foil and sitting in a freezer somewhere.

Nobody currently in charge respects or cares about the way Walt would have done things.  You need look no further than the beer and wine list at Be Our Guest restaurant for confirmation of that.

TCD

Walt is not dead.  I saw him at a Walmart in Indiana this past weekend shopping for margarita mix with Elvis. 

As the great Lou has so eloquently pointed out on many occasions, Walt is dead

Nobody currently in charge respects or cares about the way Walt would have done things.

Hey, stop taking away my fun.

Won't happen fort is a property Walt wanted he camped with his kids. It was on the plans he helped drew up. That's why it's one of the first property's built

You're such a kidder.

Oh, Walt is dead.

There I feel much better.

• 3 weeks later...

From the June 2014 issue of Travel+Leisure magazine in a list of 10 family vacation experiences, #6 is Live the Fairy Tale and mentions WDW and Efteling, Netherlands:

“A trip to Disney World is a rite of passage for kids, but it can come with its fair share of headaches. The new Four Seasons Resort Orlando will provide some relief.  Just a 10-minute walk from the Magic Kingdom, the 444-room property has hourly shuttles to the four parks, but special appearances by Goofy and friends at breakfast mean there’s no rush to see your favorite buddies. Bonus: a Disney concierge is on hand to get you VIP passes for rides (no lines), and organize princess brunches for your little ladies, fourseasons.com  $$$$”

!!

"Just a 10-minute walk from the Magic Kingdom"

Um... are they putting in a magical sidewalk??

Given how inaccurate that statement is, this one is suspect as well...

"a Disney concierge is on hand to get you VIP passes for rides (no lines)"

...unless they left out the "for a fee" part.

From the June 2014 issue of Travel+Leisure magazine in a list of 10 family vacation experiences, #6 is Live the Fairy Tale and mentions WDW and Efteling, Netherlands:

“A trip to Disney World is a rite of passage for kids, but it can come with its fair share of headaches. The new Four Seasons Resort Orlando will provide some relief.  Just a 10-minute walk from the Magic Kingdom, the 444-room property has hourly shuttles to the four parks, but special appearances by Goofy and friends at breakfast mean there’s no rush to see your favorite buddies. Bonus: a Disney concierge is on hand to get you VIP passes for rides (no lines), and organize princess brunches for your little ladies, fourseasons.com  $$$$”

!!

I thought you might have typed that wrong, so I hunted down the article to see for myself.

Sure enough, they say it's a 10 minute walk to the Magic Kingdom:

travelandleisureaticle_zpsd898aeed.jpg

http://www.travelandleisure.com/articles/best-family-getaways-2014/7

That's pretty amazing.

It could be a 10 minute walk to the 1800 loop- if you walk really fast.

TCD

I thought you might have typed that wrong, so I hunted down the article to see for myself.

Sure enough, they say it's a 10 minute walk to the Magic Kingdom:

At first I thought I must have read it wrong, but as you confirmed I didn't.  And I'm not sure one could make it from that luxury suite to the limo, with one's precious children who are experiencing their rite of passage, in 10 min. It would take some children 10 min just to walk to the elevator.  However, if one reads that article and then books a room at the Four Seasons and then finds out it's not true. Well, they already have your money.  

And how much does one have to spring for those VIP passes and personal princess brunches?  They do put 4 $ though, so one has been warned. 

Even if they mean you only have to walk for 10 minutes, the drive over alone could be all of that and then some.  And where is guest drop off at MK?  Is it right at the entrance or at TTC?

Jumping in my car at the Fort (which is technically closer) and driving straight to MK, you're still talking a good 20-30 minutes before you're walking into the park, and that's if you hit all the trams/ferry/monorail spot on.

Well, they already have your money.  

Indeed!

And how much does one have to spring for those VIP passes and personal princess brunches?  They do put 4 $ though, so one has been warned. 

The interesting thing is that they actually say "no lines".  Even the regular Disney VIP tours don't guarantee that, although they hedge the issue and basically say that your tour guide will assist you in keeping your wait times to a minimum.  I've heard that in the past that meant getting your FPs for you.  No idea how that works now with MBs, unless you just get instant access to the FP+ line if you're accompanied by someone in a spiffy plaid vest.  But even then, that isn't necessarily a "no" line situation.

So unless they're adding some all new level of VIP service for Four Seasons guests, I'd say that there's at best some crappy reporting here and at worst possibly false advertising.