Does FW allow drive throughs to lool at sites?

We are camping July 1 -12. MY hubby is attending a conferance in Orlando the week before and was wanting to drive through FW to get a look at the sites. We've downloaded the app and seen some great pics, thank you for that it is very helful. By driving through, he might help narrow down some sites for us. We are in a pop up and will also have a tent. We are hoping for loop 1500. We will also put out an awning and have a couple of ez ups. (I think we are bringing everything but the kitchen sink:)) Any good suggestions? We will have a crewmax truck and an escape. Figuring at least one needs to go to overflow. We havent seen the sites on google yet, hoping to do that this weekend. Any advice and suggestions are totally appreciated.

Below is what's published. And as we all know, the Fort always, and diligently enforces it's rules.

I for one, would never, ever, drive around the Fort in my car.

Personal Vehicles

• Motor traffic is permitted when entering and exiting the Campground only. Please board the bus for all destinations within the Campground.

• Parking is permitted for one vehicle at your Campsite or Cabin.

• Registered guests are permitted one overnight vehicle pass for the Outpost parking area during their stay.

Yes I did it last Sunday

Rule breaker.

I hear that they have a very sophisticated video surveillance system in all the loops that takes a snap shot of rule breaker's license plates. They then find out who they are, and if they check into the Fort, they're automatically put in the 1900 loop next to a Canadian or someone from NJ.

That's a pretty strong deterrent not to break the rules.

Rule breaker.

I hear that they have a very sophisticated video surveillance system in all the loops that takes a snap shot of rule breaker's license plates. They then find out who they are, and if they check into the Fort, they're automatically put in the 1900 loop next to a Canadian or someone from NJ.

That's a pretty strong deterrent not to break the rules.

What wrong with people form NJ??

The 3000 loop is booby trapped to prevent people from taking a lool around, whatever that is.

Hey, I loved living in NJ.  

I loved being 60 minutes from the Shore.  

I loved living in farm country.  

I loved Jersey tomatoes and Jersey corn.  

I loved being able to go too a diner at any hour, and usually only a ten minute drive from where ever I was.

I loved taking the Erie Lackawanna train into Hoboken and then the PATH Tube into NYC to go shopping, or to see a show, or just to go dancing.

I loved Great Adventure (never called Six Flags) and Asbury Park and Bruce Springsteen.

BUT, I didn't like the cost of living in NJ, and it has only gone up since I left.  The little "starter" house I grew up in now lists for over 800K and the taxes are 14K a year!!!

There are many things I miss about NJ, but paying to live there is not one of them.

Gotta say, Marty makes Jersey sound quite lovely!  ...except for the $ part.

Reminds me that one of the BIG reasons we love southern NH is that we're an hour from Boston, an hour from the beach, an hour from the mountains, and about a 4-5 hour drive to both NYC and Montreal... and yet we live in a relatively quiet, small town.

Fortunately the cost of living hasn't gone through the roof here ...yet.  We're lucky that as a "commuter town" on the MA line, our property values are good but our taxes aren't as crazy as some of the other small towns around here.

But Brady and Marty both left out one important thing about where they live.... Snow, ice and freezing weather for about 5 months out of the year!

Not in the Jersey I grew up in.  Maybe two big snowfalls most winters.

Now I live in South Carolina, and we have usually one big snow storm or ice storm per year.  Really, not that much different.

But Brady and Marty both left out one important thing about where they live.... Snow, ice and freezing weather for about 5 months out of the year!

Honestly, I'll take that over bugs the size of chihuahuas, and the annual threat of hurricanes and tornadoes.  Oh and humidity so high the air feels like soup and your feet melt to the pavement from May through September.

I can always put more clothes on to get warm, but it doesn't really work the other way.  Not without getting freaking out your neighbors and/or getting arrested. 8)

Honestly, I'll take that over bugs the size of chihuahuas, and the annual threat of hurricanes and tornadoes.  Oh and humidity so high the air feels like soup and your feet melt to the pavement from May through September.

I can always put more clothes on to get warm, but it doesn't really work the other way.  Not without getting freaking out your neighbors and/or getting arrested. 8)

See, you say that you only get one or two big snow storms a year.

Well it's the same with us and hurricanes.  At least we know they are coming and can ignore them until the last minute until you decide you need supplies and then the stores look like a plague of locusts went thru.

And yes, you can keep adding clothes to keep warm, until you get so overdressed you look like a tick ready to explode and you can't sit down.

Feet melting to the pavement just builds calluses up so you no longer have to purchase shoes... a big money saver.

Giant dog sized bugs just means a free pet that you don't need to worry about when you go on vacation.

And don't forget our pterodactyl sized mosquitos! Once you train them it's free air fare to whereever you want to go.

Well it's the same with us and hurricanes.  At least we know they are coming and can ignore them until the last minute until you decide you need supplies and then the stores look like a plague of locusts went thru.

Same here - except it's a plague of yeti!  :rofl3:

...you can keep adding clothes to keep warm, until you get so overdressed you look like a tick ready to explode and you can't sit down.

Feet melting to the pavement just builds calluses up so you no longer have to purchase shoes... a big money saver.

Giant dog sized bugs just means a free pet that you don't need to worry about when you go on vacation.

And don't forget our pterodactyl sized mosquitos! Once you train them it's free air fare to whereever you want to go.

:rofl2:  :rofl2:

You've convinced me.  I'm packing now...