When you pull your RV into your campsite, do you need a cord to plug from your trailer to the outlet? I was looking for such a cord on the camper we just bought, and there isn't one....so I was wondering if I needed to purchase one or if the campgrounds usually provide them?

The cord may be a little hard to find.  It may be behind a locked door on the (usually drivers side) side of the camper.  On my son's hybrid it is a loose cord that he has to store in the storage compartment and plug into a plug on the side of the camper and then to the shore power outlet.  When they bought their used camper they found the cord stored under a bunk.  It should be thicker than a regular extension cord.

If I remember correctly you bought a TT.  The cord should have come with the unit.  If your search does not find one then take a picture of the electrical connection and go to an RV dealer or Camping World and buy a replacement.  You should know what amp service your unit is and the picture should help you get the right cord.

We borrowed a friends pop up once when we hosted our family reunion and I couldn't find it to save my life. I called my buddy and he kept it in the bumper. The bumper had a cap on one end.

Can you call the previous owner? They'll know where it's at or if they kept it you'll know also.

Its funny how I couldn't sleep last night just thinking about this question.  My first thought was to suggest that you call the previous owner and ask him for it.  Then I got to wondering how you tested out the electrical equipment before you bought it without an electrical cord.  Maybe the previous owner hid it so you wouldn't test the AC or refrig or lights or hot water heater.  You already had to buy tires and a new canvas.  I hope you got a really good deal on this hybrid.  You see where I'm going with this.  I'm going to take a pill tonight.

Its funny how I couldn't sleep last night just thinking about this question.  My first thought was to suggest that you call the previous owner and ask him for it.  Then I got to wondering how you tested out the electrical equipment before you bought it without an electrical cord.  Maybe the previous owner hid it so you wouldn't test the AC or refrig or lights or hot water heater.  You already had to buy tires and a new canvas.  I hope you got a really good deal on this hybrid.  You see where I'm going with this.  I'm going to take a pill tonight.

Thanks for thinking of of us!  We're okay... we found the cord. I'm telling ya, it will be by God's grace that we make it to the Fort here in a couple of weeks and (prayerfully) actually get to use and enjoy this silly camper :)

Thanks for thinking of of us!  We're okay... we found the cord. I'm telling ya, it will be by God's grace that we make it to the Fort here in a couple of weeks and (prayerfully) actually get to use and enjoy this silly camper :)

Just remember you will forget something. Most likely a little thing. There are plenty of places near Disney to get whatever it is and people around most of the time to help you figure it out. You will do fine. 

Just remember you will forget something. Most likely a little thing. There are plenty of places near Disney to get whatever it is and people around most of the time to help you figure it out. You will do fine. 

Good point.  Before your trip, familiarize yourself with the routes to both Walmart and Camping World.  And plan on making trips to one or both of them.  It's just part of the fun!  

You will find in your new "camping life" that a camping trip is just not successful without at least one trip to the local Wal-Mart....  And depending on the area of this great country you travel, the local Wal-Mart is a tourist attraction itself....  People watching at its best!

Yes... I'd like the site number and personal cell phone for every Fiend that will be at the Fort, May 10 - May 17th please.  Just kidding... we won't harass you all ;)

In the past year we have made 3 trips camping, in a tent, a cabin and a rental hybrid. We had to buy/borrow/ ask for help every trip.

I'm prepared for this so... nice to know we're not the only ones to have the "full experience" :)

Based on our recent experience, I would recommend knowing ahead of time WHERE the hookups (elec, water, sewer) are located on the site (or loop) you request. This is necessary so that you arrive at the Fort with a water hose, sewer hose, and electric cable that are long enough to reach these hookups when your TT is positioned on the pad. The fort fiends app describing the all the sites should be your guide.