If they filled it with an alcoholic drink, there might be some creative tunes. Now that I think about that, I imagine these things will be incredibly annoying.

That is probably worth twelve bucks.

Now that I think about that, I imagine these things will be incredibly annoying.

I was with you on the first post.  $12.  No brainer.  Get it.

Now, reading your second post....never thought about that.  Imagine every snowflake in the park belting out noise.....more than they already do....  Oy.

On third thought....Might make me buy one for myself.  So, when the little Prince/Princess starts dosing off,  I can belt out my melody.

Fort Fiends Royal Philharmonic

... creative and annoying, all at the same time.

Seems to me the Fiends have been creative and annoying, all at the same time, well before the release of this mug....

Think about riding dinosaur or being out on the savannah while some brat is sitting behind you blowing the thing as loud as he can. Maybe the plan is to sell Disney earplugs for 85 dollars at a stand next door.

that thing looks completely silly!

What is there not to like about this? It's a mug. It's a musical instrument. It has pictures of wild animals on it. It looks like it was made from a tree. It has it all!

There are two different mugs. One a Musical one and one a Mask. Musical has non-alcoholic and Mask has Margarita!

http://www.worldofwalt.com/musical-tumbler-disneys-animal-kingdom.html

As a company, Walt Disney World seems to enjoy offering new items for all of us Disney fans to buy. That is good for the company, which makes more money (so they can do more cool things in the future), and it is good for us since we get to have a bit of new Disney fun in our lives.

Disney’s Animal Kingdom recently started selling two new souvenir cups.

I have to admit that I am occasionally a bit let down by some of Disney’s souvenir cup offerings. I know that these things aren’t designed to be Fine China, but at the same time if they are primarily decorated with a cheap sticker, I feel like I’m not getting much.

I’m happy to report that these animal-themed cups are relatively sturdy and have great, unique designs.

There are two different tumblers available.

Let’s take a look at the details:

Musical Tumbler

What happens when you combine a delicious beverage with a musical instrument? You get a Musical Tumbler.

The cup contains embossed-looking designs of animals on each of three sides – a lion, a giraffe, and an elephant.

The fourth ‘side’ (if a cup really has sides) contains the handle that is an “Ocarina” (a wind flute). You blow into the small mouthpiece and use your fingers to cover the holes to make various musical notes.

ak-mug-2014-06-05.jpg
Express your musical side with this tumbler.

ak-mug-2014-06-12.jpg
It has nice design elements.

ak-mug-2014-06-13.jpg
It play’s music too!

ak-mug-2014-06-03.jpg
Fill it up with some good stuff.

For all those aspiring musicians out there, Disney provides instructions on how to play two different songs with your cup: “It’s A Small World” and “I Just Can’t Wait To Be King.”

ak-mug-2014-06-09.jpg
Book that comes with the tumbler.

ak-mug-2014-06-10.jpg
Instructions show you how to play notes..

ak-mug-2014-06-11.jpg
It includes music too!

Different locations seems to offer different flavored drinks for the tumbler. It’s filled with a Jungle Juice Slushie at the popcorn stand in Harambe. It’s filled with Shangri-La Berry Cooler at Upcountry Beverages – which is located not far from the Flights of Wonder show.

ak-mug-2014-06-01.jpg
Get the drinks at Upcountry Beverages.

Mask Tumbler

At Upcountry Beverages you can also purchase a second tumbler themed with tribal masks. This one is a bit more expensive because it comes filled with a margarita. This adult drink comes in three different flavors: Maharaja Lime, Kali River Mango, or Bali Hai Strawberry. Those who are adventurous can get a dose of all three flavors in a concoction called the Triple Yeti Blast.

This mug doesn’t include a musical instrument, but after enjoying a margarita you might be a bit more inclined to sing a song all on your own.

ak-mug-2014-06-04.jpg
Mask Tumbler.

ak-mug-2014-06-08.jpg
First side.

ak-mug-2014-06-07.jpg
Second side.

ak-mug-2014-06-06.jpg
Third side.

ak-mug-2014-06-02.jpg
Plenty of fun drink choices.

You can buy any of these beverages without the tumblers.  You can also buy the musical tumbler without a beverage.

Ok the mask one is cool too so... clearly the move is to buy both, and pour the margarita into the musical one so that the more you drink the more you can drive your companions absolutely bonkers.

Unless of course they've done the same thing, in which case I predict the park clearing out early that day.  8)

I don't think the sounds most kids will make with it will be "music."

Ok the mask one is cool too so... clearly the move is to buy both, and pour the margarita into the musical one so that the more you drink the more you can drive your companions absolutely bonkers.

So maybe my comment should apply to Mo too!   :rofl3: