Really, does this happen?

I have never been in a FP line so I've never experienced it, but people actually try to do this, and people in line allow it to happen? That'll be the day.

Not so much in the FP lines, but all the time in the regular standby lines. In fact, I don't think I've ever been to WDW where it hasn't happened once-especially on the rides where there's a long queue like Space Mountain or Big Thunder.

TCD

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They can work the system though.  Last New Years Eve we had reservations at the Wave for lunch.  On December 30th, I checked MyDisneyExperience and noticed that my reservation was gone. I then got my

Wow, 1-4 sound like things I would complain about.  I thought rich people loved valet parking, paying $5 for a Diet Coke ("in a metal bottle" -- is that also known as a can?), avoiding public transpor

The wow factor is at checkout.

I was able to get 4 FP+ to 7DMT and A&E a little more than a week out during a holiday week. If they obsessively keep checking, they probably could too.

I know that you did. I've been able to finagle FP+'s for A & E and the Mine Train as late as the day before too. But, it takes a lot of effort. And time. When you get to the day of, there's no way you're getting FP+'s for those attractions. So, how can you run a business and promise guests access to everything? And, the excerpt I posted above was a party of 9. Not 4. 9. There's no way.

If you RD DHS and Epcot, the tiers don't matter very much. You RD TT and FP+ Soarin or the other way around.

That's a good point. If you factor in rope drop, you could do everything in Epcot with no lines. But, then what? Unless you have a way to cheat the system, you can't hop to another park and use FP+ there for anything worth riding.

I'm not saying there isn't something else going on, but it's possible they're just using a high level of knowledge of the system in place. So many people go to Disney without even knowing what rides are in what parks. People who know as much as you would blow them away.

That's my point. I know all the tricks in the book. And, some that aren't. But, there's no way I could use the current system to promise paying customers a line-free experience of their choosing. I would need something more. Like friends on the inside who can slip me Rider Swap passes, or the re-admit passes that Disney tries to keep secret from the public. Or, for all I know, Disney is licensing these VIP tour guides for a fee, and they are paying Disney for the access.

TCD

There's something very fishy about this.

Wouldn't be the first time an independent tour company that offers all kinds of preferred access is playing shenanigans.  And some of them have been caught in the past - like the one that always had old-style fastpasses for whatever you wanted, whenever you wanted it.

And of course there's the situation where people were abusing the old GAC system to get people FOTL access.  That one hit the national news and probably played some part in the overhaul of that system.  :(

... do a ton of waiting in line themselves for you

Sorry, I don't care how much you're paying some guy, if you and your family of 6 think they're pushing past me to catch up with your "VIP tour guide" you're out of your minds.

Really, does this happen?

I have never been in a FP line so I've never experienced it, but people actually try to do this, and people in line allow it to happen? That'll be the day.

It absolutely happens.  Frequently.  Not so much in the FP line - especially not now - but in standby.  We've had groups of teens (10-15 of them) want to push past us to catch up with their friends.  It used to be particularly bad for TSM where one person would go ahead to get in line and then a bunch of people would show up and want to sail past everyone to catch up.  Sometimes CMs at the entrance were stopping them, but just as often they didn't.

... for all I know, Disney is licensing these VIP tour guides for a fee, and they are paying Disney for the access.

Now that's a possibility.  Although they have their own pricey VIP service.  You wouldn't think they'd want to support the competition.

You know, I read in a Trip Report by some guy that hangs around here a lot about how you can put a bunch of fake relatives on a reservation for the Fort  (he even used names like Anna and Elsa!) and then get Magic Bands for those fake people and then use those Magic Bands to get a bunch of extra FP+.  If you are charging $100+ an hour for VIP tours a few extra APs and Fort reservations wouldn't cut into your profit too much. 

I actually had a guy pick me up and set me aside to catch up with his group. Wasn't much I could do to stop him.

Oh HELL no!  There would be screeching the likes of which would wake the dead if some stranger physically picked me up and moved me out of his way.

Mind you the screeching would be his...  :rofl2:

No seriously.  I really do try to abide by "live and let live" but you better believe that would be one time I'd be speaking up LOUDLY, and probably calling for the nearest CM to boot.

I was asking specifically about FP lines.

I know it happens in the standby lines, as it's happened to me more than once.

I haven't had it happen in a FP line with the new system yet, but I haven't been there much since it went resort-wide.   I have with the old.

I was asking specifically about FP lines.

I know it happens in the standby lines, as it's happened to me more than once.

If the VIP guide somehow has FP+ reservations for the group, they don't need to be pushing through the line.  And if he doesn't, they can't enter that line.

You know, I read in a Trip Report by some guy that hangs around here a lot about how you can put a bunch of fake relatives on a reservation for the Fort  (he even used names like Anna and Elsa!) and then get Magic Bands for those fake people and then use those Magic Bands to get a bunch of extra FP+.  If you are charging $100+ an hour for VIP tours a few extra APs and Fort reservations wouldn't cut into your profit too much. 

The problem with that is that those extra MB's are only of use once you're already in the park with another form of valid admission.   Theoretically, a guide could take those first thing in the morning to a FP+ kiosk, but he will only be able to book what's available that day. There won't be any Mine Train or A & E FP+ times available at the MK, and probably only late afternoon availability  for the mountains, if there is any at all.  At DHS and Epcot, the big tier one FP+'s are likely to be already gone first thing in the morning. 

So, the extra MB's with fake names won't work for a tour guide.  At least not to provide no waiting for big attractions.

TCD

How many CM's does WDW have?

I'm sure there are a few who are willing to risk losing their fabulous minimum wage job to make some quick cash.

TCD

And it's not like there aren't people out there looking to prey on unsuspecting CMs for their own gain.

Last year 2 AK employees were fired after being "befriended" by some guy that had them get discounted tickets for him.

Which he promptly resold to the general public.

And it's not like there aren't people out there looking to prey on unsuspecting CMs for their own gain.

Last year 2 AK employees were fired after being "befriended" by some guy that had them get discounted tickets for him.

Which he promptly resold to the general public.

That's sad.

Getting back to the Re-entry passes,  these apparently are easy to come by, and nobody is keeping an eye on the CMs' with access to them.

TCD Twin #2, who is currently working at WDW in the College Program just told me the other night about a co-worker of hers who ran into a Space Mountain CM in the MK cafeteria.  The two kids were flirting with each other, and the SM CM decides to impress the girl by giving her a stack of Re-Entry FP's.  Just like that.  I guess the CM's with access to the re-entry passes don't have to account for them, and can slip a few in their pockets to impress the girls.

TCD