And where is guest drop off at MK?  Is it right at the entrance or at TTC?

I'm not aware of any non-Disney vehicles that are allowed to drop off at MK instead of TTC, but there are a lot of unused bus stops at MK now.

Which also raises the question of where will the vehicles from Golden Oaks drop off? Will those be Disney vehicles or 3rd party vehicles?

And if they're allowed to drop off at MK, why not the 4 Seasons vehicles.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They can work the system though.  Last New Years Eve we had reservations at the Wave for lunch.  On December 30th, I checked MyDisneyExperience and noticed that my reservation was gone. I then got my

Wow, 1-4 sound like things I would complain about.  I thought rich people loved valet parking, paying $5 for a Diet Coke ("in a metal bottle" -- is that also known as a can?), avoiding public transpor

The wow factor is at checkout.

I'm not aware of any non-Disney vehicles that are allowed to drop off at MK instead of TTC, but there are a lot of unused bus stops at MK now.

Which also raises the question of where will the vehicles from Golden Oaks drop off? Will those be Disney vehicles or 3rd party vehicles?

And if they're allowed to drop off at MK, why not the 4 Seasons vehicles.

I previously posted this screen cap from the Four Seasons Facebook page, where someone in charge at the Four Seasons said that they will provide transportation to the TTC for guests wanting to go to the MK, and direct to the other parks:

fourseasonsfacebook_zps95d73511.jpg

http://www.fortfiends.net/forum/topic/12331-four-seasons-opening-date-and-dining-options/?p=347300

I believe the plaid vest folks drive guests around in Disney owned vans-and that they park somewhere behind the scenes and enter through some means other than the main gate.  I've seen plaid vest CM's bringing guests into Epcot by a walkway next to Test Track.

TCD

And where is guest drop off at MK?  Is it right at the entrance or at TTC?

The MK guest drop off is right at the TTC, right before you get to the Polynesian resort entrance.

The interesting thing is that they actually say "no lines".  Even the regular Disney VIP tours don't guarantee that, although they hedge the issue and basically say that your tour guide will assist you in keeping your wait times to a minimum.  I've heard that in the past that meant getting your FPs for you.  No idea how that works now with MBs, unless you just get instant access to the FP+ line if you're accompanied by someone in a spiffy plaid vest.  But even then, that isn't necessarily a "no" line situation.

In practice, those plaid vests do let guests skip the lines. I've seen the sneak in from the back at Space Mountain and RNRC, bypassing even the FP lines going right to the loading area. A lot of attractions are set up so us poor dumb slob guests don't see the rich folks skipping the lines.

TCD

I haven't been able to find anything on the Four Seasons - Orlando web site that says a 10 minute walk to the Magic Kingdom. There is a line that says "minutes from the Magic Kingdom."  I did find several reviews of the Contemporary Resort/Bay Lake Tower on TripAdvisor that say 10-minute walk to the MK.  It's possible the junior Travel+Leisure writer assigned to write the Best Family Getaway 2014 entry #7 did not know the difference and used that information. 

I haven't been able to find anything on the Four Seasons - Orlando web site that says a 10 minute walk to the Magic Kingdom. There is a line that says "minutes from the Magic Kingdom."  I did find several reviews of the Contemporary Resort/Bay Lake Tower on TripAdvisor that say 10-minute walk to the MK.  It's possible the junior Travel+Leisure writer assigned to write the Best Family Getaway 2014 entry #7 did not know the difference and used that information. 

Now that would make sense, as Contemp/BLT is the only resort that's a 10 minute walk to the MK gate.

While the Four Season is indeed "minutes" from the Magic Kingdom, even driving to the new guest drop area off it's probably a good bit more than 10 minutes.

Also, the info TCD shared above says "twice hourly" transport to MK and "hourly" to all other parks. Depending on your timing, your "minutes" could easily become more like a half hour to an hour, regardless of where they drop you off.

While the Four Season is indeed "minutes" from the Magic Kingdom, even driving to the new guest drop area off it's probably a good bit more than 10 minutes.

Nope, 7 minutes, I timed it as I was going by one day. It's only about 4 minutes from the Fort

I think instead of walking, they meant to say driving.

Someone who read the article, please enlighten me. Is there a Disney character breakfast at the Four Seasons or is the author just generally wrong about everything?

from the web site. I also did just find a mention of "10 minute drive to the Magic Kingdom" although it should probably say ride since I'm sure someone else will be doing the driving, at least they would if I stayed there.

"Disney Character Breakfast

Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World Resort is excited to offer the “Good Morning Breakfast with Goofy and his Pals” character breakfast, twice weekly at Ravello restaurant. The buffet-style breakfast will be offered on Thursdays and Saturdays, and also on Tuesdays during peak school break periods, and will feature a wonderful assortment of traditional breakfast offerings and an omelet station. A photographer will be available to capture the memories of the families with the stars of the breakfast, the always entertaining Goofy & Pals."

from the web site. I also did just find a mention of "10 minute drive to the Magic Kingdom" although it should probably say ride since I'm sure someone else will be doing the driving, at least they would if I stayed there.

"Disney Character Breakfast

Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World Resort is excited to offer the “Good Morning Breakfast with Goofy and his Pals” character breakfast, twice weekly at Ravello restaurant. The buffet-style breakfast will be offered on Thursdays and Saturdays, and also on Tuesdays during peak school break periods, and will feature a wonderful assortment of traditional breakfast offerings and an omelet station. A photographer will be available to capture the memories of the families with the stars of the breakfast, the always entertaining Goofy & Pals."

Interesting. Thanks.

This still isn't right.  Only Disney buses drive to the Magic Kingdom.  A private motor coach or even a Limo would have to drop the passengers off at the TTC.  From there, the guest is going to have to take the ferry or monorail with the unwashed masses.  There ain't no 10 minute ride to the MK from the Four Seasons.

TCD

This still isn't right.  Only Disney buses drive to the Magic Kingdom.  A private motor coach or even a Limo would have to drop the passengers off at the TTC.  From there, the guest is going to have to take the ferry or monorail with the unwashed masses.  There ain't no 10 minute ride to the MK from the Four Seasons.

TCD

That's it then.....I'm canceling my 2 week Christmas reservation there.  

Not anymore, it's at the new reconfigured TTC lot. The cabs are staged there as well.

Not that I plan on using the guest drop off area, but where is it now?  Are you saying that I would have to drive in to the TTC parking lot?  Then what?

I have used the guest drop off area at the other parks- it's great for the guest being dropped off.

Has the location to catch a cab at the TTC changed, or just the cab staging area?

TCD

Are you saying that I would have to drive in to the TTC parking lot? 

Yes

Then what?

There is a drop off area.

Has the location to catch a cab at the TTC changed,

Yes

or just the cab staging area?

The staging area has changed a couple of times while the TTC lot was being built, but now everything is at the TTC lot.

Drive through and check it out sometime.

The old drop off lot and cab area is closed. I think the Poly refurb is using it.