Since I consider it my personal duty to keep an eye on the Fort's new neighbor, I occasionally look for news about the new Four Seasons resort which looms over the Fort and will be opening for business in August.

I came across this photo on the Four Seasons Orlando Facebook page:

fourseasonssunset_zpsf2ea5a7e.jpg

That photo was taken from the new resort, overlooking the adult pool, which is at the bottom center of the photo. To the right is the casual dining venue and right of that is the family pool area.

Looking toward the sunset, that canal you see is the canal that empties in to Bay Lake by the BABH behind the 300 loop.  The bridge you see crossing the canal is the bridge that leads to the old Osprey Ridge golf course clubhouse, which is currently closed as part of the golf course upgrade.  Just past the bridge on the left sit the 1800, 1600 and 1500 loops at the Fort.

I found a couple of new articles which have some interesting news tidbits about the Four Seasons.  The first one appears on a site called Travel Weekly, and can be found here: http://www.travelweekly.com/Travel-News/Hotel-News/Disney-magic-to-imbue-Four-Seasons-Orlando/

Some interesting quotes from that article:

True to the Four Seasons brand, officials said, the resort will indulge guests with a "true luxury experience" with its signature level of personalized service and exclusive amenities not previously offered in the Orlando hospitality market. Guests can request that their favorite drinks be stocked in the room's mini-fridge before arrival. In addition, it offers a free, day-long kids club and on-site luxury car rentals for trips to the theme parks.

Luxury car rentals for trips to the theme parks? 

Wow.

There's some news here about the old Osprey Ridge course:

The final piece in the crown jewel winds around the resort. The Tom Fazio-designed golf course, previously known as Osprey Ridge, is undergoing renovations and upgrades in preparation for a September opening. There's no word yet on whether it will open as a private or semiprivate course, but Four Seasons guests will be able to book preferred tee times.

I wasn't 100% sure that the Osprey Ridge name would be gone.  It seems pretty clear that it will be.  It's interesting to me that the course may be a private course.

That article also mentions the possibility of a "soft launch" for the hotel in July.  I may be enjoying that lazy river sooner than I thought.

The next article comes from a site called The Telegraph.  From the UK.  The whole article is here:  http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/destinations/northamerica/usa/florida/10784453/Four-Seasons-to-open-hotel-at-Walt-Disney-World-Resort-in-Florida.html

There are some interesting points in this article too.  For example:

The hotel – the largest in the Four Seasons group with 444 rooms – will feature a rooftop restaurant with views of the nightly Magic Kingdom fireworks and a Disney Planning Centre that can book and plan every minute of a visit to the 'House of Mouse'.

Wow.  This is the biggest Four Seasons ever?  That surprises me.

The planning center sounds interesting.  I guess those will be Disney employees?

Here's a gem:

There will be character breakfasts (where guests dine with Disney characters) twice a week but otherwise Disneyana will be kept to a minimum, as the Four Seasons seeks to distinguish itself from Disney’s other 22 resorts, in an attempt to appeal to wealthy guests, notably from the Middle East, South America and Japan.

This answers a question I've been asking all along- i.e. who is going to pay to stay here?  It looks like it ain't me.  Or you.  They want whales from other lands.  The price structure reflects that:

Standard room rates will start from $645 (£385) per night, excluding tax, while the top-floor Royal Suite, with its nine attendant bedrooms, costs from $12,000 (£7,150).

A standard room starts at $645 a night.  Something tells me they're not going to be offering free dining promotions here.

This last quote tells us their marketing philosophy:

“We are complementing the Disney resorts, giving guests a new option," said Thomas Steinhauer, Regional Vice President and General Manager for the Four Seasons Orlando. "Four Seasons Orlando will offer a tranquil setting, with the option of Disney integration, but it is not themed. We are offering a choice between a Disney property or a Four Seasons property with a Disney advantage. Our smaller size enables our team to deliver the personalised service our guests know and love.”

Isn't it ironic that they're going to be doing this in a place that we can see from the Fort?

TCD

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They can work the system though.  Last New Years Eve we had reservations at the Wave for lunch.  On December 30th, I checked MyDisneyExperience and noticed that my reservation was gone. I then got my

Wow, 1-4 sound like things I would complain about.  I thought rich people loved valet parking, paying $5 for a Diet Coke ("in a metal bottle" -- is that also known as a can?), avoiding public transpor

The wow factor is at checkout.

What are "attendant bedrooms"?  ...and there are 9 of them in the Royal Suite. Wow!

That article came from the UK.  Where they talk funny.  I reckon it means attached or adjacent.

Or, maybe that's just rich folk lingo.

Here I thought you'd be one of the first guests. :rofl3: :rotfl6:

What are you laughing at?

I am going to be one of the first guests.  I just need a discount code for the suite with attendant bedrooms.

I will do a cannonball in the lazy river.  Them rich folks from Japan, the middle east and South America better make way.

TCD

You know it's your duty as a Fiend to crash that lazy river and take pictures, right? 

Understood.

I would prefer not to crash, though.  They probably will have real security guards there.  Like under the age of 80 and less than 300 pounds.  

I wonder if they'll give Disney CMs a discount?

As I've said before, the people putting up the money for this must know more than I do.

I just can't imagine there's a big enough market of people willing to pay those prices for those rooms.   At some point, they may have to offer discounts.  But, that's down the road.

TCD

$645 a night sounds cheap to me for this resort since the last time I checked Disney rates for the polyenisian resort for the spring they were $662 per night. hmmmmm ....old 1971 resort with shows of wear and tear or a new four seasons resort for a cheaper price? You make the call

I wonder what there occupancy rates are on the $12K suite. That is sick money. I guess they know what they're doing, otherwise it wouldn't be built.

Thurston Howell: "Well Luvy, wherever should we vacation this weekend?"

Luvy: "we should hit the hamptons or the Rivera de exponse"

Thurston: "what about the 4 seasons by Disney across from the trailer park?"

Luvy: "that's a smashing idea thurston...book it."

OK, they might not hire me to write their promotional literature.

The website shows a Royal Suite (MK view) and a Presidential Suite (Epcot view). I guess depending on the type of country one is in charge of. Interestingly both show occupancy as 2 adults or 2 adults and 1 child. Cause who would want to take a child, or more than one, to Disney World. Although it shows you can connect up to 8 rooms so possibly your assorted extra children could stay in those. I wonder who stays in those if only the Suite is rented.

January 1st 2015-5th. 4 nights

2 adults 1 child.

Four Seasons $4,000

Grand Floridian $3,400

I wouldn't pay either price even if I had that kind of money. 5 days $3400? Where's the magic in that?

• 2 weeks later...

TCD you know you're gonna go bounding down the banks of the canal from the Fort, with your inner tube around your waist, nose plugs dangling from your neck, clutching last year's mug expecting to float along that river and have as many Diet Cokes as you please!

Your description of a "real" security guard made me laugh.  I always call those guys "Wackenhut cops".  But only the ones who take their jobs a bit too seriously.  You know, the ones on a total power trip because they have a shiny badge.  I like the retired guys who want to chat right after you woke them up from their afternoon siesta in the guard shack.

TCD you know you're gonna go bounding down the banks of the canal from the Fort, with your inner tube around your waist, nose plugs dangling from your neck, clutching last year's mug expecting to float along that river and have as many Diet Cokes as you please!

I might just sell a kidney to pay to see that!   :lmao1:

Chariots of Fire playing in the background…….oh man if I had any animation skills and a few hours to kill I'd be all over making a video of this!

You do paint a pretty picture with those words.  I was thinking of arriving as a regular guest for my first visit.  But your way is very tempting.

Yes, that would be a sight.

Chariots of Fire playing in the background…….oh man if I had any animation skills and a few hours to kill I'd be all over making a video of this!

Not to worry, I'll film it, and then we can add the music and slow motion effects.

BTW- I just checked the Facebook page, and they posted this photo of their pool slides.  Nice, but they don't have an old River Country water tower at the top:

fourseasonspoolslide_zps2a3fa5f7.jpg

TCD

Wow, those are some elaborate slides.  

A regular guest?  Are you entering a contest for free stays or giving up some regular WDW trips to do it?  Because you could stay at the Fort many times over for what one weekend will run at this place!

I am not sure I'd spring for those rates even if we could afford them.  I think I'd rather try one of the WDW resorts we've never stayed at.

Another thing I was thinking after reading the comments about how they don't want to be overly Disney themed or otherwise connected to it….I suppose that eliminates any speculation about water transportation to the MK?

Wow, those are some elaborate slides.  

A regular guest?  Are you entering a contest for free stays or giving up some regular WDW trips to do it?  Because you could stay at the Fort many times over for what one weekend will run at this place!

I am not sure I'd spring for those rates even if we could afford them.  I think I'd rather try one of the WDW resorts we've never stayed at.

Another thing I was thinking after reading the comments about how they don't want to be overly Disney themed or otherwise connected to it….I suppose that eliminates any speculation about water transportation to the MK?

I am thinking that at some point, they will need to offer some kind of discounts to fill rooms.  There's no way they're going to have enough occupancy with those prices.

I have stayed at all the WDW resorts except for Old Key West and Shades of Green, so I've already pretty much got that covered.

Since they just re-did the dam at the canal behind the 300 loop, I am convinced that there isn't going to be water transportation to the MK.  At least not anytime soon.

TCD