ADR tricks or tips? I've had no luck

It's my turn to complain about Disney's ADR process.

We are planning a Thanksgiving trip to the Fort and this morning was when our 180 day window started.  So for the first time ever I was determined to get ADRs for the exact times I wanted.  So I woke up before 5am CT and was online when they opened everything up for reservations.

You know what?

I still couldn't get a 'Ohana reservation for a time before 8:35pm for the whole week, and actually not until 9:35pm on the day we wanted.  What the fort is going on, I guess people with reservations starting earlier had already booked them all???  I think we might try Lou's arrive at 5pm trick if we can't get a reservation.

I also couldn't find a single reservation for Be Our Guest, not a single one!  What the fort!  We've have lunch there but really wanted to try dinner. 

I had a feeling that Be Our Guest wasn't opened for reservations or something, so I called at 6amCT right when the phone lines opened, and then waited, I was on hold for 30 minutes and she told me there wasn't anything available, and that it shows existing reservations so I guess it's opened up.

On another note, I've been trying to book the entire Thanksgiving week at the Fort for a couple months now with no luck, Wednesday and Thursday night haven't been available.  I do have Saturday to Wednesday booked though.

All of this has gotten very frustrating, but I guess I'll just keep checking.  

Sorry just wanted to complain and see if anyone had suggestions.

Thanks,

WBI

Weird. I've never had that happen. But you aren't the only one reporting that. 

Here's a trick.... You're a party of 3 right? Try booking for a party of 4, then 5, then 6, all the way up to 8ish. You can then call back and cancel the extra people. I've gotten `Ohana that way before when I waited to book. Like I said, I've always gotten whatever I wanted at 180 days, but I've seen a lot of people lately having problems.  

Sorry just wanted to complain and see if anyone had suggestions.

Can't add much that will help with your frustrations, Nick, but I bet it feels good just to vent.

I have no doubt, and have confidence in your abilities that you'll find a way to make it all come together.

I haven't booked ADRs but last year I did try for months to book Thanksgiving week at the Fort and could only get Saturday to Wednesday (even trying all the book extra days tricks). Then those day finally becmae available -- the Wednesday before (once the 5 day cancellation kicked in). By that time we had a camper rental only for Sat-Tues and reservations at the Dolphin for Wed and Thurs nights.

If you can make an easily cancellabe contingency reservation and don't mind waiting to the last minute it might work out that way for you this year. Very frustrating, though.

BOG is my nemesis. I have people I have been trying to get reservations for various times and it has been a battle. Thanksgiving is likewise on my list of hard to gets for a couple of months now. I try several times a day for those. 

I will second what Kelly suggested especially for O'Hana. Add more people up to about 8 and keep trying with each add. If you can get it book it and call to drop what you dont need. 

BOG is just a keep on trying. 

I have a reservation for that week too and knew today was the day I was supposed to book ADR's....and then I completely forgot.  Fortunately, I really don't have any restaurants I want to dine at this trip.  Any I am interested in probably aren't hard to get....like Kona.  

That's great Dave, are you going to keep your reservation and go for Thanksgiving?  We are only 99% going right now we may have to cancel.  But we're kind of like you and have family to visit in FL anyway so it kind of makes sense to go.  :)

It's funny you say that about the places you want not being hard to get, we are pretty much the same way, I booked a Biergarten lunch and a trails end breakfast, most of what we like and want aren't that hard to get.  Funny thing was this morning I could have gotten anything except the two I wanted.

Weird. I've never had that happen. But you aren't the only one reporting that. 

Here's a trick.... You're a party of 3 right? Try booking for a party of 4, then 5, then 6, all the way up to 8ish. You can then call back and cancel the extra people. I've gotten `Ohana that way before when I waited to book. Like I said, I've always gotten whatever I wanted at 180 days, but I've seen a lot of people lately having problems.  

Thanks Kelly, I've never had this hard of time for Ohana before. 

That's a great trip, I've never tried that with the party size before, but I just did for all my days and still couldn't get anything but a 9:40pm for Ohana.  I'll keep trying I guess! 

Can't add much that will help with your frustrations, Nick, but I bet it feels good just to vent.

I have no doubt, and have confidence in your abilities that you'll find a way to make it all come together.

Thanks Lou, it's really not that big of a deal to us, we were just trying to get some early reservations so we could eat at some fun places while the little guy was awake and happy.  I just couldn't believe they weren't available.

Even if we don't go to those places we'll still have a great time! Thanks again!

I haven't booked ADRs but last year I did try for months to book Thanksgiving week at the Fort and could only get Saturday to Wednesday (even trying all the book extra days tricks). Then those day finally becmae available -- the Wednesday before (once the 5 day cancellation kicked in). By that time we had a camper rental only for Sat-Tues and reservations at the Dolphin for Wed and Thurs nights.

If you can make an easily cancellabe contingency reservation and don't mind waiting to the last minute it might work out that way for you this year. Very frustrating, though.

I remember you having that problem.  I've tried all those tricks too, I even got Jason looking for me. 

Right now I have Saturday to Wednesday and Friday to Sunday booked. Which actually will work out for me even if I don't get Wednesday and Thursday, we'll just drive down to my inlaws and then come back.

Thanks I'm going to keep trying.

BOG is my nemesis. I have people I have been trying to get reservations for various times and it has been a battle. Thanksgiving is likewise on my list of hard to gets for a couple of months now. I try several times a day for those. 

I will second what Kelly suggested especially for O'Hana. Add more people up to about 8 and keep trying with each add. If you can get it book it and call to drop what you dont need. 

BOG is just a keep on trying. 

That's crazy Jason, I really think BOG was locked down, but who knows.

I'll keep trying with Kelly's trick, thanks.  And thanks for checking for the Fort for me, I don't think I told you I booked Saturday to Wednesday and Friday to Sunday.  That brings up a question, if I get the missing days, can the reservations be combined?

Thanks again everyone!

WBI

That's great Dave, are you going to keep your reservation and go for Thanksgiving?  We are only 99% going right now we may have to cancel.  But we're kind of like you and have family to visit in FL anyway so it kind of makes sense to go.  :)

It's funny you say that about the places you want not being hard to get, we are pretty much the same way, I booked a Biergarten lunch and a trails end breakfast, most of what we like and want aren't that hard to get.  Funny thing was this morning I could have gotten anything except the two I wanted.

Thanks Kelly, I've never had this hard of time for Ohana before. 

That's a great trip, I've never tried that with the party size before, but I just did for all my days and still couldn't get anything but a 9:40pm for Ohana.  I'll keep trying I guess! 

Thanks Lou, it's really not that big of a deal to us, we were just trying to get some early reservations so we could eat at some fun places while the little guy was awake and happy.  I just couldn't believe they weren't available.

Even if we don't go to those places we'll still have a great time! Thanks again!

I remember you having that problem.  I've tried all those tricks too, I even got Jason looking for me. 

Right now I have Saturday to Wednesday and Friday to Sunday booked. Which actually will work out for me even if I don't get Wednesday and Thursday, we'll just drive down to my inlaws and then come back.

Thanks I'm going to keep trying.

That's crazy Jason, I really think BOG was locked down, but who knows.

I'll keep trying with Kelly's trick, thanks.  And thanks for checking for the Fort for me, I don't think I told you I booked Saturday to Wednesday and Friday to Sunday.  That brings up a question, if I get the missing days, can the reservations be combined?

Thanks again everyone!

WBI

You can have them linked but would still have to go up and check out of one and into the next. By linking them you " should not" have to move sites. 

Thanks for letting me know on the other days. I will keep trying to get you one for all of the time but at least you have those. 

We always book our annual Thanksgiving trip to the fort as early as possible, sometimes over a year out. You can always cancel. When your 6 month window day comes up to book ADR what is the earliest you can make them and is calling or booking online the same on that day?

Yes, but Disney is determined to screw up everything we've always enjoyed.

Lol it does seem that way at times. I was going to make ADR's for our next trip but I think I have decided to skip it until my daughter is older.

About a week ago I tried booking HDDR for the 6:15 on July 4th during our stay at the Fort. First I tried using My Disney Experience which kept telling me there was no such dining venue. So I called and while on hold I kept hearing how you,can make reservations on line and save time?

Well I stuck it out and was able to book my reservations, but Tier 3 was booked, so we had to go with Tier 2. I booked for a party of 12 without too much trouble. The big shock was I had to pay up front. When I mentioned that I had seen on line that I just had to put a deposit down with a credit card I was told that was only if you had a Dining Plan. The agent was very patient while we scrambled to find the Disney gift cards we had been accumulating for this trip. Even with those it was still an unexpected $440 out of my checking account.

I know this is a little different then the troubles wannabeimagineer is having but figured I'd chime in since this was my first time making a dinner reservation in over 20 or more years . Last time was HDDR and I think the adult tickets were in the low $20's and the kids were in the $ teens.

I remember when we first visited in 77 that you could go to the venue in the morning and be just about guaranteed a reservation for that night.

About a week ago I tried booking HDDR for the 6:15 on July 4th during our stay at the Fort. First I tried using My Disney Experience which kept telling me there was no such dining venue. So I called and while on hold I kept hearing how you,can make reservations on line and save time?

Well I stuck it out and was able to book my reservations, but Tier 3 was booked, so we had to go with Tier 2. I booked for a party of 12 without too much trouble. The big shock was I had to pay up front. When I mentioned that I had seen on line that I just had to put a deposit down with a credit card I was told that was only if you had a Dining Plan. The agent was very patient while we scrambled to find the Disney gift cards we had been accumulating for this trip. Even with those it was still an unexpected $440 out of my checking account.

I know this is a little different then the troubles wannabeimagineer is having but figured I'd chime in since this was my first time making a dinner reservation in over 20 or more years . Last time was HDDR and I think the adult tickets were in the low $20's and the kids were in the $ teens.

I remember when we first visited in 77 that you could go to the venue in the morning and be just about guaranteed a reservation for that night.

All the dinner shows like the HDDR have to be paid in advance when booking. It's been that way since before MDE. I'm sure it was a shock if you haven't booked in awhile. I don't mind it a lot since it kind of breaks up the cost of vacation, but I never had to book for that many people either. 

Ours for 10 adults and 2 kids was about $660.  My wife and I had been given gift cards at Christmas and her for Mothers Day to put toward our meals and the two granddaughters.  That took it down to about $440 on my charge card.  The others are paying me back.  Sister in law gave us a Disney gift card (putting towards our site cost) and cash.  One daughter has paid up for 2 tickets.  Still waiting for my other daughters and son to pay up. If they pay me before we go, that will cover out site cost and a little extra.

It was a huge expense, but I guess if we only go every 20 years or so it isn't too bad! :rofl3: 

Our last Disney dining was about 7 years ago at the Whispering Canyon for a large group dinner. 

It's pretty obvious that Disney utilizes some pretty complicated computer programs that really mess with the reservation systems.

There's no way that 'Ohana is booked up like that 6 months out.  For whatever reason, Disney is holding back some or all of the reservations.  Same with BOG. 

It would not surprise me in the least to find out that there is a pool of reservations held back from the general public, to be used by the concierge CM's to cater to the whales that Disney likes to attract.

TCD

It's pretty obvious that Disney utilizes some pretty complicated computer programs that really mess with the reservation systems.

There's no way that 'Ohana is booked up like that 6 months out.  For whatever reason, Disney is holding back some or all of the reservations.  Same with BOG. 

It would not surprise me in the least to find out that there is a pool of reservations held back from the general public, to be used by the concierge CM's to cater to the whales that Disney likes to attract.

TCD

TCD

You should buy a place at Golden Oaks, convert the garage into a smokehouse cafe, and take reservations only from Fiends.

Oh, make sure you get a canalside place so the rest of the family can shuttle the diners back and forth in paddleboats.