If you have a electric water heater make sure after conecting the water hose you open a hot water faucet and run it untill all the air is out of the system. Then turn the power on to the water heater. If not the air in the system can cause the element to pop which means it won't work.

I recommend that you use a regulator at any and all CGs. Even as noted just a cheap wally world one will work.  I put one at the faucet end of the hook up hose. It is cheap insurance against what can be a real problem if the pressure is high enough to pop a joint loose or burst a hose in the camper

If you purchased from three-way, likely the hose that came with the camper will already have the regulator on the end.  The two we purchased there came with a start up kit with hose, regulator, basic sewer hose.  It would be a brass 1-3 inch long piece that would just go in-line on the hose.  This should be connected to the spigot at the campground before attaching your hose.

We also use a filter on the faucet end of the MH hose.  Filters vary from cheap to really high cost, dependig on what they filter out.

Actually, I just purchased one this weekend at Wal-Mart for about $25 and am pretty happy with how it improved the taste of the water.

At the Fort, the tap water is pretty nasty so a filter may be needed for someone used to GA water...LOL   You could always pick one up at Camping World or Wally World down there after trying it.

If you have a electric water heater make sure after conecting the water hose you open a hot water faucet and run it untill all the air is out of the system. Then turn the power on to the water heater. If not the air in the system can cause the element to pop which means it won't work.

Thank you.  I actually have no idea if we have an electric water heater... I'll see if I can figure that out!

I'm not a RV expert in any way but don't I remember some of you suggesting people should use a water pressure regulator?

Am I mistaken or does the regulator only need to be used at certain campgrounds?

Thank you, someone did suggest that on a different post and I checked our hose; there was a pressure regulator already on it :)

I think the suggestion for the electric water heater goes for gas too.  You do not want to heat an empty hot water tank.  you can ruin it in a hurry that way.  So before you turn the water heater on, be sure to open the hot water faucets and let them run until all the air is out and you have a steady stream of cool water.  THEN turn it on to heat the water.  This should pnly be necessary the first time you fill the water tank and after you drain and flush the system.

BTW, we have gotten in the habit of only turning our water heater on when we want hot water, rather than allow it to continue to cycle when we are not going to be using the hot water, like when we go into the Parks.  It only takes a few minutes to heat the water and it saves you some propane.

I think the suggestion for the electric water heater goes for gas too.  You do not want to heat an empty hot water tank.  you can ruin it in a hurry that way.  So before you turn the water heater on, be sure to open the hot water faucets and let them run until all the air is out and you have a steady stream of cool water.  THEN turn it on to heat the water.  This should pnly be necessary the first time you fill the water tank and after you drain and flush the system.

BTW, we have gotten in the habit of only turning our water heater on when we want hot water, rather than allow it to continue to cycle when we are not going to be using the hot water, like when we go into the Parks.  It only takes a few minutes to heat the water and it saves you some propane.

Thank you!  Good to know... and good tip! :)